Random thoughts

crap
dont believe that at all
auto updates are ridiculous, i think

ADVICE

Turn On Auto-Updates Everywhere You Can
BY BRIAN BARRETT
Meltdowns like the Chrome zero day bug show why enabling auto-updates can be the wisest choice for many consumers.

my thought would be that people generally do not want to share randomly/openly with 'folk out there'
its a lot to ask and one should not feel obliged to do so

How do you reconcile that?
Thoughts?
Well, I'm stuck on both sides of that fence. I never shared anything kept everything bottled up inside and it only made it worse.
I feel like I have to open up, to be honest with people now, to say what needs to be said, and without second guessing it. If we all never share then why bother with any websites.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i think i understand FSU pretty well what we all go thru
i would think people know very early on if theyre compatibhle with another by readily taking there more intimate conversations to a PM
i think a person can well like a post or image without comment, its what we do, time constraints whatever limiting dscussion, most dont take offence

. If we all never share then why bother with any websites.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
like the word insomnia myself ha

The signs of sleep deprivation and how to get better bedtime habits

ABC Life
/ By Patrick Wright
Updated 5hhours ago
10882716-16x9-xlarge.jpg

IMAGEPoor sleep affects everything from health to emotional intelligence. How can you tell if you're not getting enough?(Unsplash: Charles Deluvio/ABC Life: Luke Tribe)
Sh
When I hear about those people who jump out of bed every morning full of energy, I die a little bit inside.

My experience couldn't be more different. On the rare occasions I do manage to get a solid eight hours of sleep, I still wake up feeling tired.

And just when things are going well, I'll stay up past my bedtime on the weekend — or get distracted by something on my phone on a weeknight — and sabotage my good work.

I'm not alone in feeling tired and under slept. A recent report estimated that nearly 40 per cent of Australians experience some form of inadequate sleep.

If you're one of the "I'll sleep when I'm dead" crowd, consider this:

I wanted to know how to tell if I was under slept, beyond the obvious feeling of tiredness. I spoke to three experts who highlighted four warning signs and some small tweaks that can make your sleep that little bit better.

Before we start it's important to acknowledge that sleep is sometimes out of our control due to family or work commitments. If you are the parent of a newborn or a shift worker, you'll most likely relate to the signs but some of this advice isn't going to be helpful right now.

1. You need an alarm to wake up
10882940-4x3-xlarge.jpg

IMAGEIf your alarm clock is rousing you, it's likely you aren't getting enough shut-eye.(Unsplash: Sanah Suvarna)

The signs of sleep deprivation and how to get better bedtime habits - ABC Life

Seems I've said too much then. I'll move on.
No it's fine. I'm not going to argue over a simple conversation/discussion.

i think i understand FSU pretty well what we all go thru

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
When do you get to the age where you start to look back on your life and wonder what have you done? Have you done anything of importance? Have you used your time to the fullest? Have you spent your time wisely? Have you done anything that matters?
I say this because I have been thinking about this for a few days now and I'm sure I've hit that age. I've looked back on my life and I can't say I've done a lot that matters a lot or matters to me. I mean sure the college grad deal and got a resume full of jobs and shit but what does that mean or matter. I want to do something that matters or that matters to me or even when I look back when I'm 70, 80, or 90 and I can say I did that...or Im glad, proud, and happy I did that. Something I can be proud.

How do you reconcile that?
Thoughts?
Sorry, if that is too deep or philosophical.
I don’t that some people ever do that. I think some people lack complete self awareness.

Personally, I read a statement that stuck with me when I was quite young. It ran along the lines of, “when you’re 80, and look back, what do you wish you had done?”. Maybe it hit me because I understood how brief life could be (I lost my mum when I was young), and I was also always really focused on what was right and wrong. I had a tough upbringing. Anyway, I just had this epiphany that I needed to live life. I had to do what’s right, make differences where I could.

So that’s what I did. Set goals, joined groups, made a career for myself where I felt I could do something. And I made decisions I could be proud of, where I could look myself in the eye at night.

I have to feel passion for what I do. I’m where I need to be. It takes years. But I worked really hard to do it.

I don’t that some people ever do that. I think some people lack complete self awareness.

Personally, I read a statement that stuck with me when I was quite young. It ran along the lines of, “when you’re 80, and look back, what do you wish you had done?”. Maybe it hit me because I understood how brief life could be (I lost my mum when I was young), and I was also always really focused on what was right and wrong. I had a tough upbringing. Anyway, I just had this epiphany that I needed to live life. I had to do what’s right, make differences where I could.

So that’s what I did. Set goals, joined groups, made a career for myself where I felt I could do something. And I made decisions I could be proud of, where I could look myself in the eye at night.

I have to feel passion for what I do. I’m where I need to be. It takes years. But I worked really hard to do it.

thanks for commenting LF. I like calling it becoming self-aware like I'm/we're all some sort of robotic entity soon to take over the world. lol
I guess I'm at that point where I need to follow suit and find a career where I can feel like I'm doing something.
Thank you for your input. It helps.

Reactions: rbkwp

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
thanks for commenting LF. I like calling it becoming self-aware like I'm/we're all some sort of robotic entity soon to take over the world. lol
I guess I'm at that point where I need to follow suit and find a career where I can feel like I'm doing something.
Thank you for your input. It helps.
I think most people are uncomfortable with self-reflection. It’s tough to find out those dark things about yourself. But without that knowledge, there’s no growth. That growth will help you discover where you belong and what you should be doing. Follow your passion and eventually you’ll be able to make a living at. It takes time though. I had three jobs at one time for awhile to make bills. Today, though, I make good a really good income.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
always have in the back of my mind this movement may well fizzle out as the infamous creche movement did, i assume its died a death in its place of origin
certainly did here with a resounding bang, after several were left damaged goods
was easy to prey on gays in a womans job, experienced many times

The Challenge of Preserving the Historical Record of #MeToo
By Nora Caplan-Bricker

1:00 P.M.

Annals of Technology
The Challenge of Preserving the Historical Record of #MeToo

Evidence of the social-media movement should be collected, both because it matters and because it could disappear. But archivists face a battery of technical and ethical questions with few precedents.

By Nora Caplan-Bric

I think most people are uncomfortable with self-reflection. It’s tough to find out those dark things about yourself. But without that knowledge, there’s no growth. That growth will help you discover where you belong and what you should be doing. Follow your passion and eventually you’ll be able to make a living at. It takes time though. I had three jobs at one time for awhile to make bills. Today, though, I make good a really good income.

very profound words LF. your statement on people being uncomfortable with self-reflection is so true.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NORWAYS DODGY AS hell,for environmental non caring and a host of things
WHALING / FARMED SALMON with associated diseases
desecrate destroy another countrys environment, the Australian govt to blame as well

Great Australian Bight oil drilling proposal gains attention in Norway
By Helen Frost
Updated March 12, 2019 00:56:48

Great Australian Bight oil drilling proposal 'making waves in Norway'
A Norwegian MP calls for a state-owned Norwegian oil and gas company not to start drilling in the Great Australian Bight, while a scientist says noise from the project could hurt marine life.

PHOTO: The Great Australian Bight is known for its plentiful marine life.

RELATED STORY: Great Australian Bight drilling report 'whitewashes' oil spill risk, Greenpeace says
RELATED STORY: Bight oil spills could reach Sydney's beaches, planning document shows
RELATED STORY: Great Australian Bight deep sea survey discovers other-worldly marine life

MAP: Adelaide 5000
A Norwegian MP has called for a state-owned Norwegian oil and gas company not to start drilling in the Great Australian Bight, while a scientist says noise from the project could hurt marine life.

Key points:
  • Norway MP raises issue of oil drilling in Great Australian Bight in Norwegian Parliament
  • Norwegian company Equinor says drilling can be done safely in the Bight
  • Consultation on drilling closes next week

The Norwegian Government has a 67 per cent majority stake in Equinor, which wants to start searching for oil off the coast of South Australia at a depth of almost 2.5 kilometres by the end of 2020.

It needs approval from the National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority.

MP Kristoffer Robin Haug addressed the Norwegian Parliament last week and said going ahead with the project could see Norway become the enemy.

"Will the [Petroleum and Energy] Minister use this power as a majority shareholder in Equinor to instruct their company to stop their oil exploration in the Bight?" he asked.

James Cook University marine biologist Dr Jodie Rummer said the environmental testing framework that looked at the impact of drilling in the Bight needed to consider the effect of increased noise and human presence on marine life.

"We know from my research, even small boats and the noise that the motors make are disturbing fish and the way they develop," she said.

"It increases the stress response quite a bit in fish, but we're going on a much larger scale with some of the seismic testing that has to happen for this drilling."
10611404-3x2-700x467.jpg

Great Australian Bight oil drilling proposal 'making waves in Norway'

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Is there a reason for personality test online when applying for a job?
I mean I saw one today that was pick 2:
The one that applies to you the most.
The one that applies to you the least.

You like to meet new people
You are a nice person
People think you are kind
People would say you are responsible

: unamused:: unamused:: unamused::confused::(

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The World of Fashion
Outdoor Voices Blurs the Lines Between Working Out and Everything Else

The brand’s clothes perfectly suit a cultural moment when improving your life style has become a job that’s supposed to be fun.

By Jia Tolentino

thanks NY am fortunate never neeeeeded to be physically active to keep trim, always 11/12 stone max

FAST FORWARD
Dog Owners Spend More on Canine Teeth Than Their Own
Dog lovers have a new obsession — the dental health of their pets. And that’s spawning a rapidly expanding industry.

Lacey, an 11-year-old Australian cattle dog mix, has a daily routine. After her long walk, she comes home to get her teeth brushed and enjoys a dental bone as a treat. She’s “never really thrilled” about having her teeth brushed, but she’s grown accustomed to the routine, says Bev Levreault, Lacey’s human. And if you think Lacey’s an example of a particularly pampered pet, you’re wrong. Her routine is fast becoming the norm.

Levreault, a 61-year-old lifelong dog owner in Williamstown, New York, had never focused much on her pets’ dental care before Lacey. Even with Lacey, the tooth brushing began as a training trick. But the owner of pet products brand Black Cat Dog Designs is now part of a rapidly growing set of pet owners who are focusing their attention on their four-legged friends’ dental health like never before, often spending more on their dogs’ oral care than on their own.

Sales of pet oral care products and services reached $5.2 billion in 2017, according to market research firm Packaged Facts. Of the pets, dogs are getting the most attention when it comes to oral care, comprising 85 percent of that market. More than half of U.S. dog owners take care of their pet’s teeth, according to the American Pet Products Association, and they are twice as likely as cat owners to purchase dental care products and services at their veterinarian’s office, a 2017-18 study by the association shows. Dog owners with dental products for their pets, including toothbrushes, dental chews and wipes, rose from 29 percent in 2006 to 43 percent in 2016, according to the APPA. And that’s only going to grow, suggests Tierra Bonaldi, an APPA pet lifestyle expert, as dog ownership shifts to millennials, who research has shown are willing to spend more on their pets’ health than older generations.

READ MORE

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Before You Go

tGJJ6oRLWEQodxr7xrfFAqY6cqR9gVdmNOFyQUfVzV27mROapBEEwHkbQ9NCOVb6kHbRPh2yku-sXJLOhTItmCUlP_83_B25pGRARNc2M0M6BZIugVAyRHnGX6f4HVqiZbmoTrf2YS7FpIoMAoEDEtz5_sJo4D9rlkPsviNjzhaHCw=s0-d-e1-ft

how very sad
thank you family for being so honest

A jaguar attacked a woman at the Wildlife World Zoo in Litchfield Park, Ariz.
Adam Wilkerson via Reuters
The selfie-taking woman slashed by a jaguar at an Arizona zoo has apologized.
Fans are mourning Olympic cycling medalist Kelly Catlin, who died in her dorm at Stanford University last Thursday. Catlin’s family said the 23-year-old took her own life.

PHOTOGRAPH BY DUKAS PRESSEAGENTUR, ALAMY STOCK PHOTO
Brilliant photos of snow-covered U.S. national parks
Beat the crowds and see these natural wonders before the snow melts.

_bJThu8LSJsT8BLzqWUaUT443Ju0vAVELgaHYqvEA1ACBjXHQvw8F_OCDVKm8VtXcC5Sq1rN7OfMeCuYUfK8Dn6cMD7hYzEjRWU5jPDZ38FSvUqgoYY8=s0-d-e1-ft

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
cool
clever innovative guys, like

Watch tonight: Meet the New Yorkers raking in cash by reporting idling trucks

8X5mHvMMMhVK8xFv6MCpwDP8xifho4zzo7u-ZKmsibxJM4fyor0YUg7ykwFqAjjsIgcfMU0BG7SxPdDfDC2xim9Wz1tjmAQb-mClPtvYILyLwHZkq-i6O8vCLne7fkmqhhbhCtNZzOVNlchNBktliOBgmMiLmUu2R0A=s0-d-e1-ft
In December 2017, the New York City Council passed a law that allows a citizen to prepare and present evidence of idling trucks and buses to the Department of Environmental Protection — and get paid to do it.

We met with George Pakenham, who, along with 12 friends, snaps pics of idling trucks to submit to the state to try keep the city’s air clean. “I’ve submitted 120 times, and I got paid $9,000,” he told VICE News. “Cash in the bank.”

Aussie crow ha

anything you want yay!!!