Recipes...

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi,

Guys, I looooove to bake, well the basic kinds that is. Sometimes I bake cheesecakes, pies, muffins, etc. But, it seems like the ways I do them, there'll always be something wrong here and there.

I can get recipes easily enough on the internet, but it seems to be very hard to be precise and skillful in your baking technique...

Okay, here's my real question, I like to bake cheesecakes. I like the hard one, the soft one I believe is added with flour. But the one I did is dry and very hard. It's not like the one that I always bought from the expensive cafe. So, guys without using flour, how to make a pact cheesecake fluffy and rich in cheese and hard in the same time...I don't know if I ask it the right way though...

Thanks in advance...

http://www.baking911.com/cakes/cheesecake_problems.htm

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh yeah, another question, this is about lemon meringue pies...

The meringue, after baked, and cooled, will produce sugary oily kind of fluid on top of the pies...And the meringue is sticky, doesn't seem right...anyone knows how to deal with this?

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi,

Guys, I looooove to bake, well the basic kinds that is. Sometimes I bake cheesecakes, pies, muffins, etc. But, it seems like the ways I do them, there'll always be something wrong here and there.

I can get recipes easily enough on the internet, but it seems to be very hard to be precise and skillful in your baking technique...

Okay, here's my real question, I like to bake cheesecakes. I like the hard one, the soft one I believe is added with flour. But the one I did is dry and very hard. It's not like the one that I always bought from the expensive cafe. So, guys without using flour, how to make a pact cheesecake fluffy and rich in cheese and hard in the same time...I don't know if I ask it the right way though...

Thanks in advance...

Are you making cheesecake from cream cheese or something else? I've never used flour in my cream cheese cheesecakes. I do add a little cornstarch, but I'm talking about a teaspoon or two. If you're making the kind I make, then here's some things I do to make them come out nice.

First off, bake using the steam-bath method. To do this, you get some kind of larger pan into which you place the cheesecake pan and pour water in the outer pan, so the cheesecake bakes in the oven with an inch or two of water surrounding it. If you're using a spring-form pan for the cheesecake, you'll have to wrap aluminum foil under the bottom to prevent water from seeping into the crust. Put the larger pan with the water into the oven while it's preheating, and when your cheesecake batter is ready, place it in the water-filled pan in the oven. Make sure you don't put so much water in the larger pan that it overflows. Measure it before by leaving the empty cheesecake pan in and pouring the water around it.

Dry cracked cheesecake happens from leaving it in the oven too long. You need to take it out when the outer inch is just starting to set, and the rest of it is still very jiggly and liquid-looking. It will look like it's not done, but the cheesecake will continue to bake outside the oven from the heat within. My recipes generally call for an hour (give or take five minutes or so) and that's about what it takes. Leave the cheesecake out at room temperature, or, if you're afraid to move it, turn off the oven and leave the door open and leave it inside. Let it sit for at least an hour, until it has cooled to room temperature. Only then should you put it in the refrigerator to set for another eight hours or so.

Oh, and if all else fails and you have a cracked surface, an easy fix is to make a whipped sour-cream topping to spread over it. Tastes good, and covers the cracks. Find easy recipes for cheesecakes at Very Best Baking - NESTLE - Welcome.

:)

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The problem with your meringues is that you are cooling them too slowly and in too humid an atmosphere. Some believe that cream of tartar added to the meringue helps with this, but myself I have either come to accept this natural tendency of meringue (especially as a pie topping) to weep, or else dry in front of a fan or even with a blow dryer! Individual meringues dry quickly because they are cooled on a rack.

The recipe for meringues can also call for too much sugar, which means they brown too quickly and excess sugars can weep out as that syrup. If reducing the sugar is not an option, try using confectioners sugar in place of some of it. However the cornstarch in the confectioners sugar will make the meringue less fluffy.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The secret to meringue is a secret but what the hell...
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 table spoon sugar
1/2 cup water
Boil in a small pan and make a paste and cover to keep warm
4 large egg whites at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
Beat until soft peaks form, add 1/2 cup superfine sugar and beat until stiff and glossy, add the warm paste mixture and beat for another 30 seconds. I made a lemon meringue pie yesterday and it was 100% humidity.

Attachments

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I make my Lemon Meringue Pie off of the back of Argo Corn Starch container.

The Meringue comes out nice browned, and little beads of sticky sugar.
It's my familys all time favorite when I make one.

Good advice here. Cooking is fun and experimental. Gotta check your oven though.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i've never heard of using flour in a cheesecake. i usually follow the recipe from the philadelphia cream cheese box and voila! it comes out perfect! no cracks or anything.

as for lemon meringue pies, i have no clue how to bake one nor have i ever tried it.

i do have a special ingredient i use for my brownies. if you're making them from scratch or even out of the box, add one stick of melted butter into the batter and blend well. it's what makes the brownies moist and soft once they're fresh out of the oven.

also, if you want to make pot brownies, butter is an excellent ingredient to extract the smell. simmer the butter in a small skillet over the stove and add the pot. let it simmer and stir until the butter looks almost green. once that's done, drain the pot in a mesh strainer to separate the butter. add it into the batter and blend well before baking.

hunkydory

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sorry you live in Singapore, my bf used to cook all the time - cheesecake especially. Then he started freebasing and I threw him out. Be careful, cheesecake can be a gateway dessert.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i've never heard of using flour in a cheesecake. i usually follow the recipe from the philadelphia cream cheese box and voila! it comes out perfect! no cracks or anything.

as for lemon meringue pies, i have no clue how to bake one nor have i ever tried it.

i do have a special ingredient i use for my brownies. if you're making them from scratch or even out of the box, add one stick of melted butter into the batter and blend well. it's what makes the brownies moist and soft once they're fresh out of the oven.

also, if you want to make pot brownies, butter is an excellent ingredient to extract the smell. simmer the butter in a small skillet over the stove and add the pot. let it simmer and stir until the butter looks almost green. once that's done, drain the pot in a mesh strainer to separate the butter. add it into the batter and blend well before baking.
Oh I wish I had known you when I was baking that sort of brownie. After the unfortunate incident on the train from Italy to Switzerland I've been clean.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The secret to meringue is a secret but what the hell...
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 table spoon sugar
1/2 cup water
Boil in a small pan and make a paste and cover to keep warm
4 large egg whites at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
Beat until soft peaks form, add 1/2 cup superfine sugar and beat until stiff and glossy, add the warm paste mixture and beat for another 30 seconds. I made a lemon meringue pie yesterday and it was 100% humidity.

Your meringue looks soooo fine! I will definitely try that.

I thank you for the additional tips on brownies, I like to bake them too!

sorry you live in Singapore, my bf used to cook all the time - cheesecake especially. Then he started freebasing and I threw him out. Be careful, cheesecake can be a gateway dessert.

Who lives in Singapore? The one who freebases is your bf or the cheesecake?? Sorry but I can't get you...

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I forgot to say, bake in a 320 degree oven for 25 minutes for the meringue pie and cool on a rack for an hour and then refrigerate for up to three days.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I forgot to say, bake in a 320 degree oven for 25 minutes for the meringue pie and cool on a rack for an hour and then refrigerate for up to three days.

3 days???????????????

It wouldn't last 3 hours if I were around...