Sean o'donnell

ClassyMike

Mythical Member
Media
Yeah you never know. I do agree with him in that people have lives outside of social media but you know many people usually amp up or show the most "exciting" parts of their lives on social media and well as many who follow Sean know aside from when he's shirtless his social media is pretty boring. Same sunsets, food, furniture and the he's "tired" post every week.

So if his social media life is boring then his life outside of it must be like watching paint dry or grass grow.

Reactions: Jamesblake637

ClassyMike

Mythical Member
Media
Well I don't think any decent person would mock or make fun of Sean for having depression. Most here are just talking about his content as a social media influencer. Posting the same things day in and day out gets boring I'm sorry and if his depression is that bad that it affects his content poorly then he should take a step back and focus on getting the help he needs and come back when he's well enough to put out better stuff.

I mean that goes for any job/career. If your mental health begins to compromise your performance you should seek some sort of help.

kagenkegel

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

JackKnife

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I respect his decision to do this or whatever he wants — posting his face or not. It’s funny to me that he’s using the guise of harboring conversation about stuff he posts when he rarely even replies to comments on his posts. If he were actively engaging with his followers regularly sure, but from what I can tell he rarely does. Unless he’s just DMing people a lot?

whtaft

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What’s cringeworthy is some of his hashtags. While he was on Long Island during NY’s pandemic peak back in April, he was posting pictures of himself with stupid hashtag captions like #gq #quarantine #model #covid19 #fitness

Maybe it’s just me, but I find that his nonchalance in the current sociocultural climate illustrates his privileged arrogance. As an “influencer,” he has (or at least had) a platform to bring awareness to social issues that have consumed his generation, yet he squanders it with nonsense.

You’re a pretty face that may not age well therefore won’t last forever. If that’s what scares you then give yourself some purpose and utilize your platform for something useful instead of the shit you churn out.

And if you’re going to still post meaninglessness, go ahead and pop that shirt off.

tomhollandstitties

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Lol @ his response. Please enlighten us, Sean. What is this wild, stressful life you lead outside of social media then? Because at this point I can practically predict what his next IG story will be depending on the time of day.

I honestly feel bad for him. He is clearly somewhat depressed. Whether he doesn’t realize it or simply fails to address it is beyond me. I find it hard to believe he is truly happy sitting around in his apartment all day posting pictures of furniture, food, and sunsets. Just further proof that being attractive and having money doesn’t necessarily equate to happiness.

rtodbokb

Sexy Member
Media
We've now entered the "facial hair" phase of the depression cycle where one thinks progress will be made by actually doing less than before. Oops, its a trap!

Why now? Why now is he posting about too many face pics affecting his mental health, "criticism" that only he sees, and letting his facial hair grow? Sean is finally starting to realize that his following isn't what he always hoped it would be. Look at the commenters on his posts. They are spam bots and gay dudes. What young straight male in his 20's wants that? I don't think Sean envisioned this even a year ago. Gosh, a year ago he was still quasi-dependent on his mother on LI and had that as an excuse for his pervasive, debilitating self-handicapping. He no longer has that as an excuse; the veil has been pierced.

At this point, his repetitive posts appear to be some sort of troll on his bot, gay, critical viewership and he knows his ship is slowly sinking. He's just biding time so that he doesn't become famous for quitting Instagram. It's a toss up for him whether he wants to fade away or quit for good and expose himself to reputational risk. If he quits IG, that's the end of his LA career. He doesn't want to quit. He's painted himself into a corner with the content of his posts, but each day is like a slot machine for him - there's a .01% chance of being noticed for a gig or brand deal, and if he does the same thing over again all day after day after day after day those odds increase to 100%!

The worrisome part about this is, he's won those small payouts enough times that it's actually become an addiction to him. This is no different from a gambling addiction. We're lucky Sean doesn't do drugs or drink. He's extremely susceptible to damaging his own prospects just for a couple of good hits of dopamine and seratonin every few weeks when he gets a free package in the mail, legitimately thinking it's the start of an upward trajectory. We're watching this in real time, and it is so, so sad to witness.

Mockingbeat

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Meanwhile, can we appreciate someone who was probably his only one true friend in the business? A real content creator. Someone who actually has personality and reach. Like honestly JD and that ship is most likely the only reason Sean’s engagement peaked back in the day!! And he doesn’t even collaborate with him really.

Attachments