Sharing a shower at the gym, if the rest are being used

EddieAztek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What is wrong with sharing a shower at the gym, if the rest are being used and you don't feel like waiting? Why the :confused: management saying we can't do this?

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I guess they are just worried about 'other stuff' that might happen when two guys share a shower. Lord knows that two blokes, gay or straight mind, can share the same shower cubicle and NOT have anything happen and just be to wash themselves and maybe help the other dude out if inclined, but as for banning it completely...... I think it is just overboard and stupid.

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
Wait your turn. It's not like it's going to be an hour. Stand
there and wait like everyone else. And if you don't have time,
cut your workout by ten minutes and get in line earlier.
Wait your turn.

EddieAztek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, would it be that you are a man and the shower you are sharing would be over in the women's locker room?:smile:

Good :biggrin1: idea man.

I'm not very impatient, but sometimes I think the guys at my gym are showing off in these showers too much. You see me standing there, waiting to get my shower, does it take 10 minutes in there? These guys are flexing like they in a movie, rubbing themselves, and there's a line waiting to use the damn shower, but the staffer says nothing. The assistant mgr was very respectful about telling me, but he said to me you can't do that here--share the shower with your buddy.

I know this guy I'm working out with, he's like my own family, but the assistant mgr still say you got to wait your turn. What can you do?

G.man

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
how the hell does the assstant manager know what's going on? did people report the two of you in the shower? Surely if people saw, they'd have seen that nothing was happening

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is tempting sometimes to jump right in the shower with someone else if only to save time because as another poster mentioned sometimes there are some guys who take f-o-r-e-v-e-r in there. I like to shower just as much as the next guy but c'mon if you see a line hurry it up guys.
Waiting for showers is yet another reason why I just go straight home after my work out and shower there.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What is wrong with sharing a shower at the gym, if the rest are being used and you don't feel like waiting? Why the :confused: management saying we can't do this?

Umm...because they're assholes?

The gym I go to has a big shower room, rather than cubicles. So if I'm in a super rush, all the nozzles are taken, and if I know some guy standing at one of them, I have no problem walking up and asking if I can share it with him. I've never been refused.

At the same time, I'm not grabbing and gawking -- well, no more than I normally do!

It's pretty rare for them all to be in use. I think it's happened twice in a year, and I go 4x/wk.

diego

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's because the touching between the guys. Two naked guys in a small cubicles of course there'll be touching, even accidental. And there are touching each other, people'll imagine what can happen next.

EddieAztek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This crazy! If my man follow me into the shower after a game, am I going to tell him to read the paper? It would be insulting him and I couldn't do it. I'm not a princess. :rolleyes: Sometimes we in the shower and my sister brushing her hair and we all in the same bathroom! Its nothing.

I don't understand if it is sharing this showers in public or two men in a shower that is making people so crazy here.

EddieAztek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We don't do that at the gym any more, but at home we don't care. It's just water and soap! Nobody smiling and staring. I'm still trying to understand what is the problem, two men sharing a shower or sharing in a public place that makes the issue here. Its stupid, but we obeying the gym's rules now because it is a good gym.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Personal space... people like to utilize it. I agree, I don't think people should share showers just for the sake of other people around who might not want to be exposed to that, or are uncomfortable about it.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's because the touching between the guys. Two naked guys in a small cubicles of course there'll be touching, even accidental. And there are touching each other, people'll imagine what can happen next.

We don't do that at the gym any more, but at home we don't care. It's just water and soap! Nobody smiling and staring. I'm still trying to understand what is the problem, two men sharing a shower or sharing in a public place that makes the issue here. Its stupid, but we obeying the gym's rules now because it is a good gym.

The problem is, ironically, the drive for more private spaces in the locker room.

When all the showers were just big open spaces with nozzles everywhere, everyone pretty much just showered and washed off. No big deal. It's even very easy to share a shower head in those kinds of places because there's plenty of room for one guy to step to the side & lather up while the other rinses off.

Eventually, more people wanted more privacy, whether they're ashamed of their bodies or don't want to be ogled.

So, what do we end up with? Private, separate cubicles that practically invite hanky-panky once the curtain's closed.

The ironic part, of course, is that they started building cubicles to prevent exactly what they can enable.

(btw; if it's truly private, and it's not busy, I'll probably wind up getting myself off... but if it's a big room instead, there's no way I'd do that.. LOL)

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BTW --

They don't have partitions or cubicles in boot camp showers, and they can zing forty recruits through there in maybe five minutes. It really doesn't take long at all to get cleaned up.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I think it's cultural, too -- a combination of a shameful physical self-image and homophobia.

I also meant to post earlier that, while a locker room is a public space, separate shower cubicles -- especially with a door or curtain -- are very private in comparison. The management just doesn't want anything funny going on, so they decided on a blanket rule to now allow sharing showers (easier to enforce, too, since the attendant wouldn't have to make judgment calls right there & then).

About the guys taking ten minutes in there --

What they need is a drill instructor to take charge. "Soap up your armpits right now! 10, 9, 8, 7,6,54321 STOP! Rinse them off right now! 10,9,8,..." etc etc.. Bingo, fully showered in less than two minutes.