Signs That Let You Know You're Gettin' Old

D

deleted136887

Glasses.
gray hair.
invisibility to young(that's a relative term....under 30's) ladies @ parties and pubs...
Being called "uncle"
being asked for advice, or "what was it like in the seventies?(uncle) "
remembering all the wide-open beaches that is now under concrete architect-designed monstrosities and fucked up.
being pissed off with everyone allmost all the time.

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
Grey hair. Worry line between my eyebrow starting to become permanent. Breasts not as the same as it was when I was 20. Cellulite.

I find myself saying "When I was your age..." or saying "Gosh I feel so old now."

Some days, when I sit down, I say I don't want to get back up.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
  • Sales people have started to call me maam! :yikes:
  • I'm too old to fuck college guys. :irked: :confused22:
  • People no longer ask what college I go to, but how many grandchildren I have. :261: I so totally hate the south. :irked:

When you're putting new tin on the roof and you slip, then slide down, and crash onto the ground. It's right then you realize that you don't bounce as well as you used to.
You are no Tigger.

I used to wear high heels all day long and then go out at night and I'd be fine. Now I wear them for an hour and my feet ache. I still wear 'em though :)
Same here. they make my legs look even more fabulous

]When friends kids that used to sit on your lap and fall asleep now have kids in high school.[/B]
Or worse they get married before you do! :cry:

When you run into friends from the past and they look like old people.
That's on them. :tongue: I refuse to age and look crappy I don't care what my birth certificate says.
Looking over the top of your eyewear so you can read, and you wear progressive
.Shit, you saw me doing that at CVS didn't you?

You start sentences out with "When I was a kid".[/QUOTE]

Grey hair in my beard, takes longs to recover from workouts, takes longer to wake up, and the most important one: my "give a damn" is busted and I just do not care enough to get it fixed.
I am less tolerant of things and tune it out.

My 'give a damn broke' when I turned 30. I could have had it fixed but Nordstrom's was having a sale and that money seemed better spent in their shoe department. :biggrin1:

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Other people's music is too loud and your own is never loud enough.

You pick a decent wine rather than the cheapest with the highest alcohol content.

Instead of, "I'm never going to drink that much again," you say, "I can't drink like I used to."

You actually use a wine bottle stopper rather than finish the bottle. (See above.)

People come to you with their problems and ask for your advice.

You spend half the morning looking for your glasses and then find them perched on your head.

You're absolutely knackered at the end of the day, but you haven't actually achieved anything because you've seen something else you'd better do first, so you put down what you were doing and start that instead, and then... Sod it. See here: Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
LOL
That I can sympathise with! You see all these youngsters making the same mistakes you yourself made and want to save them the hassle.

What's worse is, I remember people doing that with me when I was in my teens and 20s.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Adults address you as "sir."
Dave

Yeah, or when people start calling you "Mister." For a long time every time every time someone called me Mister. I looked around to see if my old man had somehow showed up and was standing behind me, or if someone called on the phone and asked for "Mister Johnson" I would say "he is not here" thinking they were trying to reach my dad. LOL

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All of your friends died of old age
Aww, that's sad. :frown1:

True, I might not be a Tigger any more.
But the TIGER in me isn't gone yet!! :biggrin1:
:naughty: Prove it. :wink:

actually in my case it's:
giving my advice without anybody asking for it
That's a sign of being gay and fabulous not old. :cool:

I look at my teeth in a glass when i am giving blow jobs.
:yikes:

...when you think you have a brain tumor and the doctor gives you a prescription for progressive lenses....
Thats not a sign of old age you're just a hypochondriac. :tongue: