So what pisses you off?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
6000 plus pedestrians killed in the US alone last year,many associated with similar apparently

Pedestrians with their faces buried in electronic devices. I just watched a woman walk across a busy parking lot without looking up even once

THE NEW
Hostile Planet
Hosted by Bear Grylls, the six-part series draws attention to the most extraordinary - almost supernatural - accounts of animals that have adapted to the cruelest evolutionary curveballs. Hostile Planet premieres Monday, April 1 at 9/8c on National Geographic.
WATCH TRAILER

I’m upset at how I’m understanding of where ignorance comes from and am almost emphatic about it at times.
I met my grandparents-in-law last week for the first time, and as sweet as they were to me and my husband for introducing ourselves as a queer couple, the whole trip I was constantly reminded of how separated they are from “liberal” society. The live in South Carolina, and one of the first things that was discussed was how they just found out that it’s not correct to call Native Americans “Indians” anymore (which even THAT is now incorrect, they are the First Nations). It was a struggle for me because, here I was, an outlier in this separate universe that, where ever we went, I was the only not-white person in view at all times, and I had to think is it my time to speak up?

As awful as it sounds, they’re super old, and they were making jokes about dying soon, so was it really my place to challenge their mindsets when ultimately, I might never see them again, and they’ll most likely never experience a person who does not match their life experiences and mentality??

I had a lot of thoughts about my inaction, and I don’t know if anyone has any thoughts about this or has experienced similar scenarios.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Having two remotes and consistently losing the one I want.

Oh, first world problems!

Reactions: lms28

People smoking in non-smoking areas. The apartment complex I'm in is completely non-smoking, but the asshole downstairs neighbor smokes on their balcony. So I get inconvenienced, having to shut the entire apartment up/don't get to enjoy fresh air, because of their tobacco habit. :mad::emoji_middle_finger::emoji_middle_finger::mad:

jacenx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People smoking in non-smoking areas. The apartment complex I'm in is completely non-smoking, but the asshole downstairs neighbor smokes on their balcony. So I get inconvenienced, having to shut the entire apartment up/don't get to enjoy fresh air, because of their tobacco habit. :mad::emoji_middle_finger::emoji_middle_finger::mad:

I agree. people smoking on the streets in the central district are even worse when you walk to your job

Reactions: lms28 and 693987
D

deleted924715

Netflix. Yes, I’m still watching. I just can’t find the remote, you inquisitive bitch!

Aarrrrgh! That always happens to me when I am all comfy and snuggled... And I spy the remote over on the fireplace.

Cue argument over who got up last and if it counts if the reason you got up was to go to the loo :joy:

Reactions: lms28

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Aarrrrgh! That always happens to me when I am all comfy and snuggled... And I spy the remote over on the fireplace.

Cue argument over who got up last and if it counts if the reason you got up was to go to the loo :joy:
Me, too. Only I’m alone and lord knows where I put the stupid remote. Could be on the dresser, the foot of the bed, on the floor, but guaranteed I’m all nestled and in the PERFECT position. I just want to binge without moving!

Pedestrians with their faces buried in electronic devices. I just watched a woman walk across a busy parking lot without looking up even once

I am known to occasionally walk with my phone but also books. And I glance around/stop looking at em while crossing roads and the like :eyes: