"So why are you here then?"

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't see how you could use ASL in chat, though. :biggrin1:
Then why do they send "ASL?"?

Duh. Yes. I know. It means agesexlocation. I suppose another smart-ass response would be perfect/wheneverpossible/anywhere. I like the American Sign Language smartass comment better, though, because I actually do know a bit.:biggrin1:

lacuna22

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Back up here a minute, big boy. The statement I made, if you'd bothered to read the whole post and the rest of the thread, was that asking me in terms of a friendly conversation is fine, and welcomed. Asking in a snide way because I won't cam with you or because you have some issue with my participation here is what I'm talking about.

I don't think you can honestly distill this down to the fact that I (and all the other women that chimed in) are just "bitchy women." Of course, using your logic, you should stop being bitter about the bitchy, nagging nature of women that's been a truism as long as man and woman have existed.

This argument about the "predatory nature" of men is a straw man. I'm not going to get into that argument with you because I don't necessarily believe that it's true anyway. This has nothing to do with some inborn instinctual drive, it is about basic cilvility, politeness, and respect for others. As human beings we are able to control our drives for some greater good-- in this case, a good community atmosphere.

What I'm talking about has little to do with this predatory drive and more to do with people acting like assholes. Not every incident of this had been from men wanting to cyber. I'm talking specifically about people asking the question rhetorically because for some reason the facts that I'm married, monogamous, and not a size queen and participate here offends their sensibilities.None of these reasons give anyone a right to act like a fucktard.:

well, i did read your whole post, and i'm not sure you read my full response. i wholeheartedly agreed that there's no reason to be snide or confrontational about your reasons for being here. but you took issue with the question at all. and i do think that's sorta ridiculous on a site like this - to suggest something can't be asked. but again, i agreed that civility is a mandate. that doesn't negate the inherently predatory nature of humans in general, but mostly men, when it comes to sex.

and yes, i do think men on this site seize the opportunity to pander to the women here when they bitch about things. whether the bitching's warranted or not, i just get a little queasy at how quickly some men will, at least it seems to me, offer empathy without a point of view.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So Lacuna - PM me to chat about that big cock you got.

Don't want to? Then what are you doing on LPSG? ;>

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe the men on this site pander to the women here because some of them have a clue what a hard time we can get on here from some guys, and perhaps they realise how few real women are on here so want to keep us here? Anyway, one man's pandering is another man's being polite.

exlinebacker46

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i have to add that i joined out of curiosity but have found everyone welcoming to the main,

i think its great that real women also use this site and obviously there is a lot of mindless idiots here too but hopefully will not put off the nice people here that just wish to chat make friends and read the posts and give there humble opinions,

i have a great relationship and am 100% happy with that so im here just to make freinds and have a giggle and if my words of infinate wisdom ( LOL ) can help anyone or make a difference then all the better.

and to add if all these monster cocked blokes were that confident and that good lmao ( which i doubt ) then why are they here trying to get laid surely they would have peeps knocking on there door day and night needing some of there perfection lol

jjsuperbird

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for the original post Snoozan.

You have begun a very interesting discussion.

I too am a happily married monogamous heterosexual. I joined this site because I like writing erotic fiction and like getting feedback from readers.

I'm not trolling to hook up with another LPSG member. I don't have a web cam.

I will say that I have played along with on line flirting and role playing in the chat room on occassion, but as soon as it gets weird or somebody gets into a zone I think is disrespectful to a fellow human being I simply shut it down.

Unfortunately, like walking into a bar or any other public meeting place, you don't know what type of individual you are going to meet or what situations you might find yourself in...

I think those of us who have certain personal 'boundries' or rules of engagement need to be vigilant and keep the quality of this site fun and friendly for everyone.

On the whole I believe the moderators do a great job keeping the site within acceptable bounds. The challenge you raise in your original post is private messages. Those can only be policed by the individual that receives them.

I guess, because I'm a middle age guy, with a picture of a rooster for my avatar:biggrin1:, I don't get as many private messages as the good looking women on this site. I can only imagine some of the shit you must put up with.

I'm sorry there are so many jerks in the world. Unfortunately, in cyber chat you don't have the benefit of some of those physical cues or social signals you can rely upon in meeting someone face to face at a party or in a bar. I guess we still have a lot to learn about this type of cyber communication between humans.

(heavy stuff ... sorry to get philosophical)

I like LPSG and encourage all of us to keep it open and acceptable for everyone... we have a collective responsiblity to make it fun and friendly and safe for all to enjoy

(que the music...)

So to answer your question: I'm here because I like writing fictitious stories and welcome feedback on my writing. If anyone has any comments on my erotic fiction (posted in the fictitious stories section)... I would welcome a private message :smile:

Have fun!

JJ

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good topic snoozan.

As to why I am at any particular site, I am hard pressed to say. I show up intially at a site (often by accident) and then return for any number of reasons. I come back to LPSG at times as a place of refuge, at times as a spot for some laughs, at times just to read the stories (real and also the ones in the fiction area) at times just out of habit, and at times with a legitimate concern about the penis. The reason is always changing. My main reason for being here, is that there is, even at the worst times of this board, a feeling of community. People are here for each other and that just makes me feel happier when I arrive here--it shows that the support part of the site name goes beyond just large penis support, it also extends to personal day to day matters--

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It pisses me off too, it always seems to be women who are asked this question, if you're a guy it's perfectly normal and acceptable for you to be on a site like this, if you're a woman there are a few guys who think to question your motives. Whether we're married or single we're adults and no one has a right to question why we're here. Women on a sex site are just like anyone here, we're here to chat, to look at photos, to read and comment on the forums, to generally enjoy our leisure time in a way we chose.

well said! I completely agree. I came for information, doesn't matter what kind. I stayed here because I have met some wonderful people. I get this question often and it annoys me too. I didn't come here either to look for a hook up or anything other than info. I find this site a great source of info on many topics.