Southland

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yes there have been people more irrelevant than Jay Leno, so much so, in fact, that he was the number one show on late night when he occupied that space...

ratings do not = relevance or talent

nobody's watching him at 10pm, his success in late night was strictly due to viewers who were trained to tune in like robots for johnny carson, and didn't have enough ambition to look for anything other than what was shoved in front of them.

letterman has always been better, letting him go was another bonehead move by NBC.

iw18

Superior Member
Media

nobody's watching him at 10pm, his success in late night was strictly due to viewers who were trained to tune in like robots for johnny carson, and didn't have enough ambition to look for anything other than what was shoved in front of them.

letterman has always been better, letting him go was another bonehead move by NBC.

Agreed. Ratings do no equal talent, but that's what relevance is all about... But who cares about that, why the hell was Southland canceled?

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
i actually like the subtle way they let it unfold. an arm on the shoulder, grabbin his beer and drinking off the bottle, just the way they looked at each other. it all felt pretty real and normal.

just two average guys who happen to be gay, like the silent majority of gay men out there, not making a scene but just going about their lives. I can identify with characters like that,

that abc show Modern Family has the most offensively gay stereotyped couple on it that i've ever seen. why do networks always use the gay characters like idiot clowns? when will we as a society have the balls to view that kind of depiction the same way we view the way racist blackface minstrels were portrayed.

Love ya Thad, you know that I'm right there with ya!:smile:

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I can't say i'm suprised nbc is in the process of committing suicide. They've bailed on every show that had any substance. "friday night lights" . instead we get 14 versions of "the office" style mockumentary crap. "community", "parks & rec", etc.

and jay leno is kryptonite, is there a person on the planet less relevant than that douchebag? he's never been funny, clever, or entertaining in his entire life, a tree stump would be a higher life form.

Letterman should do a segment called: "things more fun than watching jay leno"

the "driving into a tree" thing he had on last night for sarah palin would make a good #1

well at any rate i hope the last 6 ep's of southland make it on a dvd somewhere someday.
:wtf2::wtf2::wtf2::wtf2::wtf2:

:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

Sons 'a bitches!

Watch the new season episode and comment below it before they take it down, probably when the programmer gets in on Monday. There are 4 pages there so far:
http://www.nbc.com/southland/video/clips/preview-season-premiere/1163647/

I am not a violent man but here's what I'd like to do to Leno
:rocketwhore:

to Leno's lame sidekick:bluboomteamenforcer

To NBC:BoomSmilie_anim:

There is only 2 ways to deal with this:
Flood them with email
Don't watch Heroes

Hell, even Leno criticizes their own programming. I predict he won't last. As soon as he runs out of "name" guests, he's done. No amount of gimmick race track driving will help. Except for the 10 for 10 bit, lame in itself because you know it is all scripted, its the same old crap he had on the tonight show. He does put more energy into his show than Letterman but now that Leno is gone, the tonight show will bomb with what's his face. That dude has not a funny bone in his bod. The writers and skits ALL suck. Letterman will be comedy king now, especially since Letterman "created" a scandal. It is reported (on wiki?) that Johnny Carson actually wanted Letterman to take his place when he retired but NBC overruled him. Letterman still has some of the Carson adlib "moves" but when you look at Leno, it is all scripted. He never goes with the flow of his guest's conversations like Letterman does. And what's with all that high 5 crap at the beginning other than a huge waste of time?
As far as Southland, NBC is chicken shit, pure, plain and simple. They're sacrificing their few winners for the same old crap.
Good night everybody!
:mad:

Last edited:

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Absolutely! It's all about profits, not quality. Leno costs a hell of a lot less to produce.

Southland must have been cancelled by same idiot exec (if s/he is still employed) who said "Letterman ain't goin' nowhere" and "I have a great idea for Today, let's replace Jane Pauley with Deborah Norville."

Some pics of Ben McKenzie from this summer's filming which won't be aired...how sad.

Attachments

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Absolutely! It's all about profits, not quality. Leno costs a hell of a lot less to produce.

Southland must have been cancelled by same idiot exec (if s/he is still employed) who said "Letterman ain't goin' nowhere" and "I have a great idea for Today, let's replace Jane Pauley with Deborah Norville."

Some pics of Ben McKenzie from this summer's filming which won't be aired...how sad.

I wonder whose body that fake belongs to.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I wonder whose body that fake belongs to.

i dunno, but it's pretty good, and uc.

if ben's head had been put on at a better angle i might almost believe it. it looks plausible, ben's not super hairy either.

is ben related to spuds?

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Leno on at 10 is as much a waste as networks that have there late night news at 10. Southland was one show I was really looking forward to seeing again and not just because of McKenzie. Does anyone know if The Unusuals is coming back. I can't believe 9 o'clock is to early to show Southland. Shit look what fox shows with Bones or Fringe.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
look what fox shows with Bones or Fringe.

bones or fringe?

what about all the shit seth mcfarlane gets away with on family guy, and american dad? those shows are hilariously sick twisted and lewd, and they start as early as 8 sometimes, with a horny foul mouthed baby, and a bisexual alien.

it's like the fox censors are so fucking stupid that they think just because it's a cartoon, it must be for kids, so they don't even look at it.

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't mind Leno being on at 10pm five nights a week because I really dislike crime drama. I'm actually considering watching that new CSI show because I have such a deep-rooted crush on Chris O'Donnell, but I'm betting I won't make it thru one episode before I lose interest.

Actually, I'd be happy if The Amazing Race were on every channel 24/7.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Leno on at 10 is as much a waste as networks that have there late night news at 10. Southland was one show I was really looking forward to seeing again and not just because of McKenzie. Does anyone know if The Unusuals is coming back. I can't believe 9 o'clock is to early to show Southland. Shit look what fox shows with Bones or Fringe.

Leno (& Southland would have been) on at 9 Central and Mountain, here in AZ.
Haven't seen Bones but Fringe and Warehouse 13 with my hunk bf are like X-Files clones. I love 'em! :smile:

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
:wtf2::wtf2::wtf2::wtf2::wtf2:

Sons 'a bitches!

Watch the new season episode and comment below it before they take it down, probably when the programmer gets in on Monday. There are 4 pages there so far:
Southland - Preview: Season Premiere - Video - NBC.com

I am not a violent man but here's what I'd like to do to Leno
:rocketwhore:

to Leno's lame sidekick:bluboomteamenforcer

To NBC:BoomSmilie_anim:

There is only 2 ways to deal with this:
Flood them with email
Don't watch Heroes

Hell, even Leno criticizes their own programming. I predict he won't last. As soon as he runs out of "name" guests, he's done. No amount of gimmick race track driving will help. Except for the 10 for 10 bit, lame in itself because you know it is all scripted, its the same old crap he had on the tonight show. He does put more energy into his show than Letterman but now that Leno is gone, the tonight show will bomb with what's his face. That dude has not a funny bone in his bod. The writers and skits ALL suck. Letterman will be comedy king now, especially since Letterman "created" a scandal. It is reported (on wiki?) that Johnny Carson actually wanted Letterman to take his place when he retired but NBC overruled him. Letterman still has some of the Carson adlib "moves" but when you look at Leno, it is all scripted. He never goes with the flow of his guest's conversations like Letterman does. And what's with all that high 5 crap at the beginning other than a huge waste of time?
As far as Southland, NBC is chicken shit, pure, plain and simple. They're sacrificing their few winners for the same old crap.
Good night everybody!
:mad:

Come on people, you need to get on here and voice your opinion:
Southland - Preview: Season Premiere - Video - NBC.com
Only 5 pages of comments sux!

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Leno (& Southland would have been) on at 9 Central and Mountain, here in AZ.
Haven't seen Bones but Fringe and Warehouse 13 with my hunk bf are like X-Files clones. I love 'em! :smile:
I dont' like the female leads on bones or fringe.

josh and david are both hot but josh is a more interesting guy to me

DB is always a little dull, i think he is in real life too.

JJ needs more scenes in fringe, and more scenes in underwear too.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I dont' like the female leads on bones or fringe.

josh and david are both hot but josh is a more interesting guy to me

DB is always a little dull, i think he is in real life too.

JJ needs more scenes in fringe, and more scenes in underwear too.

Yes, Joshua Jackson is HOT but ever since I saw the 1st episode teaser of Eddie McClintock shirtless :tongue: I have not missed an episode. He's hot, strong (hunky), and his character has a great sense of humor.

There are females on these shows? :rolleyes:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
New story line Sweets falls in love with Sully and while they are making hot wild love the blond intern walks in on then and asks if he can join in. Then Bones and the Boss lady come in the room and start discussing the ramifications of co-worker romance.