Stepping Down as Moderator

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
All good things come to an end.

Yesterday the administrative team by unanimous vote sent me an e-mail asking me to step down as moderator.

Let me be clear that no accusations of wrong doing on my part or single issue differences on the mod board was given the reason, nor implied. I had no clue that my departure was being discussed. I was looking forward to serving more as I get a new computer today to replace this machine which I have already had to restart this as the computer crashed AGAIN.

I was told several things, but the closing phrase was that the lpsg would be better served if I stepped down as a moderator and became a member.

I appreciate very much the high compliments that were given to me on my stepping down thread from both moderators and administrators; Some were almost verbatim what was written to me in the past by the same people so I know that the compliments were meant.

I am very proud of several things that were accomplished while I served as a moderator:

1. The LPSG became a kinder and more gentle group.
2. The action log for the members became a reality. It isn't perfect but then no system can be with humans running it.
3. Permanent bans became bans that could be lifted. That is what I am most proud. A permanent ban lasting 30 years is a bit much for most infractions.

I was and am always a stickler for due process when needed. Of course obvious underage and commercial spam are not really items needed to be discussed. They are against the ToS and there is no way to argue that that the violation is somehow different as in, "We will let this one 17 year old stay as a member."

I am very appreciative of the many friends I made while on the mod board. I was one of the original moderators when Rob E set up the moderating system. Pecker is now the only one left from that era. Though we still have two from the second generation of mods still on the team.

We now have only five mods and two administrators left on the moderating team. Quite a drop from fifteen we had a year ago. Hopefully some new people will be willing to serve as the present group is quite small to moderate the board.

Thanks so much to you the members for the huge respect you gave me. I never made a real enemy here as far as I know and would be horrified to think that I did.

Hopefully you the members will accept me back into the fold as a regular member

This whole ordeal of the last two days has been extremely emotionally for me. Had I had a clue that I was wanted gone from the mod board, it would have made it easier. As it is, I was given no clue. No argument with anyone on the board. A complete surprise for me.

Please support the moderators as they attempt to moderate the board. I've learned to love each and every one of them.

Please keep me in your prayers. I will need them for a while.

I LOVE EACH OF YOU!
YOU ARE FAMILY TO ME!

Freddie53
Former Moderator
at some point today.

I'm sorry to hear of this Freddie. I've always found you honest and fair. Your term as a mod has been great and I think you've served with distinction. As to becoming a regular member, I've never thought of you as anything else. You have never interacted here solely as a moderator and that's a good thing.

Hope you enjoy your new computer and look forward to hearing more from you.

Media
I am saddened to read that this happened. You will be sorely missed.

I need to thank you for all that you have done for me both as a member and non-member. Your discretion and fairness could always be relied upon whether with me or any other member. You have always represented the site as a moderator in a positive and professional way. You are a role model to many in how you interact with the membership. Most importantly, you can be trusted.

You are the last and best of a previous tenure of mods. The site is changing. I know you have had personal challenges in your life. Perhaps, for you, this will be a good thing.

Thank you for all you have done for this site, and thank you for all you have done for me.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Yesterday the administrative team by unanimous vote sent me an e-mail asking me to step down as moderator.

Let me be clear that no accusations of wrong doing on my part or single issue differences on the mod board was given the reason, nor implied. I had no clue that my departure was being discussed. I was looking forward to serving more as I get a new computer today to replace this machine which I have already had to restart this as the computer crashed AGAIN.

I was told several things, but the closing phrase was that the lpsg would be better served if I stepped down as a moderator and became a member.

I appreciate very much the high compliments that were given to me on my stepping down thread from both moderators and administrators; Some were almost verbatim what was written to me in the past by the same people so I know that the compliments were meant.

I am very proud of several things that were accomplished while I served as a moderator:

1. The LPSG became a kinder and more gentle group.
2. The action log for the members became a reality. It isn't perfect but then no system can be with humans running it.
3. Permanent bans became bans that could be lifted. That is what I am most proud. A permanent ban lasting 30 years is a bit much for most infractions.

I was and am always a stickler for due process when needed. Of course obvious underage and commercial spam are not really items needed to be discussed. They are against the ToS and there is no way to argue that that the violation is somehow different as in, "We will let this one 17 year old stay as a member."

I am very appreciative of the many friends I made while on the mod board. I was one of the original moderators when Rob E set up the moderating system. Pecker is now the only one left from that era. Though we still have two from the second generation of mods still on the team.

We now have only five mods and two administrators left on the moderating team. Quite a drop from fifteen we had a year ago. Hopefully some new people will be willing to serve as the present group is quite small to moderate the board.

Thanks so much to you the members for the huge respect you gave me. I never made a real enemy here as far as I know and would be horrified to think that I did.

Hopefully you the members will accept me back into the fold as a regular member

This whole ordeal of the last two days has been extremely emotionally for me. Had I had a clue that I was wanted gone from the mod board, it would have made it easier. As it is, I was given no clue. No argument with anyone on the board. A complete surprise for me.

Please support the moderators as they attempt to moderate the board. I've learned to love each and every one of them.

Please keep me in your prayers. I will need them for a while.

I LOVE EACH OF YOU!
YOU ARE FAMILY TO ME!

Freddie53
Former Moderator
at some point today.

THANK YOU Freddie!!! JEEZUS I Ca'nt type

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, I am shocked! But I guess I shouldn't be as I have seen the moderation tide and tone change a few times during my brief membership.

I'm glad you will be staying on as a member but will miss your level-headed contributions, fairness, and sensibilities as a moderator.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah, come join the commoners.

We may not smell as nice but we have much better sex!

ps; I think you are being way too gracious btw.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
One can never be too gracious, and Freddie you are a class act. Glad to hear you are sticking around.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. You will be missed as a Mod. You were very helpful to me when I was having a hard time here. It's sad that some other person in need will not have you in their corner as they try to find their way here.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Let me be clear that no accusations of wrong doing on my part or single issue differences on the mod board was given the reason, nor implied. I had no clue that my departure was being discussed.

Yes Freddie - You are being most gracious.
Regular member? Join the party. I would only have objection if you indicated you were not staying.

I can understand the difficulty of dealing with being treated in such a way.

All I can think of is coming home and your spouse isn't there but there is a letter:

"Dear Freddie,

You have been faithful kind and loving and I have no problems with you.
But it is time for us to part our ways.

I think you are great and can only heap the highest praise on you so do not take this divorce personally.

The kids are in 100% agreement with me on this.

Please move out today before I get back.

I love you"

And I guess since precedent has been set - any moderator may be voted off the island without warning by the tribe.

Your replacement has been warned.

Last edited:

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Aww Freddie,

I'm just geting active again and was really happy to see that you were still a mod when I returned. But heck, being a mod of a board this size is not easy and at some times fun, experience here.

But hey, you get to loosen up a bit now. Have the fun without the worries.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thank you for your service here at LPSG.org as moderator. I think that you did a marvelous job, Freddie. I know how you feel though. That is the part of success I don't really like at all.
Someone coming along and taking it away. But I think that being a member is a lot freer than being a Moderator.

Welcome back to the fold.
Invisi.