Stop Bitching About Circumcision

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by AngelKOF, Nov 24, 2009.

1. AngelKOF

AngelKOF New Member

So I don't know about the rest of you, but I personally am sick of all the people on here who will take ANY opportunity to rant and rave and bitch about how wrong circumcision is. You can have a normal thread talking about something almost entirely unrelated, but if there's a mention of whether the cock involved is cut or uncut, they will immediately jump in with the typical rant about how they were "violated as a child, having something so wrongfully taken from them, nobody should EVER be circumcised, blah blah blah"
    It's that last part that particularly bugs me. If you feel so violated and can't appreciate that your parents were looking out for you well-being, then so be it. But don't rant on for pages about it telling other people how wrong it is and that they shouldn't have it done to their kids.
    Fact of the matter is that cut cocks ARE easier to keep clean. Doesn't mean uncut cocks are dirty, I actually really like uncut cocks and enjoy having a boyfriend who is uncut. And while it's all well and easy for us to sit around as ADULTS and say we can clean our dicks perfectly well, the same can't be said for a CHILD, especially because the foreskin often cannot retract fully until puberty. For THAT reason, (and religious reasons obviously in some cases) parents choose to have their children circumcised.
    Anyone have anything to add to this? Other reasons offered for circumcision and how valid they are? I fully expect some flames for this, but let's TRY to keep it civil, because I WOULD like to hear some calm and well-reasoned responsed from uncut guys, being cut myself.

2. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Here is one calm post.
    Being circumcised does not make it any easier to keep clean than an uncut cock.
    I know many parents of children who have NO problem
    retracting their child's foreskin to clean it.
    That is another fallacy to the two you've posted so far.
    C.B.:saevil:

3. duke-

duke- Member

The part about children not being able to be clean I donĀ“t get.

When it comes to children I think that the only relevant sign of that a boys penis aint clean enough if he gets repeated infections or has other significant medical problems.

And when it comes to your claim that the forskin cannot be retracted until puberty, what is your source for that?

4. AngelKOF

AngelKOF New Member

While some parents may find their children have no problem, there are just as many who do. On the one hand, i think it would be wise to wait to see if your child is one who will have problems, but on the other that means you may have to subject the child to "surgery" at a later age when he is actually able to be scared and remember, as apposed to right after birth when they'll never remember. Its a tough call for sure, I'm not yet sure what I'd decide if I became a parent, altho being gay its likely I'd adopt and the decision would have already been made before I enter the picture.

As to the puberty comment, I don't have a specific source, it's just somewhat common knowledge that some boys cannot retract their foreskins FULLY until puberty. It's not a universal occurrence, but if that is the case, it does make cleaning a more difficult task that you can't always depend on a CHILD to perform regularly and with the required diligence. Like i said, as adults its all well and good for us to say we can clean our cocks perfectly well, cut or uncut, but the same can't be said for a child's hygienic habits.

On another note, I'm curious about why people may feel its neccessary to go to such great lengths to bash circumcision. I understand they're against it and in some cases feel personally wronged, but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about when i refer to the more "fanatical" ones who just come outa the blue and are actually very rude and condescending to people who aren't even to "blame" so-to-speak.

#4 AngelKOF, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  5. agnslz

Gold Member

Stop bitching about foreskin.

6. AngelKOF

AngelKOF New Member

Not sure i follow, but I assume you mean that i'm just as bitchy as the people I'm referring to?
    I'm not bitching about foreskins the same way these people bitch about how circumcision is "mutilation" and whatnot. I am however recognizing that having a foreskin CAN present "inconveniences" that can be overcome, but are harder to overcome for certain children than others.
    You'll notice that in my first post, i comment on the fact that my boyfriend is uncut and I have no problem with it, in fact I like it.

7. tasteslikejellyjam

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm just sick of seeing the same thread that only spawns more bastard progeny of the same topic over & over...
    can't we all just get along??
    Peace in the middle Peni!

8. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

An uncut cock is just as easy to keep clean as a cut one - unless you're a dirty filthy pig, and if you were a dirty filthy pig whether you were cut or intact your cock would still be dirty. Teaching kids to wash themselves isn't rocket science, the foreskin doesn't retract when they're little so there's not even any need for special attention to a little boys penis before he's able to grasp the concept of cleanliness properly.
    If a child does have to be circumcised at a later date it's much better that he's at an age where he's able to understand what will be happening and why - we can't say a baby can be subconsciously affected by the pain of abuse yet the pain of having part of his dick cut off with no anaesthetic won't impinge on him in some way. A lot of the men who have been circumcised are fiercely pro-circumcision, to the point where they don't even get the point that it's a personal decision, they defend the right of parents to circumcise their children without even understanding that personal decision means affecting your person, the person whose dick it is is the only one who has the right to make the decision to have elective surgery on it.
    When I read the circumcision threads the people who are against routine infant circumcision aren't the ones who are throwing around insults like 'foreskin is disgusting', 'uncut cocks stink', yet it's the pro circumcision nuts who insist we're the rabid raving lunatics.
    Everyone is entitled to bodily integrity insofar as is medically possible, you don't own your kids, you don't have a right to cut bits off them because you think its best that they look like their father, that you think cut cocks are easier to keep clean, etc.

In a hundred years from now we'll look back on circumcision as another of the barbaric customs we used to defend, like footbinding, like slavery, like burning heretics, we won't even be able to understand the mindset of people who thought it was ok to do that to children who were unable to give their consent.

9. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

:biggrin1:

#9 B_cigarbabe, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  10. Viking_UK

Gold Member

OK, a quick anatomy lesson for you:

When a boy is born, his foreskin is actually attached to the head of his penis, which is why it doesn't retract. It's similar to the attachment of your fingernails to the nail bed, but not quite as painful when separated before time. As the boy grows, and this varies from child to child, the foreskin gradually separates from the glans. In some boys, this happens as young as two or three. In others, it can stay attached until puberty. Until the foreskin is retractile, there's no need to clean under it. There's no space for anything to collect under it. If you yank a foreskin back before it has detached naturally, it hurts. Doing so can also lead to complications like adhesions and scarring. That's why it's best to leave it alone.

Once the foreskin has separated from the glans, it's pretty easy to clean under it. After all, if a kid can manage to brush his teeth, or wipe his own arse, he can clean his cock. It's not that difficult.

If, as an adult, a guy wants to get circumcised, that's his right. If he's left intact, he can make an informed decision for himself.

11. lvprcm

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sounds like another rant and bitch. I work with medical doctors and don't agree with the reasons on why the medical community continues to allow this routine practice to continue. $$$? Yes, now they don't formerly recommend it and leave the decision to the parents. The recent health care rants by Medicare insured people who scream about not wanting government involved in their insurance are a reflection of a society (American, Jewish or anything else) that doesn't think much or reason thus this practice will continue. So you are right, if you live in one those societies, get over it. Reason is out the window.

12. herkimer snow

herkimer snow New Member

Circumcision is not about what is best for the child; it's all about what is best for the parents and the doctors. When we had our son circumcised in the 70s, the doctor never discussed any pros or cons. It was just done because at the time virtually all baby boys were circumcised. Do I regret it. Yes and no. My son has spent a lot of time in locker rooms with all the other guys without foreskins, and I'm sure he felt more comfortable looking like all the others. Still, none of the guys needed to have their foreskins cut off. That's the sad part. I have some regrets that I didn't even think the situation through when my son was born. And worse, my grandfather, father, and I were/are all uncircumcised. I should have known better. I think men who are angry at their parents for having them circumcised, should actually be angry at a medical community that perpetuated an unnecessary surgery on infants for their own personal gain. Fortunately the trend is away from this practice. Maybe prospective parents who are mulling over this important decision will recognize that this is a decision that doesn't even have to be made. Let the baby keep his foreskin. I know from personal experience that the foreskin has an important function--good sex. That alone should be reason enough not to circumcise.

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Ummmmm, no. My parents didn't get me circumcised because of THEIR needs. At the time, they honestly thought what they were doing was best for me and I would never penalize or condemn my parents for doing such things. This was told to me by my mother when I was going through puberty, and unlike so many other untrusting souls who want to assume the procedure is disgusting I have no reason to not believe her.

That's a very selfish and self-indulging argument. As if people who are circumcised don't have good sex, or have sexual experiences that are on par or exceed those who are uncut. Not everyone is turned on or stimulated in the same fashion and I've been with some uncut men who actually hate their foreskins being obsessed and played with. Instead of passing some shallow judgement on how sex is better with or without something, let people decide for themselves what gets them off.

14. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    If this isn't the single most tired point of discussion on here, I don't know what is.

15. mandoman

Gold Member

There's nothing wrong with a circumcised penis.
    There is nothing wrong with an uncircumcised penis.
    There is no boy born needing cosmetic surgery, which no medical group recommends on medical grounds, because they all say that the potential benefits don't outweigh the risks. Why pay money for something which is painful, and not so likely to benefit?
    The money could be better spent.
    So what if some people feel something was taken from them. You have a choice of whether to buy into that, or not. If you don't buy in, you can simply ignore, and say 'that's them, it's not me'. That is their choice. It is not mine.

16. cock23

cock23 New Member

Ok let's sort this out.

Some people are circumsized. Some people aren't.
    Some people agree with it. Some don't.
    End of story.

And no one on here is going to ever agree with each other, so why don't you all just give it a rest?!

17. duke-

duke- Member

18. Sapien

Sapien Member

Albums:
    Because they keep on doing to those that can't defend themselves. It is wrong to continue this barbaric practice. Quite simple really.

19. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

And with that you just gave them all the perfect opportunity to do exactly what you say you are sick of.

20. cock23

cock23 New Member

*Yawn* Here's a thought: most people here don't care. We're all well and truly fed up of this huge bitching about circumcision, and what exactly do you (and others) hope to achieve by being a keyboard warrior against people who you will never convince of your point?? (Aside from clogging up the forum and giving everyone a headache, that is).

Draft saved Draft deleted