Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
But that's what I don't want, I don't just want to be reduced to a label. I Know a lot of people wear said label loud and proud and maybe I will one day, but rn I don't want to be seen as the 'gay' anything.
I would suggest you find a LGBTQ affirming therapist who can help you navigate this time in your life.

tps87

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I get where you are coming from.

It sounds like you have already come out to the most important person - yourself. That was a big struggle for me. I did, BTW, get a therapist which I found helpful dealing with this plus other things.

If I was just hooking up with guys and didn't have a partner, I probably would not say anything. Who tells their mother about their random hookups - with males or females?

Once I had a committed partner, I decided there were certain people I wanted to tell for two reasons. 1) I was tired of having to omit parts of my life when speaking with them. 2) It was much preferable to me that they hear it from me and not through the rumor mill or in some other random way.

The people I've told are close family and friends. No one treats me any differently or cares. The first people I told were my parents and the reaction was so underwhelming I was shocked. After years of picturing the worst case, being prepared with arguments, justifications, etc. they simply said 'ok, we are on our way out to dinner now but we can talk about it more later if you want'. We did not talk more about it. They just accepted my partner like any other person - as has everyone else.

To the person who said they were 29 and the clock was ticking. All I'll say is no, its not - especially at 29. If you want a partner then go after that and don't worry about age. At 45 I thought I was over the hill. Guess what, at 50 I had plenty of action from guys ranging 20's to 60's and then met my 18 years younger BF. Be your best self and people will find you attractive regardless of age.

Reactions: Thickguy789