suicide solution?

have you ever thought about killing yourself?

• yes, I have thought bout it.

Votes: 81 77.1%
  • NO! never even crossed my mind.

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • no comment.

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
anyone ever thought about suicide?
the reason I ask is that I was reading "Mens Health" Magazine today, and it said that something like 40% of men have considered suicide.
how bout you?

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, I'm not a man, but I've contemplated it. It's been a LONG time since I've contemplated it, though. I would never actually do it, regardless of how much I contemplate it. For one, my son is way too important to me. And for two, I had a brother who committed suicide when I was five and I know first hand what kind of impact it could have on people. I wouldn't dare do that to my friends and family. Not to mention... one thing my mom always told me growing up... "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it. :wink:

jacknthebstock

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe sucide is not about accountability to other persons but a realistic understanding of the life that is shared with you and the others you are conected to. It is the point where life is no longer recognizable to your own self. The feeling of being alone from your one person.
It is this feeling of asbsence that you wish not to impose on others. It is a permanent solution, but not always to a temporary problem. This i believe is the difference between suicide attempt, a moment where you feel overwhelmed and the large guesture is the only expression to convey sorrow, and actual suicide, not a gesture, but a well thought out conviction to survive what remains of you by ending your life now. If there are truely resource availabe to support your needs than yes it is temporary, while there are questions that are beyond our reach and it leaves those who lives are affected by them suffering for life long extension.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've thought about it at several points in my life.

There was one point in my life that if I had had an implement to do so (such as a gun) in my possession, I probably WOULD have done it. And that was back in June 2003. The reason I would have been likely to actually follow through with it then if I'd had the means was the reason I was thinking about suicide. I was not depressed. I had the abscess that put me close to death anyway and I was in such excruciating PHYSICAL pain that I wanted to die so the pain would go away. It only got better a couple of days into my hospital stay when they finally put me on a morphine drip, at the dosages that are normally reserved for terminal cancer patients and the like.

I have thought about it during very tough emotional times too, but if it came down to it, I probably couldn't follow through with even attempting it.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
honestly many times. Almost tried earlier this year and about drove myself into a moving train. Thank gosh I sobered up when I saw my son's car seat in the back of the car when looking around. I thought was a stupid selfish thing to do.

I don't want my child growing up without a mom too. But this last year has been hard. My brothers cancer, my mom's health issues, my own, taking care of grandma with no breaks 24/7. I was overloaded at the time. Also leaving my abusive husband/lazy ass who refused to work that year and also coming to grips with not being able to work myself. You lose your independance and it sucks. I am much better now and much stronger for it!

I went on an antidepressant (refill from last year for another condition) and felt much better in a month. A lot of reason I do post on my medical condition is for education of others and a way for myself to vent since I am basically homebound right now.

Anyhow, I see a brighter future. Hopefully good health, raise a happy well adjusted child and hopefully go back to school, be a patient advocate or if possible go to medical school. My goal and my life has always been devoted to helping others. That's why I was a volunteer First Responder/EMT for 9 years and also worked in a hospital for close to 12 years total.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
anyone ever thought about suicide?
the reason I ask is that I was reading "Mens Health" Magazine today, and it said that something like 40% of men have considered suicide.
how bout you?

I'm surprised that only 40% have considered it. Not talking about how many have actually attempted it.

It's not like we are going to know what others are going to think or feel after we commit suicide. Those who actually do kill themselves won't be around to find out.

In my case I doubt anyone would really care beyond the initial shock. I'd say in a year, or even a few months, I'd be forgotten, and nobody would know the difference at all. As far as I know nobody really cares anyway, or ever has. I also doubt anyone ever will care. For some of us this is just the way it is...

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I fought to hard to get my act together. To throw it all away just like that? Never:smile: My heart goes out to anyone who is such pain to think of doing it

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...It's so fucking selfish. Just because you're hurting, you want to put everyone else you know in pain that will last a lifetime simply so you could stop hurting...
I really hate to counter this, especially seeing what you've been through, and where you're coming from, but... My contemplation of it was actually to SAVE (in my mind) my family, from the pain that I thought they would endure, if certain circumstances had occurred.

I my mind, the thought went, "If this happens, it would hurt them worse than if I were just dead. Death they could process. This they couldn't."

feely

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, I like to think I'm able to work my way through my problems.

I have a bit of a reputation for being able to take pretty much anything on the chin and deal with it, so suicide isn't really an option for me. Would even consider considering it anyway.