Summer After High School

oldbrownshoe52

Sexy Member
Media
I hope he has just been busy and didn't bail on it; It might be my favorite story on here. I hope he doesn't feel any pressure either, like it has to be brilliant. He should just continue it.

BigBo0411

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
UROC1991, thank you for letting us know.

Take as much time as you need. This is an awesome story! Any future chapters are worth the wait.

UROC1991

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm trying, really I am, but I'm stuck with a little bit of writer's block. A lotta bit, really. I know where I want the story to go, but it's a lot more difficult to get there without getting bored than I was expecting it to be.

I honestly can't believe I've written nearly 40,000 words and in my mind Ricky's tale is not even half over yet. We've barely skimmed the surface.

I still go back to what I have of chapters 7 and 8 and write a little bit, so it will be coming eventually, but maybe I'll take a little break from Ricky and Vance and Jack and the rest of the crew for a while (not to mention Will and Jimmy and Michelle and not Cynthia!) to do something else.

I like to write, especially creatively, but with so much else going on with classes and job-hunting and my active campus life it gets really hard to find the time when I'm just not feeling that passion that I had for the first six or so chapters. Maybe if this was a full-time job, it would be a different story.

I feel really bad making you wait, especially if you've grown invested in the story. I know I'd be livid if Stephen King only gave me four books of The Dark Tower (a horrible comparison, I know, but that just happens to be what I'm reading right now. I'm going to keep this metaphor up though, so hold on).

Maybe that's how my parents felt in 1997. It took 30 years for all 8 books of King's series to be written, with copious breaks in between to let it cool before boiling back up in his mind. I promise it won't take 30 years or a life-threatening accident for me to finish this.

Let me conclude this post by saying that all the praise you've given has been appreciated and well-received. I'm more than grateful... like, Sally Field's 2nd Oscar acceptance speech (are you out there, film buffs?) comes to mind when I read some of these comments. I'm happy to answer any questions you have of me (although I don't plan on spoiling any plot details) and I wish you well for now!

ttyl

PS-I realize you may see that I just posted here and get your hopes up that it's another chapter. Sorry for the disappointment. All I can say to you is, I get it, and I apologize for making you feel that way.

Reactions: studiomg

AcidA

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for giving us an update, good to know that you just havn't abandoned us ;D
Think we all will be happy for anything we get when we get it and for me personally it's all about quality... Forced writing is generally bad writing so take your time and do it well

bltn

Just Browsing
Media
This hands down is the best thing that I have read in a really long time!

snobbsdale24

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
wow mate.. i love it and wish you could finish the story, I started it yesterday and I can't get enough of it.