The Clintons

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with Fire Agate. I just don't want to see a third election in a row predetermined by someone behind the scenes again. :mad:

frankly im sick and tired of both clintons and bushes being in office. lets get a new guy in there already, shit!

And that gentlemen is why Obama is doing so well. Our whole country wants someone not of the old guard running the show.

The longer this goes on, the more I wish to see an Obama/Clinton ticket as the final result. The two of them together as potential Proesident & Vice would be great. Combine a lil' experience, as well as some fresh eyes on the subject matter.

Why are you wishing? It's a done deal. The only thing in question is will it be Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama.

D

deleted15807

I personally will vote for Clinton, as revenge for Bush.
Hmm, I need a bumper sticker that says that!

I also like Obama but after living in the south for a while I do not think he is electable.

The question that I know is will the south ever elect a minority? I don't think so in this lifetime. The Republicans have a clear wink-and-nod strategy here.

Republican politicians, who understand quite well that the G.O.P.’s national success since the 1970s owes everything to the partisan switch of Southern whites, have tacitly acknowledged this reality. Since the days of Gerald Ford, just about every Republican presidential campaign has included some symbolic gesture of approval for good old-fashioned racism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/24/opinion/24krugman.html

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bullshit. There is a lot to admire. You should read Alan Greenspans new book in which he PRAISES Clinton.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/14/AR2007091402451_pf.html

While condemning Democrats, too, for rampant federal spending, he offers Bill Clinton an exemption. The former president emerges as the political hero of "The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World," Greenspan's 531-page memoir, which is being published Monday.

But he expresses deep disappointment with Bush. "My biggest frustration remained the president's unwillingness to wield his veto against out-of-control spending," Greenspan writes. "Not exercising the veto power became a hallmark of the Bush presidency. . . . To my mind, Bush's collaborate-don't-confront approach was a major mistake."

Greenspan accuses the Republicans who presided over the party's majority in the House until last year of being too eager to tolerate excessive federal spending in exchange for political opportunity.

The Republicans, he says, deserved to lose control of the Senate and House in last year's elections. "The Republicans in Congress lost their way," Greenspan writes. "They swapped principle for power. They ended up with neither."

What I've always thought of W ! We couldn't afford Reagan and Daddy Bush in the late 80's and early 90's. 8 years of Bush has easily reversed anything Clinton was able to accomplish. We simply couldn't afford a single year of Bush and 2001 proves it.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Why are you wishing? It's a done deal. The only thing in question is will it be Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama.

Not really. It is only a done deal if Clinton wins the nomination. This would give America a chance to have its first female and first black president back to back (With 8 years of executive branch experience Obama would be a formidable candidate in 2016.)

Obama/Clinton is very, very unlikely to happen. There is simply nothing in it for her. If they loose, she has transhied her image for nothing and will face serious competition for the 2012 nomination. If they win, its worse. She is his VP for 8 years and in 2016 she is 69-70 years old- too old to be a seriously viable candidate. Hillary Clinton has always harboured presidential ambition, I just don't see her settling for just the Vice-Presidency.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not really. It is only a done deal if Clinton wins the nomination. This would give America a chance to have its first female and first black president back to back (With 8 years of executive branch experience Obama would be a formidable candidate in 2016.)

Obama/Clinton is very, very unlikely to happen. There is simply nothing in it for her. If they loose, she has transhied her image for nothing and will face serious competition for the 2012 nomination. If they win, its worse. She is his VP for 8 years and in 2016 she is 69-70 years old- too old to be a seriously viable candidate. Hillary Clinton has always harboured presidential ambition, I just don't see her settling for just the Vice-Presidency.

I think there will be a ticket, I never said they would definitely win the White House. They are the only two with teeth in the running right now.

I also think you underestimate Hillary's desire. Age won't stop her ambition and we have had older men run and win. If she views the run as a step toward the Oval Office, she will take it in a heartbeat. You just never know. I recall when people thought Ted Kennedy was a shoe in for the White House. :smile:

slate_australis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I really REALLY doubt Clinton/Obama vice versa occurs. A double "minority" ticket would be a big electoral gamble.

I'm a bit of an oddity among my American friends, I'm a college graduate under 30 who supports Clinton. When they say "He's inspriatoinal" "he going to change Washington" etc etc My response is "Inspiration is great, it's wonderful to hear a US politican speak like that for the first time in 40 years" "OK, he wants to change Washington... on this "tidal wave" which may or may not come? What does he actually intend to do?" Inspiration and rhetoric works, but it has to be backed up with a plan.

One thing I thought was interesting. Edwards has always done the town-hall style media events, neither Clinton or Obama did them in IA... but then Clinton starts doing them... and it seems to be working. Obama still refuses to do them.

In the end, as long as its Clinton, Obama or ok longshot now, Edwards I'll be happy.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Dyed in the wool Republicans are pulling for Hillary because they figure she's toast in the general election.

I, on the other hand, think an Obama presidency might be a good thing for the U.S. in many ways. Although I'm not sure I'll have the strength to hold my nose and vote Democratic.