The S.S.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
I just dug this thread up. I am writing two papers at once on the Holocaust. There are parallels with our times and Nazi Germany. Has anyone gone for a walk at night and noticed a stronger police presence than ever before?

Those of you in big cities might not notice as much since the cops blend in with peopel at times, but in the suburbs something feels askew. I was out on a procrastinating walk about two hours ago and the city felt like it was on lockdown. Barely a single passing car. One cop drove past me as I was jaywalking. Then later I was out for a drive to pick up something I saw earlier and 4-5 police cars were clustered in a residential neighborhood, very quietly doing business. They shined their light on me like I was doing something wrong by being out and driving. I just kept driving. They didn't chase after me because they were out of line. But it strikes me as odd that they just shione their lights on people nowadays as some kind of fear tactic.

And then last night I was out at a similar hour at the next town over looking for a place to play guitar and an undercover pulled me over from his Toyota Camry. Thought I was drunk because I was all over the road. (actually i thought he was some college girls because his car didn't look like a cop car, so I was driving funny to attract attention) He did the follow my finger eye test. Looked at my tongue and kept asking if I was stoned. Told him I hate drugs and was just a bit anxious. He got on his phone and told dispatch he didn't need back up (I was piss fucking sober) and let me go..

Point of all this...police presence seems increased and more sneaky lately.
Has anyone else noticed, or does anyone else have stories?

I'm also wondering if the Obama administration will decrease the police presence that we have slowly but surely accepted. Or will it be more of the same?