Tour de France

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Shelby, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Shelby

Gold Member

Floyd Landis' performance today was one for the ages. Unbelievable!

2. Love-it

Gold Member

Incredible and with a bad hip.

3. pichulon

pichulon New Member

Tour de France!!!

Barry bonds was found to be the nutritionist in charge for the Landis team. Hip and all, a Bonds milkshake( patent pending) makes a race horse out of a rat corpse.

4. madame_zora

Gold Member

5. naughty

Gold Member

6. Shelby

Gold Member

This is meant as comedy right?

At any rate, Floyd seems like a good kid (sort ot weird looking though) and I hope he proves himself clean. If not, Oscar Periero raced his spaniard ass off too.

Sadly, even if Floyd vindicates himself his achievement will be forever tainted.

7. The same thing tried to get pulled with Lance (last Tour if I remember correctly) & his reputation hasn't taken a hit what so ever ... I doubt much happens in this case either

8. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Floyd Landis his bike did ride
    Easily pushing his competition aside,
    But high testosterone
    Caused a permanent bone
    So doping was immediately implied.

9. chico8

chico8 New Member

Nah, I think it's a sign of another desperate American willing to do whatever he can to win. Floyd's career was pretty much at an end anyway given his age and hip problems. I'm sure that for him it was worth the risk.

Anyway, it won't be hard to figure out if the testosterone was natural or supplemented by a chemical. The French kicked out Ulrich who was clearly the favorite, yet the Germans didn't start crying about anti German feelings. Your persecution complex is pathetic.

10. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Now, now, chico, if you're going to call a great lady like naughty pathetic you should find a nicer way to do it.

11. pichulon

pichulon New Member

Naughty. I do not know if you are aware of the fact, but a way to enhance performance in sports is to raise the levels of testosterone in the bloddstream, so it can act as an anabolic agent. Anabolic means that the body builds tissue at higher speeds and with more efficiency , multiplying cell reproduction and thus creating more muscle mass, stronger and more explosive. The changes happen at all levels, so the person under an anabolic steroid drug, under testosterone treatment, ( under other hormones like growth hormone and GF-1 factors) will achieve levels of performance that no human under normal conditions would ever be able to achieve.

If his testosterone levels are high, there is no way his own body could produce and maintain such amounts.

12. naughty

Gold Member

LOL!

So, its ok for me to be called pathetic, but he just has to say it nicely? LOL!

13. naughty

Gold Member

Thanks Pichulon,

Your comments were very enlightening.

14. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Sure. You catch more pathetic flies with sugar than you do with sour puss. :tongue:

15. naughty

Gold Member

LOL!

Pecker, I used to like you! LOL!

16. madame_zora

Gold Member

Lest we get too far into this, I *believe* chico meant Americans have a persecution complex, not Naughty specifically. His previous sentence was about Germany and France.

17. pichulon

pichulon New Member

18. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

OMG, naughty! I was thinking of the word peripatetic. I'm so embarrassed. I know you're a disciple of ancient philosophers with big schlongs!

19. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    With so many pro athletes caught doping, I'm not surprised to hear Landis is under suspicion as well. I hope he isn't but it sure sounds like another hero has been shattered. Too bad.

20. pichulon

pichulon New Member

The performance of Landis in the race and the events that lead to his best performance during the race ( after a terrible stage, appearing tired and worn out ) make the substance abuse question material status.
    If we add blood test results to the mix of facts, it does not look very promissing to him. I can extrapolate from some articles I read that technological advances in detection avoidance are pushing some athletes to unchartered waters and risking going over the illegal boundaries so much extended by this aforementioned technology to the point of being detected. Many other athletes are using anabolic substances without being detected. In today's sports world only the ones that go overboard get detected. That is not to say everybody is doing it, but the weaker ones, those that really see the risks as something small compared to the potential glory will go after it with determination. Sometimes it is hard to see the boundary between training and nutrition and substances that can enhance performance. To a elite athlete, the boundary is not that clearly seen, it does not seem fair.

Draft saved Draft deleted