Transgender in spa, onsen, sauna, bath house?

Trannylicious

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Trans
I’ve been a nudist since 2014. Been to multiple nude beaches and mixed gender nude resorts with no problem. And before my breast implants I used to go to many Korean spa, bath house, sauna with my hair done up and with my gay friends no problem. Occasionally got some surprise look from the patrons but I could still kinda blend in as a very flamboyant guy. But it’s been almost 4 years since I got my breast implant and I haven’t gone back since.
Anyone got any experience going to male naked space as a transwoman? I’d love to hear how it went. I’m worried about making other guys feel uncomfortable. I also heard many gay guys don’t like when trans women invade their space.

cobra8

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My partner (cis female) went to a Korean Spa with her trans friend (M2F) and they asked the people at the front desk, and they both went in the women's side. She wore a little towel around her waist while walking around in the women's nude area. She said it was fine.

You never know who might be there and who might have a reaction to seeing someone else's body. I think that there is a risk wherever you go. Some places will be more trans friendly than others. I would suggest seeking out and supporting those spas that strive to create a comfortable environment for all genders. You could talk with someone there and feel out which would be more comfortable. If it is a male-specific area, then you might have men assuming that you are male just because you are in a male space. Would having guys misgendering you be uncomfortable?
My experiences with nude beaches is that the gender of a person walking on the horizon becomes much less obvious when they are not wearing any clothing.

And to all the gay guys who don't like it when trans women "invade" their space... Step aside and make room for the trans people to have a space to be safe in their own body. Trans people have done so much for the queer community and without the efforts of trans women, we would not have the social justice movements that created a foundation to create those safe spaces.

Capt Hook

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In NY there is the Russian Turkish Baths that has “male-only” hours and I’ve seen mtf and ftm trans people there. The mtf person was female-presenting but didn’t have top surgery. It’s a 95% gay crowd and nobody said anything to them as far as I know (one guy did make a side comment to me saying that person must be transgender…) but seems like things would be different if they did have top surgery?

They also have mixed gender hours... I wonder how you would do in a place that had a lot of lesbian women or would you feel less comfortable with that? (They don’t have female-only hours…)

merc41

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Personally I would love to be able to be around nude trans people. I know! It's not possible because of the nature of being a transexual is ftm or mtf and it just doesn't work being nude around the opposite sex. But I can always fantasize can't I. I do feel bad for trans people who can't do a lot of things due to social norms. If it is any consolation there are many of us who find you physically and sexually attractive and CAN accept you as you are. Sorry to sexualize the trans gender but I do find mtf transgenders attractive mentally and sexually. I do realize transexuallisum goes much deeper than just looks. But you are so damn sexy.

jaybeebrad

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Any shared space not intended for sexual actiity that would prohibit a trans person from attending on whichever side matches their gender identity is bigoted and hateful and should be shut down.

I do think that gay bathhouses - the ones that *ARE* intended for sexual activity - have traditionally been limited to attendance by men. That being said, trans men *ARE* men, so the idea that trans men would be excluded is disgusting.

Richiecable

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
In NY there is the Russian Turkish Baths that has “male-only” hours and I’ve seen mtf and ftm trans people there. The mtf person was female-presenting but didn’t have top surgery. It’s a 95% gay crowd and nobody said anything to them as far as I know (one guy did make a side comment to me saying that person must be transgender…) but seems like things would be different if they did have top surgery?

They also have mixed gender hours... I wonder how you would do in a place that had a lot of lesbian women or would you feel less comfortable with that? (They don’t have female-only hours…)
Lol. Would love to know the name of this place.

Reactions: merc41

panlaman

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I’ve been a nudist since 2014. Been to multiple nude beaches and mixed gender nude resorts with no problem. And before my breast implants I used to go to many Korean spa, bath house, sauna with my hair done up and with my gay friends no problem. Occasionally got some surprise look from the patrons but I could still kinda blend in as a very flamboyant guy. But it’s been almost 4 years since I got my breast implant and I haven’t gone back since.
Anyone got any experience going to male naked space as a transwoman? I’d love to hear how it went. I’m worried about making other guys feel uncomfortable. I also heard many gay guys don’t like when trans women invade their space.
Never been to a gay bathhouse but there is one near me here in BKK. I asked them via messaging if ladyboys are allowed as they are my preference and it'd be fun to bring one with me there, or so I thought anyway ;) . Never heard back so I never went.
That's one place in one city in the entire world tho.

Reactions: Mister2101

Seeking Booty

Admired Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My partner (cis female) went to a Korean Spa with her trans friend (M2F) and they asked the people at the front desk, and they both went in the women's side. She wore a little towel around her waist while walking around in the women's nude area. She said it was fine.

You never know who might be there and who might have a reaction to seeing someone else's body. I think that there is a risk wherever you go. Some places will be more trans friendly than others. I would suggest seeking out and supporting those spas that strive to create a comfortable environment for all genders. You could talk with someone there and feel out which would be more comfortable. If it is a male-specific area, then you might have men assuming that you are male just because you are in a male space. Would having guys misgendering you be uncomfortable?
My experiences with nude beaches is that the gender of a person walking on the horizon becomes much less obvious when they are not wearing any clothing.

And to all the gay guys who don't like it when trans women "invade" their space... Step aside and make room for the trans people to have a space to be safe in their own body. Trans people have done so much for the queer community and without the efforts of trans women, we would not have the social justice movements that created a foundation to create those safe spaces.
But, and no offence, without all of the awareness, we wouldn't have such locker room modesty. Admiring a nice body pre-1999 was relatively easy. Now, it's a 50 step process and not worth it. Prior to the Harvey Milk era, there was zero modesty among men.

Do you think an era of quiet surrounding gay issues will come back?

Reactions: merc41

AfterHours69

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
But, and no offence, without all of the awareness, we wouldn't have such locker room modesty. Admiring a nice body pre-1999 was relatively easy. Now, it's a 50 step process and not worth it. Prior to the Harvey Milk era, there was zero modesty among men.

Do you think an era of quiet surrounding gay issues will come back?
I’m not sure what you are saying. Could you clarify?

Seeking Booty

Admired Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I’m not sure what you are saying. Could you clarify?
Simply that because the world is so aware of gayness, it's also become very modest and bashful.

If you were in a men's locker 1974 and before, people would go in, have manly conversations while changing, showering, and leaving. Then, some gay awareness came about. 1975 through 1999, you went in a men's locker room and some would avoid like the plague while others behaved like it was 1974 and before. 2000-present, they hide in the toilet stall, change clothing while eye-staring in the mirror, make homophobic statements. This is even the morbidly obese ones, the elderly, the ugly, and the attractive alike.

Korean spas were pre1974, but people insist on masturbating openly in the steam rooms and saunas like it's Flex Spa, so now they too are becoming places of ultra boldness and ultra modesty.

Men with breasts walking around don't help either.

AfterHours69

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Simply that because the world is so aware of gayness, it's also become very modest and bashful.

If you were in a men's locker 1974 and before, people would go in, have manly conversations while changing, showering, and leaving. Then, some gay awareness came about. 1975 through 1999, you went in a men's locker room and some would avoid like the plague while others behaved like it was 1974 and before. 2000-present, they hide in the toilet stall, change clothing while eye-staring in the mirror, make homophobic statements. This is even the morbidly obese ones, the elderly, the ugly, and the attractive alike.

Korean spas were pre1974, but people insist on masturbating openly in the steam rooms and saunas like it's Flex Spa, so now they too are becoming places of ultra boldness and ultra modesty.

Men with breasts walking around don't help either.
Thanks for clarifying.
I’d argue “men with breasts” aren’t the problem….

Bondmiles21

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My feeling is that a trans would be more welcome in the men’s side. You will have the parts that both straight and gay folks like.
I for one would welcome you with open arms. Straight ladies would be hyper sensitive to seeing a man’s junk in their spa area. I can hear the screams!

Seeking Booty

Admired Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My feeling is that a trans would be more welcome in the men’s side. You will have the parts that both straight and gay folks like.
I for one would welcome you with open arms. Straight ladies would be hyper sensitive to seeing a man’s junk in their spa area. I can hear the screams!
No. Gays hate anything not too masculine. Straights hate anything gay. The only people who would welcome the trans people are those who see them as women. But they can't openly admit to liking trans.

So, it would be very hostile.

AfterHours69

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
No. Gays hate anything not too masculine. Straights hate anything gay. The only people who would welcome the trans people are those who see them as women. But they can't openly admit to liking trans.

I’m not going to lie, I’d be taken off guard initially, but would not care. So, it’s best not to lump everyone into a stereotype or one category.

miamirt

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I am straight, we’ll mostly and I’d have no issues with a trans woman (breasts & penis) in a nude spa/sauna.

SamMann75

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
A friend of mine said his bathhouse has a sign that says "if you've got a cock your welcome, if someone's cock makes you uncomfortable your not", the owner told him it applies universally, LGTB... and every other group.... all the way to straight

merc41

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A friend of mine said his bathhouse has a sign that says "if you've got a cock your welcome, if someone's cock makes you uncomfortable your not", the owner told him it applies universally, LGTB... and every other group.... all the way to straight
Here here I dont about anyone else but if a mtf transgender were parading around me naked at a bathouse I'd be more embarrassed about my raging hardon.