Uncut cock..with dry glans?

Leviathan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm uncut but as long as I can remember, my glans have been dry. My foreskin doesn't cover my entire cock, only 80%. But when I retract the foreskin it is very dry, which is uncomfortable if not lubed when jacking.

I mostly take a bath twice a day. As long as I can remember, I always pulled back the skin, and wash thoroughly with soap. I can understand if that caused the dry glans, but I never knew that a uncut cock should have a "moist" layer :confused: :redface:

It's just not something that I ever discussed with anyone.
So please people, answer a few embarrassingly stupid questions for me.

a)What is the point of having the "moist" layer?
b)Doesn't it smell or taste weird?
c)Does it have a significant "lube" effect when having sex or jacking?
d)Moist vs. Dry? Which is better and why?

I feel like an idiot. :confused:

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You're not an idiot. You were just not presented with certain information about care and function of the penis.

The inner foreskin and glans are mucous membrane tissue, the same is in your mouth. When they remain in contact with each other, transudated moisture is retained and keeps each surface moist. Mucous membrane is supposed to be moist for ultimate effectiveness as a barrier against pathogens, both bacterial and viral; dry mucosa is far less effective. This is an example of why this is important. Moisture also keeps the surfaces supple.

Soap is not recommended for mucosal surfaces. For one thing, it washes away natural lubricants -- in the case of the foreskin, the oils and lysozymes that remain from sloughing skin cells, which form the base of smegma. The penis is largely self-lubricating and self-cleaning, apart from rinsing with fresh water (smegma comes from the Greek word for "soap".) It's important not to distort the natural pH of the mucosal surfaces because that creates conditions that can foster yeast, and other, infections.

Clean, fresh smegma doesn't really have an odor per se, other than slightly sweet. Its taste is somewhat salty, though, from the cellular concentrations it consists of. What tends to smell after a while are bacteria -- technically, dead and dying bacteria, which is why it's important to rinse the area between glans and foreskin daily. Ditto for trapped urine and semen, though the foreskin is designed to actually not trap urine between itself and the glans when urinating because a fairly tight moisture barrier already binds the surfaces. Urine drops can be retained near the end of the foreskin, so shaking or dabbing is a good idea.

I've never used lube to jack off. I think something's wrong if you need it (but not necessarily if you just like it).

I'm uncut but as long as I can remember, my glans have been dry.

Glans is one of those funny Latin words that ends in -s but is singular. Like "mens" (mind). So you'd say, "My glans is juicy and big as an apple."

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
a)What is the point of having the "moist" layer?
b)Doesn't it smell or taste weird?
c)Does it have a significant "lube" effect when having sex or jacking?
d)Moist vs. Dry? Which is better and why?
a) I found this here:
The foreskin maintains the sub-preputial space in a state of wetness with prostatic, vesicular and urethral secretions. The glans penis is covered with mucosa, not skin, so the wetness is essential for optimum health. There may be a correlation between wetness and sensitivity.
b) I believe it has a distinct smell (not sure about taste), but whether it's weird or not is up to the one smelling/tasting it, I would think.

c) Yes.

d) IMO, 'moist' because of the benefits.

duke-

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Don´t wash your penis, especially glans/foreskin with soap, water is just fine, if there is smegma there, use a finger to rub it off.

If you for some reason find it necessary to wash with soap, it should be a really mild one, not regular.

Gustavovolvo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Never use soap under the foreskin just a gentle water. Use pure water to rinse even after a shower because most water has chemicals in it and if there is dryness rub bring back the skin and massage it with some olive oil.

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
never had or seen smegma. never want to.

Sorry I call bull on that.

Everyone, even the cleanest people has smegma. It's a natural producing substance, that serves as protection and lubrication. It becomes gross when a person doesn't clean regularly, and allows for bacteria and dead skin to accumulate. Some people produce more than others, and consistency in texture and appearance will vary for others.

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
My foreskin doesn't cover my entire cock, only 80%.

All the guys that I know that dont have skin that covers their entire head are dry. Their heads look dry like a cut guys head. All of the guys I know that have enough skin to cover their entire head are moist.

Just an observation...

Astrate

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You're not an idiot. You were just not presented with certain information about care and function of the penis.

The inner foreskin and glans are mucous membrane tissue, the same is in your mouth. When they remain in contact with each other, transudated moisture is retained and keeps each surface moist. Mucous membrane is supposed to be moist for ultimate effectiveness as a barrier against pathogens, both bacterial and viral; dry mucosa is far less effective. This is an example of why this is important. Moisture also keeps the surfaces supple.

Soap is not recommended for mucosal surfaces. For one thing, it washes away natural lubricants -- in the case of the foreskin, the oils and lysozymes that remain from sloughing skin cells, which form the base of smegma. The penis is largely self-lubricating and self-cleaning, apart from rinsing with fresh water (smegma comes from the Greek word for "soap".) It's important not to distort the natural pH of the mucosal surfaces because that creates conditions that can foster yeast, and other, infections.

Clean, fresh smegma doesn't really have an odor per se, other than slightly sweet. Its taste is somewhat salty, though, from the cellular concentrations it consists of. What tends to smell after a while are bacteria -- technically, dead and dying bacteria, which is why it's important to rinse the area between glans and foreskin daily. Ditto for trapped urine and semen, though the foreskin is designed to actually not trap urine between itself and the glans when urinating because a fairly tight moisture barrier already binds the surfaces. Urine drops can be retained near the end of the foreskin, so shaking or dabbing is a good idea.

I've never used lube to jack off. I think something's wrong if you need it (but not necessarily if you just like it).

Glans is one of those funny Latin words that ends in -s but is singular. Like "mens" (mind). So you'd say, "My glans is juicy and big as an apple."
Great informative post

B_jarod_johansen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hey guys,

I just wanted to add my two cents:

my bf is uncut. I asked him why his birth doctor didn't circumcise him and he said that the doctor told him mom he didn't need to be circumcised. I know know if this is because his foreskin was already behind his glans as a newborn or if it was a short foreskin or what.

Anyway, my bf has enough foreskin to completely cover his glans. That is IF he takes the split second initiative to pull his foreskin down from behind his glans corona to recover his glans after jacking off, after a shower, or if he (rarely) pulls the skin back to urinate.

My bf is not very concerned about himself being uncut. He does not really take any interest at all in the fact he has a foreskin. This being said, he just leaves his foreskin alone most of the time and whatever position the foreskin is placed over his glans is the place he leaves it about 99% of the time.

During masturbation and sex his foreskin goes back and forth over his glans. He masturbates by running his foreskin back and forth over his glans. After he is done, he leaves his foreskin where ever it places its self. The natural tendency is that if his foreskin is pulled behind the head, it will partially recover the glans as it relaxes. The thing is that the place where his inner/outer foreskin come together is 99% of the time stuck behind the corona of his glans (the bell ridge of the cock head). Since he is VERY loose and not tight whatsoever, this is comfortable for him and he leaves it like this most of the time. The result of this is that his foreskin, half stuck behind his glans, covers 1/2 of the glans, and leaves the front half of the glans exposed.

I asked him about this, and he said his corona (glans ridge) is very sensitive and he can't stand to keep this exposed inside his underwear and he is glad his foreskin retracts partially to cover this place on his penis head. He also said he likes to feel inside his underwear with the exposed front half of his glans. Sometimes if I see him naked, I will free the trapped foreskin from behind his glans corona and this allows the entire foreskin to cover his head. He said he really prefers to keep his glans half covered because when it fully covers the head he has no sensation from his glans in his underwear. He really seems to prefer to keep the front of his glans uncovered, keeping his foreskin partially stuck behind his corona, and keeping the corona (glans ridge) covered and the back half of his glans covered.

ANYWAY I KNOW this is a long post! All that being said, this is my point.....the front half of his glans looks dried out, kerotinized, and looks like a circumcised penis...that is the FRONT half of his glans that he usually keeps uncovered as he wears his foreskin half stuck behind the corona of the glans. THE OTHER HALF of his glans is soft, moist, has a distinct foreskin scent (EXTREMELY AROUSING SEXUALLY FOR ME), and sometimes makes small specks of smegma if he hasn't rinsed his foreskin in the shower that morning. So, what I'm saying is that he has both characteristics, a dried kerotinized front half of his glans which includes the meatus (area where the pee slit is located), and he has the uncircumcised characteristics of a most back half of the glans, sensitive, aromatic, sometimes producing smegma, and is so sensitive that he can't bare to touch his glans corona without the foreskin covering it.

One time, I was masturbating him and I did not push the foreskin back over the head on one single solitary upstroke...and I directly stimulated the back half of his glans and corona with my bare hand (lubricated with precum and my saliva). On this single solitary upstroke when I rubbed this place on his glans directly without foreskin covering it, he jumped up so fast and almost hit the ceiling it was so sensitive and was such an intense tickle he could not stand it. He yelled at me "what the hell are you doing?!?" and I said i stroked his head as if it were a circumcised head with no foreskin. SO, he has the amazing sensitivity of the uncircumcised penis on the back half of his glans, and the circumcised sensitivity on the front half of his glans.

All in all, this is really the difference between cut and uncut, and my bf has both characteristics on each half of his glans. Yes, he has a very large meaty glans, and this is why the foreskin gets stuck behind the glans and only covers the back half of his glans with foreskin. If i release his trapped foreskin by manually pulling it entirely over his penis head, it covers the head completely, but he does not wear it day to day like this....preferring to feel his naked front half of the glans inside his underwear.

OK sorry about the long post, but I thought it was important to mention the moist sensitive and aromatic part of his glans and inside foreskin trapped behind the corona, and the dried kerotinized front half of his glans.

One last thing....in hot weather when the inside of his foreskin, trapped behind the glans corona gets sweaty and moist, there is enough lubrication from this sweat and moisture to allow his foreskin to naturally slip past the corona and back half of his glans to recover his entire glans. When I see him naked in the summer, his glans is always covered fully due to the lubrication of the moisture on the inner foreskin. In winter though, his foreskin stays trapped behind the glans and it retracts partially to cover the back half of his glans. I just thought this was very interesting and wanted to share.

Yes, I am passionate about his foreskin... I wish he would keep it entirely covered and remember to pull it back down over his glans after masturbation, sex, or the shower, but he doesnt...and doesn't seem to care if the front of his glans remains uncovered.

I hope I am making sense...yes it's been a long day folks!
jarod

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media

Everyone, even the cleanest people has smegma. It's a natural producing substance, that serves as protection and lubrication. It becomes gross when a person doesn't clean regularly, and allows for bacteria and dead skin to accumulate. Some people produce more than others, and consistency in texture and appearance will vary for others.

Not everyone - I am circumcised and have never had smegma! Not that is necessarily a good thing. I would rather be intact and experience smegma.

ginger_qboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I didn't explain myself well enough for you I suppose...

I have never seen smegma! Not bullshit, I have never seen anything. Yes, there is a natural producing substance, however, it has never had an odour nor has it accumulated to a noticeable point.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Not everyone - I am circumcised and have never had smegma! Not that is necessarily a good thing. I would rather be intact and experience smegma.

Hi Sapien! Actually, all guys have smegma, cut or uncut. All humans transudate moisture, and all guys' cocks slough skin cells. (In fact, our bodies are sloughing/shedding cells like mad all day long -- it's a significant component of dust in all human environments.)

Whereas intact guys retain these moistened sloughed cells under folded integument, often rendering them visible and sometimes aromatic if allowed to accumulate for a while, the moistened sloughed cells of circumcised guys end up on their underwear -- or jeans, if going commando. Actually, all shaft skin sloughed cells end up on some surface or another, but those from the mucosal surfaces, like the glans, are either under foreskin, on your clothes or transfered to whatever other thing you may be rubbing against. :ponder:

Just something for college guys to ponder when sharing laundry at the frat house.

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
I didn't explain myself well enough for you I suppose...

I have never seen smegma! Not bullshit, I have never seen anything. Yes, there is a natural producing substance, however, it has never had an odour nor has it accumulated to a noticeable point.

Fair enough ! :) I'm saying is we all produce it but because we practice clean hygiene, that's why we don't see it or allow it to get to a level where it becomes obvious that we can smell or see it. (And we also hope others practice clean hygiene too so that we never see it. Ick !

B_jarod_johansen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
from what i have read, the glans or inner foreskin (I forget which one) produces a natural oil-like substance for lubrication of the inner foreskin. Uncircumcised and circumcised penises both produce this oil. On uncut men, the oil can accumulate and do its job by helping to lubricate the inner foreskin so it can position its self on the glans properly as well as aid in maturbation or sex when the foreskin moves back and forth over the glans. in circumcised men, the oil is still produced but it gets rubbed away by the clothing we wear.

it is my understanding that smegma is NOT this oily substance, but rather the accumulation of this oily substance combined with sluffed off dead skin cells of the inner foreskin and glans. The accumulated dead skin cells and this oily substance combine to make the white-ish specks of material that can accumulate under the foreskin.

I have read that many uncircumcised guys in their teens make TONS of this smegma...I read about one guy who showered and rinsed his foreskin inside and out in the morning, then when it was time for the gym showers later that afternoon he had massive amounts of it built up again under his foreskin after only a few hours...he'd rinse it out again in the showers and by evening he had even more.

jarod

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
Hi Sapien! Actually, all guys have smegma, cut or uncut. All humans transudate moisture, and all guys' cocks slough skin cells. (In fact, our bodies are sloughing/shedding cells like mad all day long -- it's a significant component of dust in all human environments.)

Whereas intact guys retain these moistened sloughed cells under folded integument, often rendering them visible and sometimes aromatic if allowed to accumulate for a while, the moistened sloughed cells of circumcised guys end up on their underwear -- or jeans, if going commando. Actually, all shaft skin sloughed cells end up on some surface or another, but those from the mucosal surfaces, like the glans, are either under foreskin, on your clothes or transfered to whatever other thing you may be rubbing against. :ponder:

Just something for college guys to ponder when sharing laundry at the frat house.

I stand corrected.

Thanks gymfresh.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
It depends on your anatomy. I'm uncut and mine is always fairly dry, probably because I have a short and loose foreskin, and the looseness is probably as much to do with being dry as the shortness. You said you had a (relatively) short foreskin, and washing with soap probably dries it out even more. If you take antihistamines, you may find it dries out all your mucus membranes. There was a thread about that some time ago.