Upcoming Vasectomy

chr2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

On Thursday I am due to get a Vasectomy and at the same time remove a couple of little cysts from my balls - apparently the cysts are nothing but my wife said to get rid of them at the same time... Due to the extra work involved with the cysts the doctor will remove about 7cm of vas -- my kid having years are behind me and it seems like the safest way to go.

Has anyone had this done? If so, what about pain and recovery time?

Its a bit more than a normal Vasectomy - I hope someone can reassure me.

Thanks

Reactions: deleted18464931

nmf9in

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had mine done in 2000. Went alone (didn't want to tell anyone/didn't want the wife to take off work). Since I didn't have a driver, they made me sit for 1 1/2 hrs afterward, & when they figured I was ok/not going to die, they let me drive home. Started at 1P-home by 4:30P-went to my son's basketball game at 6. Maybe I was just lucky-not much pain or discomfort-some swelling-had a black & blue sack-2 1/2 days later my wife gave me a blowjob-everything's been really good since. Good Luck...!!!

chr2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had mine done in 2000. Went alone (didn't want to tell anyone/didn't want the wife to take off work). Since I didn't have a driver, they made me sit for 1 1/2 hrs afterward, & when they figured I was ok/not going to die, they let me drive home. Started at 1P-home by 4:30P-went to my son's basketball game at 6. Maybe I was just lucky-not much pain or discomfort-some swelling-had a black & blue sack-2 1/2 days later my wife gave me a blowjob-everything's been really good since. Good Luck...!!!

Excellent. How much tube did you have taken out?

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had my vasectomy at 9.30 out digging the garden in the afternoon Had sex the following day no problems, no bruising or discomfort. Hope yours goes the same. It will be the best decision you have ever made.

D_Ari_Head

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Had mine done 3 years ago. No pain at the time some discomfort after and swelling,,...get some bags od frozen peas..lol it will help

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My husband had his, he was driving within a couple of hours, felt pretty sore but as long as he didn't bang them nothing too bad, he'd been told to have sex as soon and as often as he could to get rid of any fertile jizz, so on the beach that night we fucked, I had to keep really still in doggy position to not bang his balls but he managed it well enough. He was sore for maybe three days, but never anything that he felt required painkillers or was too worrying, he was a little tender for maybe another three or four days then fine.
His experience wasn't the same as yours, however even if you're in twice as much pain as he appeared to be I can't see that it would be anything to worry a grown man.

chr2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tonight it is time to shave - and lucky I did. I am not used to shaving down below and there was some poor shaving on my part (20 minutes to stop the bleeding).

Anyway, I have added these and will add more as there is something to photograph.

Attachments

Reactions: deleted18464931

chr2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess I had better add a shot of the surgery region ;)

Attachments

D_Eddie Withagun

Experimental Member
Media
Does this reduce the risk of prostate or testicular cancer. Does it affect hormone balance or production? I don't do women so there's no worry there, but are there any other benefits apart from becoming infertile?

Last edited:

baldyboy8000

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
my only problem was having to wear tight briefs or jock strap.
are you going to have one incision or two? i had one, directly at the base of my penis in the middle.

Fnord

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Had my vasectomy done years ago - much better idea than having to put my wife through what is considered major surgery! I had two snips not one; I scar easily so you can still see where the snips are in fact, but who cares ;-)
As I recall, I was sensitive down there for about a week; the first couple of days I walked around like a gorilla much to the enjoyment of both my children and my wife. Don't think it is that representative since I know I am uncommonly sensitive. I remember my father had his vasectomy and was sensitive for about 3 days. Don't know anyone else who had one (at least not the intimate details), so no more statistics for you. Best of luck!

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tonight it is time to shave - and lucky I did. I am not used to shaving down below and there was some poor shaving on my part (20 minutes to stop the bleeding).

Anyway, I have added these and will add more as there is something to photograph.

Don't know why you shaved it all off,cuase all they would shave is the spot they go in.I had mine done a year back and the doc used what looked like an ear piercing gun to punch a small hole to get at the tubes(and a piece of tape to close).I suspect the hair growing back will be the most uncomfortable thing.And you did it!:tongue:I was a bit sore for 2 days and then all was good.The embarrassing part is when you have to give a sample to make sure you're shooting blanks!:biggrin1:

Last edited:

chr2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So much good information, thanks everyone!

Only 2 days to go now -- I am getting excited ;)

It will be really great to know that we can do anything, anytime and not have to be concerned about unexpected pregnancy.

chr2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't know why you shaved it all off,cuase all they would shave is the spot they go in.I had mine done a year back and the doc used what looked like an ear piercing gun to punch a small hole to get at the tubes(and a piece of tape to close).I suspect the hair growing back will be the most uncomfortable thing.And you did it!:tongue:I was a bit sore for 2 days and then all was good.The embarrassing part is when you have to give a sample to make sure you're shooting blanks!:biggrin1:

I dont know why the doctor said to shave so much, I checked a lot on the web and it suggested only to shave the ball sack -- I guess it is related to the extra work he will do to remove the small fluid cyst; I think he will make quite a large cut and really get inside to do that part (and honestly the hair will grow back, if it makes it easier for him or cleaner for the procedure, they are gone!).

chr2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does this reduce the risk of prostate or testicular cancer. Does it affect hormone balance or production? I don't do women so there's no worry there, but are there any other benefits apart from becoming infertile?

I hope, the only outcome is becoming infertile. My understand is that there is no +/- with any cancer, and an reassured that hormones remain at exactly the same levels - your balls still make sperm, they just cannot get it to the prostate for mixing and dispatch.

Hooie

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello chr2. I had mine done in 2001 and I have never regretted it. It is soooo much nicer to be able to have sex with my wife and not have to use a spermacide or a condom (my wife did not like to take birth control pills). It also opens up all kinds of spontaneity.

As for my surgery, it was relatively painless. Wierd feeling though b/c even they numbed me fairly good, you can feel that they are messing around down there. The doctor only had to use 2 of the little circle bandaids and I have no scarring (which really suprised me). A few hours afterwards though I did have some bleeding which caused me to be concerned and went to the emergency room (better safe than sorry), but after icing everything down it stopped and I had no more problems. I recommend picking up 2 bags of frozen peas. They are much easier to work with than ice and you can swap them when one gets not as cold as you'd like.

Congratulations on your decision. I love mine.

StillEnjoyingLife

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

On Thursday I am due to get a Vasectomy. . . .
Has anyone had this done? If so, what about pain and recovery time?

I had my vasectomy more than 45 years ago, a couple of months after my fourth child was born, and I've never had the slightest regret over having it done.

The operation was in the urologist's office. It took about 45 minutes from the time I entered the room and took my trousers and shorts off, till I put my clothes back on and walked out. For safety's sake, my wife drove us home. That was on a Friday afternoon. I used a few ice bags when needed for minor pain during Friday evening, took it easy over the weekend, and went back to work Monday morning with nothing but very minor residual soreness.

I took a semen sample to the urologist about six weeks later, and it was found to be sperm-free. I haven't used a condom since.

After the vasectomy I noticed no difference in the quantity or appearance of my semen, and a nice increase in the feeling of complete safety in intercourse with my wife. She liked being able to discontinue using "the pill", to which she had occasionally reacted unpleasantly.

A related story occurred twenty-odd years later. Though still married to my first wife, I was getting interested in a young woman whom I'd known well for several years but who, to my surprise, had begun signalling subtly to me that she might be receptive to more than casual friendship. She was a professional colleague, in her mid-30s (and thus 20 years my junior), divorced, and childless. She lived and worked in a town about an hour's drive from where I lived, but often came to my city for professional meetings and to visit her parents, who lived in my city.

After she and I had had a couple of meetings with some pleasant physical contact short of my unzipping my trousers, we arranged that on the following Saturday I would visit her at her apartment in her town. We had lunch there, sat down together on her couch after lunch, and got physical again.

Within a few minutes we had confirmed to each other our mutual interest in getting into bed together. She asked whether I had brought condoms. I told her that I'd had a vasectomy and that she need not worry.

She asked, "Are you SURE that I can't get pregnant?" I replied, "There's absolutely NO chance whatsoever of your getting pregnant from me!"

With that, she leaped up and led me by my hand to her bed. We proceeded to have a great time together--in fact, four great times in about three hours that afternoon--before I had to leave.

To cap things off, I had one more great time later that same day--with my wife. It was definitely one of my best days ever!:smile: