Weird Pet Peeves

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had a topic like this last year and I want to revive it, I found the responses hilarious...

One of mine is when a worker at a store, restaurant calls me by a term of endearment. "Have a nice day Honey." "Is that all you want dear?"

It drives me insane.

I remember almost being fired from a job I had for not wearing a name tag. I don't like strangers knowing my name, it's too personal, feels invasive somehow. :confused:

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
1. Bad teeth

2. People who have strong opinions about subjects they know little or nothing about.

3. The misuse of apostrophes, i.e., where it is apparent the writer has no idea what an apostrophe is for or when it should be used, but he or she uses it anyway.

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Having to change the bag in the garbage. I have no idea why but I actually curse under my breath when I have to do it. I do it all the time, you'd think it wouldn't bother me anymore :confused:

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Jennuine, I hate it too when strangers call me "honey" or some such thing. It's so patronizing. And I also hate it when a waiter or waitress, when he or she is wanting to take my order says, "What will we be having tonight?" WE? I have a friend who always replies to them, "You go first".

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Toilet paper put in the wrong way. It should be over, not under.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
People on cell phones at the teller's window. :mad:

I love the signs that say they will not tend to anyone on a cell phone.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People who say somethink and anythink.... i want to beat them around the head with a dictionary. Simon Cowell does it, which confirms my opinion that the bloke is a complete and utter twonk!

TwasBrillig

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
People who, when you're waiting in the rain to board a bus, wait until they are at the fare box to begin digging for their fare. Or pass. Or whatever else. Aaaarrrggghhh!!!

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
God, everything pisses me off! But here are some of the worst offenders:

1. People who stop abruptly at the barriers at the train station, blocking the flow of commuters (what the hell are they waiting for - an invite?)

2. People who say "you get me?" and "like" over and over when they are speaking. Like.

3. People who cough or sneeze without covering their mouth/nose. Ratchet this up by a factor of ten if they cough/sneeze in my direction.

4. People who talk loudly on mobile phones when they are out and about but especially on public transport - must we ALL be included in their conversation?

5. People who play their music in their cars with so much volume and base that they are clearly trying to entertain a block (or six!)

6. People who do not wash their sour bodies/brush their teeth before getting on the Tube and stand there while their noxious, bowel-smelling fumes take over the entire carriage. This stench is ten times worse in the summer. What kind of nastiness is that?