What, Beyonce Can't Sing?!??!

Sade takes me right to Sleepy Town... SNORE! Never been a fan.

I admit that I do enjoy Beyonce. She has a good voice, but I agree that there's that "something" missing that maybe someone like Nina Simone had. The pain... the suffering... the loss... the emotion. Granted, Beyonce is still relatively young and I have no doubt she'll get there. Maybe after she has a kid or two... then she'll know REAL pain! :)

In the meantime, I wish she wouldn't do so much acting. It is most certainly not her strong-suit.
 
Sade takes me right to Sleepy Town... SNORE! Never been a fan.

I admit that I do enjoy Beyonce. She has a good voice, but I agree that there's that "something" missing that maybe someone like Nina Simone had. The pain... the suffering... the loss... the emotion. Granted, Beyonce is still relatively young and I have no doubt she'll get there. Maybe after she has a kid or two... then she'll know REAL pain! :)

In the meantime, I wish she wouldn't do so much acting. It is most certainly not her strong-suit.


Beyonce can only portray a singer.

If she were to take up acting as serious as her singing. Maybe that would help her songwriting. She would have to take characters that would stretch her emotional and spiritual pools. Characters that would make her grow.
 
Well, you missing out on a treat, cause Sade is good make out music. Had the best orgasm while listening to her music.

I don't think I could do that with Beyonce.:wink:
Sade takes me right to Sleepy Town... SNORE! Never been a fan.

I admit that I do enjoy Beyonce. She has a good voice, but I agree that there's that "something" missing that maybe someone like Nina Simone had. The pain... the suffering... the loss... the emotion. Granted, Beyonce is still relatively young and I have no doubt she'll get there. Maybe after she has a kid or two... then she'll know REAL pain! :)

In the meantime, I wish she wouldn't do so much acting. It is most certainly not her strong-suit.
 
Hey, let's go put on some Sade after we get off the computer.
I think I will run a bubble bath and light some candles while listening.

I was just listening to an interview with Badu. She took time out to be with her children. She home schooled. She has a new one coming out, here is the site:
ERYKAH BADU - SAVIORS' DAY


i love you :biggrin1:

....hey, wheres erykah badu? :(

*old erykah, not hip hop erykah*
 
and about the actual topic lol:

beyonce is a very good vocalist, but i have to agree with some here that her voice lacks depth and "soul." personally, my preference isnt the singer that can hit all of the high and low notes. i like a singer that can convey emotion even if there were no words in the song.

my faves are amy winehouse, erykah badu, gnarles barkley, lauryn hill, and so on in that fashion.

oh and the acting? she's not the best, but i loved her in dreamgirls. sooo sexy :biggrin1:
 
I totally agree- we have the same taste in music. :wink:
and about the actual topic lol:

beyonce is a very good vocalist, but i have to agree with some here that her voice lacks depth and "soul." personally, my preference isnt the singer that can hit all of the high and low notes. i like a singer that can convey emotion even if there were no words in the song.

my faves are amy winehouse, erykah badu, gnarles barkley, lauryn hill, and so on in that fashion.

oh and the acting? she's not the best, but i loved her in dreamgirls. sooo sexy :biggrin1:
 
and about the actual topic lol:

beyonce is a very good vocalist, but i have to agree with some here that her voice lacks depth and "soul." personally, my preference isnt the singer that can hit all of the high and low notes. i like a singer that can convey emotion even if there were no words in the song.

my faves are amy winehouse, erykah badu, gnarles barkley, lauryn hill, and so on in that fashion.

oh and the acting? she's not the best, but i loved her in dreamgirls. sooo sexy :biggrin1:

GNARLS BARKLEY. Cee-Lo can sing those songs. No cutdowns and no opinions offered in those albums. Just gravy laden soul singin' in there with retro pop song styles. I love the St. Elsewhere and The Odd Couple albums.
 
GNARLS BARKLEY. Cee-Lo can sing those songs. No cutdowns and no opinions offered in those albums. Just gravy laden soul singin' in there with retro pop song styles. I love the St. Elsewhere and The Odd Couple albums.

YES!!! now that is a man that can convey some damn emotion!! happy, sad, depressed, anxious, excited, reflective...ive never felt so many emotions in an album! both of his LPs are incredible
 
i can't stand beyonce because she is sold out.
if she maybe did something under the radar like
veba,ursula rucker,saul williams,deborah anderson,
i would like her alot more.

i think kelis has more talent...sorry i agree with your friend.:redface:

i sure do love those catchy kelis tunes. "my milkshake brings all the boys to yard..." :biggrin1:
 
congrats, do u want a cookie for your near-sighted, narrow-minded observations?? i HAD A FEW DRINKS WHEN I FOUND THE VIDEOS, that has nothing to do with when i posted so get off your damn moral horse with your self-righteous sword and shield and find some-fucking-body else to hackle
You're posts make no sense.. that's the problem... "my homegirl" ? wtf..
 
Sade takes me right to Sleepy Town... SNORE! Never been a fan.

I admit that I do enjoy Beyonce. She has a good voice, but I agree that there's that "something" missing that maybe someone like Nina Simone had. The pain... the suffering... the loss... the emotion. Granted, Beyonce is still relatively young and I have no doubt she'll get there. Maybe after she has a kid or two... then she'll know REAL pain! :)

In the meantime, I wish she wouldn't do so much acting. It is most certainly not her strong-suit.

AMEN. LOVE her music but she definitely is lacking in the acting department. she may be stretching herself with her next flick (if she doesn't let us down). supposedly alicia keys is in it too but beyonce is definitely filming a biography about etta james. it may stretch her as a singer because etta is an emotive singer with a much lover voice. technically beyonce will be able to pull it off cuz she can sing in a male baritone but the test will be if she can put emotion in it without sounding like a classical singer
 
This reminds me of the recent Maria Carey V Elvis thread when someone took digs at me for saying I though Elvis had a better voice than Mariah.

I measure someone's singing 'ability' by deciding if I like to listen to them singing. For me, nothing else matters and while breaking it down to 'numbers' serves a purpose for some, it isn't the (concious) basis for my enjoyment (or not). That's surely something much more subjective, individual and beyond objective measure. Perhaps this is the quality remarked on by another as 'soul'. Whatever that really means in a singer I'd say it's hard to define and even harder to measure. And of course, some will hear it where another won't. Who's to say either is right or wrong?

By way of illustration, a poster earlier referred to Sade. Sade's voice makes my toes curl, I can listen to her for hours, whereas she makes others feel ill, bored or whatever.

Insulting one another over personal preferences such as this, as well as berating the artists themselves is mindless behaviour. It's like cursing someone for liking carrots simply because you don't.
 
Insulting one another over personal preferences such as this, as well as berating the artists themselves is mindless behaviour. It's like cursing someone for liking carrots simply because you don't.

that seems to happen a lot on this site, though i expected it. i posted the vids more for beyonce fans but i knew there'd be some namecalling towards beyonce and towards other members for posting in favor of or against her
 
This reminds me of the recent Maria Carey V Elvis thread when someone took digs at me for saying I though Elvis had a better voice than Mariah.

I measure someone's singing 'ability' by deciding if I like to listen to them singing. For me, nothing else matters and while breaking it down to 'numbers' serves a purpose for some, it isn't the (concious) basis for my enjoyment (or not). That's surely something much more subjective, individual and beyond objective measure. Perhaps this is the quality remarked on by another as 'soul'. Whatever that really means in a singer I'd say it's hard to define and even harder to measure. And of course, some will hear it where another won't. Who's to say either is right or wrong?

By way of illustration, a poster earlier referred to Sade. Sade's voice makes my toes curl, I can listen to her for hours, whereas she makes others feel ill, bored or whatever.

Insulting one another over personal preferences such as this, as well as berating the artists themselves is mindless behaviour. It's like cursing someone for liking carrots simply because you don't.

EXACTLY, well said. i understand people saying they don't like her music but to hear some say she can't sing is absurd, look singing up in the dictionary cuz she does exactly that. to say she can't sing is like if i built a house for someone and they say its not a house just cuz they don't like it