What book are you currently reading?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just got this from Amazon yesterday and almost half finished. It's really touching and I can't recommend it highly enough!
Silence Broken: Moving from a Loss of Innocence to a World of Healing and Love

Last edited:

JC4

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Im currently reading "what the dog saw" by Malcolm Gladwell....its Amazing..he's really good.

Blair was a fan of Trotsky. Just sayin. :p

I'm still reading Colditz, but it's got boring. :(

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I like this thread. I bought all my Christmas books for friends and family from the recommendations on this thread, and another thread in another place but from some of the same people if you know what I mean.

Two books.
The first is a gift from my daughter.
The Wasted Vigil by Nadeem Aslam, tells a tale that takes place in Afghanistan over the course of the last thirty years, while dipping into history back to the time of the Buddha. The book strongly evokes the atmosphere of Micheal Ondaate's The English Patient. It's a love story, a war story a story of fear, revenge and redemption. I'm liking this one.

The other book is 1434- The Year a Magnificent Chinese Fleet Sailed to Italy and Ignited the Renaissance by Gavin Menzies. The title pretty much says it all. It is a sequel to 1421 by the same author. Both books are very fascinating, with lots of information about the science and history of navigation, art, technology and discovery. But they are written in a very dry in somewhat boring prose. I got half way and now I am just skipping around, cherry picking the more interesting bits. It's worth a read.

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I usually read 2- 3 or even more books at the same time.

Right now it's "The Vampire Lestat" out of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles,
"Gone with the wind", Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility" and Goethe's "Faust".
Next one I am gonna get is "The divine comedy" by Dante Alighieri. I can't believe I haven't read it so far.

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I, too, tend to have three or four books going at the same time. Currently:

La Región Más Transparente, Carlos Fuentes

La Última Niebla, María Luisa Bombal

La Naissance du Jour, Colette

I'm not trying to be pissy, but these are the three book I'm sucked into right now and they are all very "torrid" in their way. :smile:

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm normally not into this sort of read but yesterday on the way home I picked up The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. It's pure escapism, with a riveting plot! It's written so that your imagination gets a thorough work out.