When listening to a song or watching a live band...

Which instrument stimulates your ears the most?

• Vocalist

• Drummer

• Lead Guitar

• Rhythm Guitar

• The guy most casual music listeners have no idea what he's doing aka the bass player.

Results are only viewable after voting.

There's this belief that the drummer and vocalist garner the most in female attraction, and the poor bass player is sometimes treated and looked at as a roadie that gets to be on stage with the rest of the guys.

Which instrument stimulates your eardrums the most?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I am gonna go with drummer because NEAL PEART

but i also love straight ahead jazz, so in that case i'd say upright bass. i had a HUGE crush on an upright bass player in college

also spanish guitar players a la paco de lucia

Reactions: MrScary

I should have added an "Other" option.

Paco De Lucia was a shredding monster. His music was and still just awe inspiring

Reactions: Enid

I am gonna go with drummer because NEAL PEART

but i also love straight ahead jazz, so in that case i'd say upright bass. i had a HUGE crush on an upright bass player in college

also spanish guitar players a la paco de lucia

I was a stubborn metal head back in high school and gained a newfound appreciation for the piano and upright bass after I saw the Esbjorn Svensson Trio just before Esbjorn died

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
None of the above, because I don't focus on individual instruments when listening to music.

I don't give two fucks about who plays what, or who the "lead".. I'm not there to check out the band members. I'm there to release the hate from my soul.

I'm not starstruck by celebs and honestly sometimes the attitude given off by some of these guys is a total turn off. Not everyone wants to get back stage and play with your dick (not your specifically, op... I'm concert jaded)

And yes, I've even had local performers who aren't remotely "famous" act like that. Not just well known, actual famous artists. I think some of them genuinely think that being a band member is an automatic pussy-pass. It's not.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Some of my fav bands/artists to see live:

Dying Fetus

Cannibal Corpse

Kottonmouth Kings

Tech N9ne

Twiztid

Insane Clown Posse

Awesome stage presence, and thoroughly cleansing of all the :mad::mad::mad: in me.

I also have to say, Santana. Epic shit. Love them in concert, every time.

None of the above, because I don't focus on individual instruments when listening to music.

I don't give two fucks about who plays what, or who the "lead".. I'm not there to check out the band members. I'm there to release the hate from my soul.

I'm not starstruck by celebs and honestly sometimes the attitude given off by some of these guys is a total turn off. Not everyone wants to get back stage and play with your dick (not your specifically, op... I'm concert jaded)

And yes, I've even had local performers who aren't remotely "famous" act like that. Not just well known, actual famous artists. I think some of them genuinely think that being a band member is an automatic pussy-pass. It's not.

I get what you're saying
I've shared stages with guys who thought just because they played instruments (and sometimes because they were pretty boys) they had that air that they were just so full of themselves.

Sometimes drummers get it easy because their skill is more visible and the instrument is more physical so even for the casual listener and viewer they can better understand what the drummer is doing to enhance the band's overall sound since they can SEE it; and because of this there's a stereotype among bandmates that vocalists and drummers get the most attention.

Chino of the Deftones is not that attractive of a man, but can make both men AND women swoon with his vocal range.

Speaking of vocal range though, Mike Patton is a man who can do the same, make both men and women just stand there jaws dropped as soon as he opens his mouth

Last edited by a moderator:

Some of my fav bands/artists to see live:

Dying Fetus

Cannibal Corpse

Kottonmouth Kings

Tech N9ne

Twiztid

Insane Clown Posse

Awesome stage presence, and thoroughly cleansing of all the :mad::mad::mad: in me.

I also have to say, Santana. Epic shit. Love them in concert, every time.

Pat o Brien and Alex Webster of Cannibal Corpse were my junior high and high school heros. My parents hated that phase so much, all I wore were Camo cutoffs and grew my hair out to lengths they couldnt stand.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Alex is pushing 50, and can still out headbang any young mosher.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

First, nice Meshuggah avatar...

Second, it uh really depends on the particular song. I played piano for years, was in different choirs for years, and have appreciated a broad range of music for a long time. I had a grandparent who thought it was awesome they could go see operas with me. Some songs the vocals really stand out to me. Others, the bass. Etc. Music is <3

First, nice Meshuggah avatar...

Second, it uh really depends on the particular song. I played piano for years, was in different choirs for years, and have appreciated a broad range of music for a long time. I had a grandparent who thought it was awesome they could go see operas with me. Some songs the vocals really stand out to me. Others, the bass. Etc. Music is <3

I stole an idea from Reddit and made my girlfriend a Valentine's Day card.

[Outside of card]

Roses are red
Violets are blue..

[inside of card]
BEAMS OF FIRE SWEEP THROUGH MY HEAD
*picture of Jens Kidman doing his signature eyes-rolling-to-the-back-of-his-head*

She shook her head.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's this belief that the drummer and vocalist garner the most in female attraction, and the poor bass player is sometimes treated and looked at as a roadie that gets to be on stage with the rest of the guys.

Which instrument stimulates your eardrums the most?
Strange, a cool bass riff can really get me going

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hmmm....I’m all about lyrics. But musically, I love keyboards - piano specifically. It totally depends on the song. Drums, bass, guitars....

I love intricacies of music, when it all comes together and takes me someplace.