White lie: Ignore or confront?

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you don't nip it in the bud now, there will only be more and bigger lies in the future. A snowball effect if you will.
This was my thinking, until I read lafever's post.

If he`s lying about his age it`s because deep down he has the hangup about the age difference, in other words he`s probably feeling like the old saying, robbing the cradle. Which is an old taboo that no longer applies in todays society due to the fact that people are living much longer and are much healthier than ever before. But was once highly scrutinized at one time.
But don`t forget he`s from the older times when that taboo applied, so deep down inside him he feels as though he`ll be rejected from you, it`s his insecurities that makes him feel as though he has to be dishonest.'
Know this, he loves you enough to lie to keep the relationship going, i know that sounds like a paradox and it is, in his mind lying is saving the relationship, i know this makes no sense(maybe it does)but you`re trying to get into the mind of an older man, so you have to think like one.
You`re obviously more mature than him, that`s typical though when it comes to woman vs. men.
Be gentle with him and don`t pressure him, he`ll feel like he`s being trapped in a bad way if you pester him, this will make him feel as though he will always have to tell you half lies and you don`t want that, a half lie is still a lie non the less.
Good luck in your endevours and know that sometimes you have to be the mature one even if he`s blind to what`s going on. Remember the saying, ignorance is bliss, just let him think your ok with whatever he tells you and in time his guilt will get the best of him, the closer you make him feel to you the more it`ll make him want to come clean.
Letting him do it in his time is not all that bad, it gives him the space to open up in other areas of the relationship.
Last but not least if he ever catches you in a lie you can throw him off balance by asking him why it`s okay for him to do so but not for you.
Sorta like a double standards kinda thing.
Well i hope this helps you, god bless, and if you really care about him know that he`s only human, born to make mistakes.

lafever:cool:
:smlove2:
I think you hit the nail on the head in explaining his lie or reasoning for the lie. I'm not good at being gentle, but i'll try because like I wrote earlier, I would like him as a friend if nothing else. I've been out of town for three weeks, but we are going to a game when I get back, i'll feel him out about the subject and bring it up in a gentle, non-trapping manner. Or at least I will give it my best PMSing woman try. :wink:
Thank you!