Why are so many British guys Circumcised?

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My guess is that the gay saunas are filled with cut yanks on holiday in London hoping to suck some uncut dick. (I know that was my first stop the last time I was in London!)

Hey, I'm a cut Yank who has a love affair with London. It's been my experience over my last few trips, which includes some popular gay saunas, that there are a lot of cut guys out there, more than I would have expected. To be sure, the overwhelming majority sport their elephant trunks, but it is hardly universal. I've seen a lot of cut dick out there, and they can't all be Jewish or Turks! Hey, in a few years with the way demographics are changing, all of you guys will have to submit to the knife.

williamkony

Legendary Member
Media
I am English and I am cut. However, I was cut as a young boy old due to a sport related injury in that area. At high school (80s), there was only one other boy who was cut (class of around 25 males) and he received so much abuse it was unreal. I spent 5 years in high school dodging being seen in the male showers so as to avoid similar abuse, so much so that I became quite expert in manoeuvring one's body so as not to have his cock being seen. This was all the more difficult as I excelled at sport and was always in and out of communal showers.

I am perhaps one of the rare minority who can, albeit now quite distant, remember masturbating both as cut and uncut and I would say that being uncut provides a little more pleasure as the foreskin moves back and forth.
Same experience at school, one of only two cut guys. We had rugby showers and had to walk naked to the showers in front of the rest of the class. Guys would rib us about having no skin.

Reactions: deleted81224

nick4zz

Cherished Member
Media
Same experience at school, one of only two cut guys. We had rugby showers and had to walk naked to the showers in front of the rest of the class. Guys would rib us about having no skin.

When I came to the UK in mid 1990s that was very much the experience I saw, in my school only one guy out of my year was cut, he'd been born in the US. For older generations (born 30s through 60s) I think the rate was higher but declined by about 10% a decade.

I see posts by those with a circumcision fetish who are adament the rates are much higher than they are. Having a preference one way or another is great by me, as a gay man I like the variety myself, but denial that the rate is maybe four times higher than it is strikes me as a psychological problem.

Reactions: williamkony

Acratopotes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I see posts by those with a circumcision fetish who are adament the rates are much higher than they are. Having a preference one way or another is great by me, as a gay man I like the variety myself, but denial that the rate is maybe four times higher than it is strikes me as a psychological problem.

That maybe the explanation or may not be. I went to a masturbation party in London once and I found the proportion of circumcised guys there was higher than where I live in a more rural part of the UK where I described my school experience earlier in the thread.

Obviously I couldn't be sure that other European-looking men weren't Jewish or Muslim and had been cut for that reason but certainly I didn't see many people of obviously ethnic appearance. That leaves me to think that for many it was a cosmetic choice. If a situation like this is where someone most often sees other men naked it will created a distorted impression of what the population as a whole is like.

Uncle Albert

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’m originally from a UK city of around 70,000 people and have only seen/known of a few people who have been cut. One is a good friend of mine, though he was bullied heavily for it at school.

I’ve played football all of my life and have shared communal showers with well over 200 people and I’ve maybe noticed 5.

easytwist

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I’m originally from a UK city of around 70,000 people and have only seen/known of a few people who have been cut. One is a good friend of mine, though he was bullied heavily for it at school.

I’ve played football all of my life and have shared communal showers with well over 200 people and I’ve maybe noticed 5.

It was the same deal for one of my cousins mates on this Five-Aside football team. He was cut and was teased for it. I played a few times with them when I was over. Totally the opposite where I grew up.

Tomsy9877

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I travel a lot and have to use motorway services I have to say around 25 to 30% of guys are cut 20's upward. Mind you these guys aren't ashamed of their status!
I travel the motorways a lot too, but I find most guys in the services cover up and are a bit shy showing. Not me of course I love to let it hang out, foreskin and all

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
As has been said numerous times before in this thread (including by me) it's completely pointless using London as a barometer when estimating the percentage of circumcised guys in the UK.

London hosts:
- a VERY large Jewish population, predominantly in North London
- a large Asian Muslim population
- a fairly significant African Muslim population
- a large number of Americans, working in the financial, technology and arts sectors (amongst others)
- a reasonably larger number of older Australians (35+, when circumcision was more widespread), doing the same

There are a number of other areas, such as West Yorkshire and the North West, plus several other cities, which are also unrepresentative, due to (in particular) higher than average Muslim populations.

6-10% (regional variations) is the generally quoted stat from the NHS and I've never seen any reason to disbelieve that. In some areas it's becoming as rare to find a circumcised guy as it is a smoker!

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm curious to know why so many British guys have been circumcised. Here in the UK it's only usually done at birth if you're Jewish or Muslim. I had my circumcision done when I was old enough to make up my own mind about it.

When I see dicks in communal showers or changing rooms I would estimate about 30% of the guys have cut dicks. Clearly they are not all Jewish and Muslim!

So have they all been cut because at some point their foreskin was too tight and has had to be removed for medical reasons?

Or are there guys who are choosing to get their dick cut for their own preference?

While I do think circumcision is a positive thing, it does surprise me how many British guys don't have a foreskin, given it's hardly ever done at birth except for religious reasons.
I’m not sure what area you live in or the mix of people but it’s extremly rare to see a cut guy in wales. From the guys I’ve been with, guys in the showers at the gym and sparked ds I have seen naked I can say none of them have been cut. May be a area / cultural thing

I’m not sure what area you live in or the mix of people but it’s extremly rare to see a cut guy in wales. From the guys I’ve been with, guys in the showers at the gym and sparked ds I have seen naked I can say none of them have been cut. May be a area / cultural thing

I spent a year or two in Cardiff and never had an encounter with a circumcised guy. I suspect that circumcision might be more popular with gay guys, partly because it is a gay fetish, but on a practical level, a tight foreskin and/or smegma isn't so good for oral. It is very bad though as a few have mentioned, that guys get teased for either being cut in Britain or uncut in the States.

Reactions: gymboy89

7inchbod

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Most British guys I know are uncut. Although I have no issues with guys who have it cut for personal preference - I don’t think it’s medically necessary at all. If your foreskin is tight then you can get a procedure called frenuloplasty, which is done to extend your frenulum and still keep the foreskin intact.

Some guys, especially Afro-Caribbean, get it cut for the prevention of Aids etc. Again I see no evidence of this at all. If the foreskin is the issue, then surely pulling it back and dabbing some water on it should keep it hygiene.

Having your dick cut should be the last resort after everything else is done. The sensitivity your foreskin gives when running against the head is simply priceless. My advice is to think 3 times before you cut that fella.

Reactions: JackM

gymboy89

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Most British guys I know are uncut. Although I have no issues with guys who have it cut for personal preference - I don’t think it’s medically necessary at all. If your foreskin is tight then you can get a procedure called frenuloplasty, which is done to extend your frenulum and still keep the foreskin intact.

Some guys, especially Afro-Caribbean, get it cut for the prevention of Aids etc. Again I see no evidence of this at all. If the foreskin is the issue, then surely pulling it back and dabbing some water on it should keep it hygiene.

Having your dick cut should be the last resort after everything else is done. The sensitivity your foreskin gives when running against the head is simply priceless. My advice is to think 3 times before you cut that fella.

The sensitivity of a lubed up tight circumcision is also priceless ;) I thought more than 3 times about getting cut and wish I’d done it sooner

Pecker Check

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wonder why I can't leave this controversy alone. I was circumsized as an infant and have NEVER regretted it -- or hated my parents for it. I was grossed out when I first saw an age-mate's uncircumsized penis and was even more so when I saw my first intact adult one. I've made it with plenty of uncut men, but always wished it/they were otherwise. OK. So what? My opinion is not likely to change, nor are those of the naturalists who rage about "mutilation." Ho hum. And yet here I am responding.