Why do we want to know what others think?

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm new here and have noticed that many guys want to know what other people think about their cocks. Is this some form of insecurity or just wanting support? It's a little like asking people if they like me or my body or if they think I'm attractive. Just wanting to know what you all think. Thanks.

:biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm new here and have noticed that many guys want to know what other people think about their cocks. Is this some form of insecurity or just wanting support? It's a little like asking people if they like me or my body or if they think I'm attractive. Just wanting to know what you all think. Thanks. :biggrin1:

Ding, ding, ding! You get the award for best question of the week! And no I am not being sarcastic. I have often wondered this in my brief time here. :confused:

IMHO the men who do this are either extremely insecure or exhibitionists. Then again, perhaps they are in a 6 month dry spell and just want confirmation that they are still attractive. :confused: :smile:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I vote for insecurity. I still don't understand it, either.

I haven't asked anyone to rate my cock pics on here; I haven't asked anyone to rate any other body part, either. (And yes, I know I don't still have a gallery. Yes, at one time, I did have nekkid pics in my gallery.)

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We live in a world that validates worth through physical beauty among other things. It is one of the biggest initial bargaining chips for personal interaction. Often people do not care how nice, brilliant, well mannered etc you are if there are not the physical characteristics to bring to the table. For men their members are a tangible symbol of their virility. They grow up comparing themselves to others. Why should LPSG be any different? How is this different from the women on the board who show their pics?

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It's a natural human need to want to feel normal and accepted. We are always seeking approval in some manner, as children we do it with our parents, friends, teachers. As adults we still do it with our friends and parents and add supervisors thru work.

We even seek it thru strangers. We will put on makeup or change clothes to run to the supermarket.

It's only normal to seek approval when it comes to our bodies and what society considers to be attractive at the time. In ancient Rome, large penises were considered a sign of vulgarity though sought out thru slaves. I imagine many men who wished to be seen as genteel sought approval for the "smallness" of their c***. :)

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you were insecure you wouldn't you feel uncomfortable showing your stuff here especially if you thought you were too small? No, I think it is narcicsism. They are seeking confirmation that yes they are studs in the size department. They are fishing for compliments and ego strokes. It gets boring really fast.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you were insecure you wouldn't you feel uncomfortable showing your stuff here especially if you thought you were too small? No, I think it is narcicsism. They are seeking confirmation that yes they are studs in the size department. They are fishing for compliments and ego strokes. It gets boring really fast.

I am insecure. I don't have much of an ego at all. It was killed years ago...

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
All kidding aside for a moment...there truly is a LOT going on psychologically for us men as we consider this topic.

I've spent the last several years reading really good material, much of it Christian-authored based. And amazingly, those authors get down to the nitty gritty.

Surprisingly, many of today's Christian authors have gotten bold and talked specifically about how natural it is for guys to worry over penis size, comparing themselves to other men, and NEEDING a sexual experience to help in "completing their manhood". It's deep-level stuff.
Today, we either scan over saying something like this, accept it or laugh it off, and then let it go. But it's profound when one attempts to understand all the depth this subject holds for us men.

Men yearn to be affirmed...that they're good enough and as good as other men. Perhaps indeed, men are predisposed to such inward desire (?). Men also need to be validated, too....be made to feel purposeful in life and capable of meeting another's need physically, emotionally, AND sexually. Men need to feel whole and completed. And sexual expression unarguably contributes to achieving this feeling of satisfaction in our earthly lives. *Notice however sex doesn't necessarily mean overall completion and fulfillment in life, it's just a part of it! Yes. --an important part.

For those who can tolerate it, there is one scripture (if I may) from Ephesians 5:33

"...and let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband (that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates, and esteems him and that she defers to him, praises him and loves and admires him exceeding. (the same meaning of scripture is found in 1 Peter 3:2 by the way.) AMPLIFIED VERSION OF BIBLE

One of the Christian authors answered this question for men (and women)
"WHY is oral sex so important to a man?" The reply? "Because it feels so good!" And--"...because men like to feel their penis is admired, appreciated, and highly valued".

Guys, we shouldn't feel too guilty then, to want our penises admired, should we? :smile: 'Seems we're made to be just that way.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Frizzie, are you being sarcastic or funny? I think you've got a big dick but it's just my opinion.

I agree it's insecurity, and wanting support.

I don't see why you are insecure, though. You look big to me. I'll trade you!

Haha cheers guys. I don't know, guess I'm the guy who always thinks the grass is greener on the other side? :tongue:

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

no more calls! we have a winner.....:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I also have noticed posts where guys actively solicit feedback on their pictures rather than leaving it to all to chance in regard to who opens their gallery and feels inspired to leave a rating or comment. I believe that most would not be as forward in situations less anonymous than the Internet. Although I cannot see myself doing it, I do not necessarily think ill of those who do. I figure it is part of what makes LPSG an interesting site for people who, for whatever reason, find the subject of dicks to be entertaining.

I am sure that men post their pictures on this site due to a variety of motivations. I suspect that my motivations are fairly typical: (1) partly, admittedly, because I have an ego about my genital endowment; (2) partly because, at times, I enjoy being an exhibitionist, and this site is a great venue for that; (3) partly because I am at an age where I realize that my looks won’t last forever, and I derive satisfaction from still feeling confident enough to have a gallery, and (4) partly because I simply enjoy the fun of being a full-fledged member of the LPSG community. This last one is a very important one. As with most men, I like my own dick. Also, not unlike a fair number of other guys, I like other men’s dicks, too. That being the case, LPSG is an amusing web site, and the galleries are part of what makes it fun.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I also have noticed posts where guys actively solicit feedback on their pictures rather than leaving it to all to chance in regard to who opens their gallery and feels inspired to leave a rating or comment. I believe that most would not be as forward in situations less anonymous than the Internet. Although I cannot see myself doing it, I do not necessarily think ill of those who do. I figure it is part of what makes LPSG an interesting site for people who, for whatever reason, find the subject of dicks to be entertaining.

I am sure that men post their pictures on this site due to a variety of motivations. I suspect that my motivations are fairly typical: (1) partly, admittedly, because I have an ego about my genital endowment; (2) partly because, at times, I enjoy being an exhibitionist, and this site is a great venue for that; (3) partly because I am at an age where I realize that my looks won’t last forever, and I derive satisfaction from still feeling confident enough to have a gallery, and (4) partly because I simply enjoy the fun of being a full-fledged member of the LPSG community. This last one is a very important one. As with most men, I like my own dick. Also, not unlike a fair number of other guys, I like other men’s dicks, too. That being the case, LPSG is an amusing web site, and the galleries are part of what makes it fun.

Great posts on this thread. Thanks for all the responses.

I agree with Fire Stick that most guys like their own dicks because they are the source of so much pleasure but also because they're a part of our bodies. My girlfriend likes to tease me about my interest in my own dick. She thinks I'm a little obessed. :biggrin1: