Why so many misconceptions with girth?

LemacST

Sexy Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Posts
1,065
Media
0
Likes
46
Points
183
Location
Ca
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gender
Male
Most people are already too stupid to know how to measure penis length properly but it's even worse with girth. The worst is when people estimate. This goes to both guys and girls. I remember some girl saying that "4 inch girth is the best!" and it was "the size of the bottom of a paper cut". No offense to whomever this might offend, but 4 inches isn't much at all and definitely nowhere near the bottom of a paper cup. Speaking of 4 inch girth, there were several females on here who measured their toys and found the girth was 4" (which is actually apparently the "standard" size for most dildos/vibrators/etc). Before they measured however I've seen some of these ladies guesstimate girth and come up with some very large numbers, which kind of throws everyone off and causes some morons to claim they have 7, 8, 9, etc. inches of girth. I've seen pictures of people here who's dick look slimmer than mine yet claim they have like 6" girth.

Okay, rant over. Feel free to post your real girth, whether it's your own penis or your toy if you're a lady.
 
as of today 6.2" lol , was 6" before p.e. I think its pretty thick.
If you want a real perspective on womens views on girth go and look up reviews of the rampant rabbit elite. Apparantly this is the thickest rabbit you can buy at about 5.25" girth and the women are going on about wow its soooo thick and how they need lots of lube with it!! Lol! Made me feel chuffed about my girth
 
Oh yes, and what *is* the proper way to measure/report girth...around mid-shaft, the base, the head, an average of these...what?

(I have my own idea, of course, but just want to know what the consensus is)
 
i think if your size fluctuates a lot along the shaft (i.e 4 at head 6 at mid shaft and 7 at base) you would add all three and find the average.

Im pretty much 6 all the way up to my glads which are usually around 5.75 so hell i just say im 6 around
 
as of today 6.2" lol , was 6" before p.e. I think its pretty thick.
If you want a real perspective on womens views on girth go and look up reviews of the rampant rabbit elite. Apparantly this is the thickest rabbit you can buy at about 5.25" girth and the women are going on about wow its soooo thick and how they need lots of lube with it!! Lol! Made me feel chuffed about my girth

That's what I'm saying.

Their perception is "wow it's so thick!" and guys here are like "MY GIRTH IS 6.8 INCHES!" so the girls assume "HMM THIS DILDO MUST BE LIKE 8 INCHES OF GIRTH THEN".

Girls start claiming 8 inches of girth is big and nice, then guys come in here claiming they are 15 inches long and have 8 inches of girth, LOL.
 
Maybe 4" *is* the best? At least for her... (Really, though, somewhere around 6" is what most women I know describe as "ideal")
Yeah, because they're deluded and misinformed.

Like I said, some women here were saying that 6" girth is the best and then they measured the allegedly "thick" toy they use and it only ended up being like 4.5" around.

Unlike length, girth has always stayed very consistent in the scientific surveys done on penis size and it's always roughly 5", usually a bit less. A difference in girth size is much more drastic than length. One inch of girth is basically the equivalent of two inches of length appearance-wise. This is yet another reason why these guesstimates are thrown around.
 
Oh yes, and what *is* the proper way to measure/report girth...around mid-shaft, the base, the head, an average of these...what?

(I have my own idea, of course, but just want to know what the consensus is)
like someone said, you basically average it out throughout the shaft, although that isn't really the fairest reading imo. some guys have giant heads and with relatively slim shafts. I think the fairest measurement would be to go by the most..err..consistent reading.
 
I am 6.5" mid shaft 7" at base, witch is as thick as my wrist, and at 8.5" to 9" in length my dick is as big or bigger than some of the womens forearmes that I have been with. So when I hear someone say they are 12" x 8" I just chuckle, either they have no conception of measure or are full of shit, or a little of both.
 
I am 6.5" mid shaft 7" at base, witch is as thick as my wrist, and at 8.5" to 9" in length my dick is as big or bigger than some of the womens forearmes that I have been with. So when I hear someone say they are 12" x 8" I just chuckle, either they have no conception of measure or are full of shit, or a little of both.
that's exactly what I'm saying.
 
I am extremely girthy (if that is the proper word for it) which ends up leading to alot of situations where i have to show it to prove it kind of thing. not that i mind of course! but i totally agree that most people have no idea how to estimate or measure girth, and then you get people who confuse diameter with circumference or just dont know the difference and it becomes a big jumbled mess.
 
I am 6.5" mid shaft 7" at base, witch is as thick as my wrist, and at 8.5" to 9" in length my dick is as big or bigger than some of the womens forearmes that I have been with. So when I hear someone say they are 12" x 8" I just chuckle, either they have no conception of measure or are full of shit, or a little of both.



great pics
 
A difference in girth size is much more drastic than length. One inch of girth is basically the equivalent of two inches of length appearance-wise.

It's also MUCH harder to estimate girth just by looking. I think that is because it's a three-dimensional judgment (around the shaft) rather than a two-dimensional judgment (along the shaft). Also, people tend to use accepted proportions, so if the proportions are unexpected, it throws off the guess.

For example, I think that my girth makes me look a little shorter lengthwise, and conversely, my length can make me seem less girthy. Until you hold it in your hand, you don't get a good idea of the size.