will republicans vote black

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think it depends on the Rapethepublican. Some Rapethepublicans are even black like, Clarence Thomas, Condaleeza Rice, and Colin Powell.

There are racist Demoncrats. I have a few friends who are Demoncrats and very pro-Hillary because well, "They don't do chocolate." It makes me want to vomit, I tell you.

Racism isn't exclusive to one party, unfortunately.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you really think of it, after 8 years of Bush, what's the best way to influence the election to get another Republican in ? Well, reregister as a Democrat, vote against Hillary Clinton to push O'bama as the candidate, then when you vote in November (as a Democrat), you vote McCain ? After that you re-register as a Republican and life is good for at least 4 more years.

As Simcha alluded, there are sexists/racists in any party, so what's from stopping those in the Democratic party from casting Republican/McCain votes in November 2008 ? I believe this election really has the potential to be one of the biggest blowouts ever. Would I predict it ? Possibly not, but if it turned out that way, you were at least warned here first. Perhaps a bigger question, should Hillary lose, would Democratic support from her side, would they vote O'bama ?

widenine

Experimental Member
Media
I do like the depth of your posts. This tactic has been used often times by republicans in the past. I'm surprised that there isn't a mechanism in place to prevent it. Which state are you from?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it depends on the Rapethepublican. Some Rapethepublicans are even black like, Clarence Thomas, Condaleeza Rice, and Colin Powell.

There are racist Demoncrats. I have a few friends who are Demoncrats and very pro-Hillary because well, "They don't do chocolate." It makes me want to vomit, I tell you.

Racism isn't exclusive to one party, unfortunately.
Yes you make a good point. However most people dont vote on skin color and just simply follow the party line. Thats normal. I wont be voting for him because he isnt a Republican. Would most lifetime Democrats vote for Clarence Thomas? I will also say i think he will be the next president simply by default. Mrs. Clinton? (forget about it). McCain? (a joke).

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Will Republicans let democrats have a black President?

Poking the stick in the hive... nice try buddy.

I saw Colin Powell speak recently, and heard a number of ppl wish he'd run for president... and given the context of where it was, it wasn't People's Park in Berkeley.

The modern day Republican frightens you, because the race card is no longer valid to throw in their face.

Bush league statement. Grow up.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As Simcha alluded, there are sexists/racists in any party, so what's from stopping those in the Democratic party from casting Republican/McCain votes in November 2008 ? I believe this election really has the potential to be one of the biggest blowouts ever. Would I predict it ? Possibly not, but if it turned out that way, you were at least warned here first. Perhaps a bigger question, should Hillary lose, would Democratic support from her side, would they vote O'bama ?

Love the back and forth internal debate here.. very my style.

Interesting everyone sweating over the presidential bid....

Last I checked Bush's approval rating is 30%.

Congress is 18%

What the F are we going to do with Congress... If McCain or Obama or in office... our lives/changes wont' mean much.

To me Congress has the greater effect (or lack thereof) on our day to day lives.

Wake up ppl 30% vs 18%

18% of ppl like Congress, if you have ANY iota of belief that Bush is wrong, and popular opinion is valid, than wake up to Congress....jezuz ppl.

widenine

Experimental Member
Media
Frankly, an awakening to thirty or eighteen percent approval anywhere in the political arena is unacceptable. The president is suppose to be both leader and motivator... one who inspires. We had high expectations of congress when the republicans were asked to leave their seats. It's been a struggle the whole time. I'm an independent by nature and preference and refuse to follow either stampede to the watering hole. I trust my gut and my intuition about americans. I don't trust polls! We need a leader who can inspire our nation and it's politicians. I believe that.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Frankly, an awakening to thirty or eighteen percent approval anywhere in the political arena is unacceptable. The president is suppose to be both leader and motivator... one who inspires. We had high expectations of congress when the republicans were asked to leave their seats. It's been a struggle the whole time. I'm an independent by nature and preference and refuse to follow either stampede to the watering hole. I trust my gut and my intuition about americans. I don't trust polls! We need a leader who can inspire our nation and it's politicians. I believe that.

Last I checked.. it was a 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 system. I truly believe that.

I think the judicial branch is slowly turning around. Presidential... I honestly feel the differences between the right/left are so slight and indifferent... but congress on the other hand... they are supposed to fight for their constituents... and it's become Washington-based posturing and hand outs. Maybe that's the libertarian/republican part of me, that says let us rule locally... but at a minimum, I thought that is what Congressional reps at least represents us for... but it's become more global/national grandstanding.

I don't need Tom Lantos speaking out against Turkish genocide 200 yrs ago.. I need plans for education and getting loathesome ppl off of welfare, vs the ppl that need welfare for the short-term.

If you look at history of a good working congress, it is not what you see today.. 400+ mini-presidents, vs reps fighting for local representation and not leverage their district's tax revenue (disclosure: I come from a top 10 tax producing district both from a corporate/industry and public/citizen standpoint, so I have a right to bitch, as our production hardly comes back to us)

widenine

Experimental Member
Media
Disclosue? sounds like were becoming friends :) And that's o.k.
Well, I have a few disclosures as well. One is that I'm afraid of "letting us rule locally".
I feel safer with strong federal laws against discrimination and other
american traditions. Not to be trite, because I don't believe you're sanctioning these practices, but I've had rough experiences at he local level. I can't
get away from them and the stories I've heard about recent killings in he south.
In trying times, I believe the worst can surface from those least suspected. That's why I'm excited to see a cross section of complete public lunacy around Obama. We are acting together.

widenine

Experimental Member
Media
I heard a rumor that Rice would be running as a Republican vice president to help them defeat Obama. I'm voting for Obama by the way.
I read that in a blog yesterday. Sounds rather bizarre to me. First of all, as i the case of Colin Powell, I don't believe she's that Republican.. deep down. I can't see here deliberately eclipsing Obama and such an historic moment in this country. Just my humble opinion.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
18% of ppl like Congress, if you have ANY iota of belief that Bush is wrong, and popular opinion is valid, than wake up to Congress....jezuz ppl.
Congress is pretty much stalemated so they are mostly powerless. I think a Democratic landslide in the Congress would make a big difference.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
When you really think of it, after 8 years of Bush, what's the best way to influence the election to get another Republican in ? Well, reregister as a Democrat, vote against Hillary Clinton to push O'bama as the candidate, then when you vote in November (as a Democrat), you vote McCain ? After that you re-register as a Republican and life is good for at least 4 more years.

Wait and watch this be true.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do like the depth of your posts. This tactic has been used often times by republicans in the past. I'm surprised that there isn't a mechanism in place to prevent it. Which state are you from?

Florida, and the mechanism in place is your voter registration application form and it's protected. Anyone can change their party affiliations by simply indicating it when they surrender their current registration card and resubmit a new/change form. Dec. 31, 2007, that was 29 days before our primary.

Register to Vote - Division of Elections - Department of State

"Book Closing/Registration Deadline. back

In order to vote in an upcoming election, you must be registered before the registration books are closed for the respective election. The registration deadline for an election in Florida is 29 days before the election. If you are submitting a new registration application, your registration date will be the date that your completed application is postmarked or hand-delivered to the office of any Supervisor of Elections, the Division of Elections, a driver’s license office, a voter registration agency, or an armed forces recruitment office. If your application is complete and you are qualified as a voter, the Supervisor of Elections for your respective county of residence will send you a voter information card. This card will serve as official notification of your registration. If you do not receive your card within three weeks, or if you have any questions regarding your registration, please call your county Supervisor of Elections."

Dates Registration Closes for 2008 Election

• Presidential Preference Primary Election... December 31, 2007
  • Primary Election ........................................... July 28, 2008
  • General Election ........................................... October 6, 2008
Notice: Please check with your respective county Supervisor of Elections for registration book closing deadlines applicable for other elections.

Primary Election State/Political Party Affiliationback

Florida is a closed primary election state. That means, only voters who are registered members of the two major political parties (Democrats and Republicans) may vote in a primary election for partisan candidates. Registered minor political party voters and voters who register without a party affiliation are not eligible to voter for major party candidates in a primary election. However, if all candidates for an office in an election have the same party affiliation and the winner will have no opposition in the general election, all qualified voters, regardless of party affiliation, may vote in the primary election. Also regardless of party affiliation, all registered voters can vote on issues and non-partisan candidates.
A list of all political parties registered in Florida is available on the Division of Elections’ website at: http://election.dos.state.fl.us/online/parties.shtml.

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Before Colin Powell decided he wasn't going to run for president after all, he was on the Tonight Show and Jay gave him what would have been one of the best campaign slogans out there:

"General Powell - or - general confusion ?"

I like Michael Steele, but he's not well known.
Michael S. Steele - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Love the back and forth internal debate here.. very my style.

Interesting everyone sweating over the presidential bid....

Last I checked Bush's approval rating is 30%.
Congress is 18%

What the F are we going to do with Congress... If McCain or Obama or in office... our lives/changes wont' mean much.

To me Congress has the greater effect (or lack thereof) on our day to day lives.

Wake up ppl 30% vs 18%

30 & 18 %, we're screwed regardless of which we try to vote/fix first. This "newest age of terrorism", whoever is President will get anything they want, as long as they can tie it to national security somehow. Look at what Bush got away with and Kerry tried the stand against the Bush agenda and it was used quite effectively to defeat him in the last election. When it comes to national security, it'll come down to throwing the kitchen sink in terms of money at it and worry about accountability and responsibility later. We've had nearly 8 years of it and by the time that there's a congressional inquiry, the defense will always be, "we did not know what would happen, we did it anyway and look America hasn't been attacked to the magnitude of 9/11/2001." We see C-Span cover it for weeks on end, in the end they certify it as a "closed" case and everyone moves on with a bigger deficit/national debt. A document/report is created even giving it the official "we did the right thing" conclusion. Not too shabby/bad for $ 1/2 trillion dollars ? You can even get a copy of it.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The modern day Republican frightens you, because the race card is no longer valid to throw in their face.

Not really, race and gender cards are merely tools. Racism and sexism is alive and doing well, regardless of party affiliation. The smarter of the racial and sexist bigots will realize they can't change either but for the potential of the tool to manipulate the process for the desired resultant outcome. A means to an end. Perhaps it's why Bush wanders the globe with the biggest, smirkiest, sh*t eating grin on his face ?

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I do like the depth of your posts.
I am afraid i am not that deep but I do like to get to the point.

Let? It's hardly up to them to "let" anything happen.
Bet me! Where have you been and under what rock!

Poking the stick in the hive... nice try buddy.

I like to think of it as a specialty!
No one has poked this issue yet but they will! These are the primaries for the nomination for the party. Some idiots think it's the election. Wait for the real race to begin! Thats when this party starts.