Women's Issues Random Thoughts

Aid Access.org

Tried to edit into the first post. I suspect gremlins were involved in pushing for a double post.
If I wrote “I feel your pain.”, would you feel the enormity of my unbridled sincerity?:D

I have some Random Thoughts. Let us commence kvetching.

My Gold membership, which I was given 16 years ago, was taken away recently. Sitting shivah was not necessary for my loss as I only used the “dearly departed” for the 20 minute editing privilege. As my posting is now sporadic, and self-limited to a few forums and fewer minutes; the 20 minutes to edit—that I thought I still had—was more than enough. I had lost interest in the rest of the site years ago; so, logically and economically, it would not be prudent for me to purchase a Gold membership for how I was now using the site. “But…YEEHAW! It gets better!”:eek: I recently discovered that my 20 minute editing privileges had gone AWOL, too. Holy excrement on a stick! I’m down to a whopping five minutes. (I had a good analogy for this involving SCOTUS and Texas, but I have chosen to err on the side of restraint.) “SHAZAM! Wait! There’s more!” The Report function is now MIA—which I would sometimes use to ask to repair a faux pas in a post after 20 minutes had lapsed. I know that the @MickeyLee BatCatFromHell-via-PM-Repair-Service is highly efficient and amazingly reliable, but I hate to PM for what those expletive deleted gremlins nefariously do to my posts after I’ve been a responsible LPSG member and done numerous proof readings—and for what I could once do for myself under previous time constraints. Aarrgghh! (I remember when we had an hour to edit. Thanks to @ActionBuddy and others, 20 minutes became the norm when the hour went south.)

And, so…in conclusion—and facetiously doing so: Some might feel a need to go all Boris Johnson on my ass, and idiosyncratically say, “…but them’s the breaks…”; and/or, further, pontificate to me that these are the casualties of progress—“One must evolve and be malleable.” Alrighty then. You go with that, Sparky. Thank you for going deep and pulling that out of your rectum. However, I am going to be unusually prescient, taking the safe route on the high road, be assuaged and ameliorated, and go with @MickeyLee’s astute assertion to place full ownership of the blame for the recent unwelcome malfeasance entirely on the aforementioned “expletive deleted” gremlins.:D

Please feel free to choose your own favorite expletive to insert and then delete. I’m feeling generous. Also, in sticking in and pulling out your expletive, please remember to be in compliance with the TOS and the SCOTUS.

Be safe. Be good. Have a great summer. Over. And. Out..
 
If only there was a way to prevent pregnancy besides abortion.
JFC.

abortion doesn’t “prevent a pregnancy.”
contraceptives and sterilization do, as well as not boinking the opposite sex.

only the last is 100 percent, and then if you add rape… not 100 percent.


abstinent girls and women, like the ** yo in Ohio, are not using contraception.
 
These "pro-life" fucks would have let me DIE when I had my ectopic pregnancy 13 years ago. I would have died before ever having chance to speak to any of you.

These "pro-life" fucks would have made me carry my dead daughters body inside mine for 3 months because she passed away 6 months into gestation. They would have forced me to give birth to her dead body instead of letting the doctors who cared for me remove her from me gently and without me being awake for it.

They would have let me bleed out without medical care during my miscarriage last year.


All 3 of my failed pregnancies are events they would absolutely have made exponentially worse by being "pro-life". THE FUCKS WOULD HAVE LET ME DIE WITH MY ALREADY DEAD BABY.

Pro life my fucking asshole. Fucking LIARS. GODDAMN FUCKING LIARS! Tell me how much you care about the life when you want to take away food stamps and welfare. Tell me how much you care about the fetus, until it's BORN. Once that happens? Get your fucking bootstraps bitch, pull yourself up you LEECHES!!

Hypocrite-ass-fucks. Sit down and shut up.
 
Last edited:
Ah, yes. The current misused battle cry of the transactionally loved “uneducated” mindless minions of the disgraced twice-impeached Florida retiree—“1776”— was about separating from an overweight demented sociopathic tyrant, not about restoring one. Ugh. But, per the cartoon, the religious right are, as always, the religious wrong. Separation of church and state needs to be restored immediately and strictly adhered to, Perhaps Clarence, Ginni, and the others of the Federalist Society owned SCOTUS—in taking rights away—will go after religious freedom, too. To quote TNJ: “Hypocrite-ass-fucks. Sit down and shut up.”:mad:
There needs to be a "TnJ is a bad bitch and I lurve her" …[…]…
There does. The RLG needs to be restored, too. It is needed.
These "pro-life" fucks would have let me DIE when I had my ectopic pregnancy 13 years ago. I would have died before ever having chance to speak to any of you.

These "pro-life" fucks would have made me carry my dead daughters body inside mine for 3 months because she passed away 6 months into gestation. They would have forced me to give birth to her dead body instead of letting the doctors who cared for me remove her from me gently and without me being awake for it.

They would have let me bleed out without medical care during my miscarriage last year.


All 3 of my failed pregnancies are events they would absolutely have made exponentially worse by being "pro-life". THE FUCKS WOULD HAVE LET ME DIE WITH MY ALREADY DEAD BABY.

Pro life my fucking asshole. Fucking LIARS. GODDAMN FUCKING LIARS! Tell me how much you care about the life when you want to take away food stamps and welfare. Tell me how much you care about the fetus, until it's BORN. Once that happens? Get your fucking bootstraps bitch, pull yourself up you LEECHES!!

Hypocrite-ass-fucks. Sit down and shut up.
@Tight_N_Juicy Your post is brilliant and heart-breaking. I’ve been haunted by it since reading it earlier today; so, I decided to come in and post in response. I wasn’t sure LIKE was the appropriate response, but it was the best the site currently offers. While I would not wish what life has done to you—on you or anyone—I applaud and am in awe of the raw courage and searing insight for what you have bravely shared with us once again. You have affected many with your posts; and, undoubtedly, have helped many: Thank you for what you contribute to the site. Your unique uncompromising no-holds-barred voice is very much needed—now—more than ever.

A whole lot of good karma should be coming your way. You are so deserving and so overdue in receiving.

Continue to be you. Over and out.:cool:
 
There's no such thing as "abortion up until the moment of birth" I won't waste my time responding directly to the walking red flag, instead, I will educate anyone who would like to be a bit more well informed.

The first trimester is up to 13 weeks.
Second trimester is between 13 and 26 weeks.
Third trimester is between 27 weeks and up to 42 weeks, but some can come as early as 38 weeks.

Less than 10% of all abortions happen within the second trimester, and there is not a single state in which abortion is legal after 24 weeks.

7.7% at 14 to 20 weeks
1.2% at or after 21 weeks

That means 91% of all abortions happen before 13 weeks.

Abortions that happen later in the second trimester are almost always due to extreme circumstances. Risk to mothers life and extreme fetal abnormalities.

Keeping in mind that a woman can not generally know that are pregnant until around 5 or 6 weeks after gestation, that gives them, regardless of financial status, domestic situation (abuse) , mental health, emotional well being or ability to travel in, around or outside of their state - only an additional 7 weeks to get into a doctor to get the procedure, or at max 5 weeks for the pill, as medical abortion can only be taken up to 10 weeks to maintain within the first trimester.

Please note "Late Term Abortion" is not a medically recognized term, it's a politically recognized term.

"Late Term" means a pregnancy that lasts 41 to 42 weeks, when the average pregnancy is only 40 weeks.

Pregnancy that lasts beyond 42 weeks is medically considered "postterm"

A miscarriage is medically defined as a "spontaneous abortion" up to 20 weeks.

In 2019 (last record I could find) 93% of all abortions happened before the 14th week.

9 in every 100 women who are taking birth control will still get pregnant every year. Birth control, when taken perfectly, pills are 99% effective, when taken typically, they are only 91%. Missed pill, you threw up within an hour of taking the pill, you ate or drank something or even took an antibiotic that could interfere with your birth control.

Statistics show that over half of all women who get an abortion are on some form of birth control.

A quick search shows me two things, as of 2018 there was 4.4 million women who use an IUD, also ~1% of women with an IUD will get pregnant, that's 40,000+ women. I'm sure that number is higher as of 2022, but I have zero desire to currently dig that deep.


What this all comes down to is this. You may have your own beliefs. You may not use those beliefs to take rights and safety away from anyone.

If you can not see the harm already being done to women, and not just those seeking abortion, but those who are being denied medications they've been on, because they can be deadly to any future fetus they may carry, being denied birth control at the pharmacy, plan b at the pharmacy, the ability to buy condoms at the pharmacy, medications to move along a miscarriage that is not leaving the system (and can kill you with infection) at the pharmacy, the list is ever growing.

If you can not see this is not only about abortion rights, but the rights of women as a whole and the right to medical privacy, you are not only willfully ignorant but are simply part of the problem.

This was my Ted Talk, I won't be taking any questions. Thank you.