Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So, rape underwear is a thing:

Teenage girl's underwear considered as evidence against her in rape trial

The implication seems to be that if you aren't walking around in a chastity belt, to which you have presumably swallowed the key - just to be sure - it's a fair assumption you are offering sex.

Jesus Christ!

Y’know, I thought we’d moved on here in Ireland, out from under the influence of the Catholic Church and its social repression. I thought as a culture we’d grown, we embraced same sex marriage, outted pedophiles in our communities and churches, elected an openly gay prime minister, voted for women to have choice... and now this?

I’m floored... disappointed doesn’t come close. Her dress sense had absolutely no relevance to the case. Even if she decided to go commando, this does not give *anyone* license to assault or violate her...

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

E98IA8i.gif

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is disgusting. I hope that judge loses her job at the first opportunity.

It's not the judge, that was my point. In the eyes of the law, in Washington state at least, that was an appropriate sentence for a man who raped a woman while she was overdosing, failed to get her medical attention, let her die, and then tried to dispose of her corpse so no one would find it. Less than three years.

Reactions: MickeyLee and g0nz0

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That is disgusting. I hope that judge loses her job at the first opportunity.
Please, everyone read more than just headlines, and get a second source for an article before you accept it.

The fact is, the judge herself said that the punishment was inadequate. That's the exact word she used. She went on to say that she was bound by sentencing guidelines or somesuch and that it was the maximum she was legally allowed to give him. She said she wanted to do more. Don't blame her.

Reactions: g0nz0 and 693987

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Please, everyone read more than just headlines, and get a second source for an article before you accept it.

You're right, and I apologize. I was doing a quick scan of unread threads. My reaction was to the sentence but emotionally expressed in terms of the judge. I should have read the source before posting.

g0nz0

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sadly, very true. I feel like we took a wrong turn somewhere back in 2016, and we're still bumbling along off the main highway, wondering where we put the map....

This isn't a Trump / GOP thing. A lot of these players are Dems. This is a women are second class citizens thing,

Reactions: g0nz0

g0nz0

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This isn't a Trump / GOP thing. A lot of these players are Dems. This is a women are second class citizens thing,

Thats exactly what I'm talking about ... I'm Irish, so I'm probably thinking more with a local slant, but we have numerous similar incidents over the past year or two, including a pretty high profile rape trial...

I wasn't referring to Trumpf or American politics at all...wasn't even referring to European politics :)

Reactions: Enid and TexanStar