I would agree.....but after seeing how drugs have destroyed my loves relationship with her youngest son of 5 boys....how it has devastated her heart, her tears....his using, lies, theft, turning to trafficking..it has gutted her..He is facing a prison sentence. It's terrible.
I am beyond words now to help. So many people now feel responsible for others adult actions.........In law, people use others actions as as defence for their own actions..
Just as well our returned servicemen did not use Hitler or the Emperor of Japan as their defence for their actions.
Otherwise, none of us would be here. NONE. I don't do drugs............I have tried them in the past......but I find, for me, I don't need them, does not make me a judge of others or their hardships.
Just that I am speaking from my little space in the world.
My little space does not need to agree with your little space 100% for me to understand![]()
This is what we have grappled with also. But it's the attitude which drugs bring.I have an estranged sister who has addiction issues, I've lost several friends over the years to several substances.
The thing is, if those substances were legal, and regulated with a system in place to HELP people who get addicted many if not all of them may still be alive.
If we didn't simply dismiss the addicted as "junkies" and blame them for "poor life choices" (because non-addicts *never* make bad decisions of their own) this would be a completely different issue.
![]()
Yep.I am not a liberal, but I have several liberal views. I am not a conservative, but I have several conservative views. By most Trump supporters and Neocons I would be categorized as a "Libtard" after they very begrudgingly said "thank you for your service"; in spite having previously voted for Bush, Dole, Bush once and then Obama based on how I felt about their abilities vice their politics. Last election I did not vote because both of the candidates looked down their noses at people like me. In hindsight I would have voted for Clinton had I known how toxic, unstable, illiterate, and fucking stupid this racist stuck up prick would be.
Right now Biden and Harris are exactly what the country needs and that was how I voted.
I voted for a person that is experienced, fully understands government and can compromise supported by a person that fully understands & embraces the law whom is also experienced and fully understands government. They are both sensible and moderate enough that they should be able to at least get us back on track.
Anything other than that and I would be pissing on not only my entire legacy but everyone who cannot defend themselves; and potentially the future of my family and their families.
This was not the election to make political statements about the two party system.
There is a lesson here for everyone and this election was about our survival, not just about politics.
I am a former ferret person. All things fuzzy and slinky get the heart strings tugged wildly. Also, the Barbara Dana Zucchini book series from my own personal wayback machine
The mutation in Covid is scary.
You know when you scroll too fast and half read something? Your brain kind of processes it but not quite?
I had to scroll back up to this post because I thought it said that wayback you had a ferret called David Duchovny.
In my defence, I have had very little sleep this week following your election coverage
Mulder was a nobod without Scully,I would totally name a ferret Agent Mulder.
You might have misread my post, but you read the truth posted on my soul.
Also. This election has fused my phone to my hand, feeling ya.
Mulder was a nobod without Scully,![]()
My love, sisters and daughters do the eye roll quite well thanks. Well versed and attuned tooScully is my facial expressions of excellence hero.
Scully taught Jessica Jones everything she knows about eyerolling.
You missed the point entirely, therby illustrating my point.
I agree completely that Trump is a repulsive individual. What I am saying is that Democrats can't let this anger against Trump to blind them from the fact that they are not reaching and resonating with almost 50% of the population.
Why? because bringing the country together is the only rational way forward. They need to get to understand the perspectives of - not Trump's base, but - those more moderate conservatives that they don't reach.
The GOP need to do this too. A lot of soul searching needed for both sides...
Biden at least gets this. I just don't know if he has anywhere near the political capital, capabilites and charisma to pull it off. By comparison, it is very obvious Trump does not.
Same.Looking like Donny boy is THE FUCK OUT.
I want to celebrate, but I don't wanna keep my hopes too high.
Don't celebrate yetLooking like Donny boy is THE FUCK OUT.
I want to celebrate, but I don't wanna keep my hopes too high.
Looking like Donny boy is THE FUCK OUT.
I want to celebrate, but I don't wanna keep my hopes too high.
As they say...it ain't over till isn't over. Until I see his lard-laden ass boarding that helicopter on January 20th and then hopefully on his way to an orange jumpsuit to match the rest of him, I won't rest easy. Plenty of fuckery left in him, his GOP enablers and his dictator-loving mob of violence-prone supporters which unfortunately consists of almost half of the United States. Even if it is officially called, there's still the issue of his accepting it as well as his cult's response and even then that still leaves more than two months left of this national nightmare where anything can happen. Even in his defeat, I still will find only small comfort.
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.