99% Gay, 1% Straight
There is an old saying "it is easier to love a rich man, than a poor man."

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was typing something much more strident and erased it. :rolleyes:

All I'll say is that one gets what one seeks in life. If you compromise your ability to love for material comfort, you'll never be satisfied with anything.

QFMT.

You should marry someone who you can spend the rest of your life with, mutually planning to build and sustain a lasting relationship. Marrying for money is stupid.

And like BBucko said, you get back the energy you put out. Marrying for cash is not a positive thing and will not yield positive results.

I'd rather be broke with my man and family than rich and miserable with someone I can't stand.

tiggerpoo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Tiggerpoo should be here.
Tiggerpoo is here.
But WHY do you say I should be here???
True, I'm wealthy. :biggrin1:
True, I'm 61 and my gf is 24. :biggrin1:
But we became friends/lovers before she knew I had money. :biggrin1::biggrin1:
But, my good friends, money helps life get along.
One can't do much about penis size but one can do a lot about one's bank balance. Work on your bank balance. It pays dividends. :smile:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't recall off hand right now but i think it was Burt Reynolds that said :

" I've been rich and miserable , I've been poor and miserable. I'd much rather be rich and miserable. "

I'm not saying i agree or that it's "right". Just an interesting perspective.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
????? I don't feel that my ability to love is being compromised at all. The comment you quoted was a response to one I quoted, but never mind that. I will admit I am slightly materialistic, I like nice things. But I don't believe it will lead to an insatiable emotional state. How I see it, love right now has no meaning to me. I am 21 and there is so much that I have to do before I physically and emotionally get involved with anyone.

I "one day" would love to fall in love, but right now, I just want to have fun..............and if its with HIS money, I don't mind.

I'll give you some benefit of the doubt here, and presume that, at the age of 21, you've never had your heart broken because you're skittish about all that emotional stuff, not that you've sealed off that side of life from your options menu.

In my entire life, I've met one person who claimed to have never been in love. He was in his early 40s. Six months of frustration later, I understood exactly how much truth he'd spoken. And I'd met him after the Range Rover had been repoed.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My partner is older than me and people made the jokes about "sugar daddy" and such initially. However, I was the one working and helping him thru school at the time. hahaha Guess I was a "sugar boy" hahaha ...

AS far as the OP goes... I couldn't do it. I've had offers like that...but I'd feel like a whore without the love. Slut status I know and love.. but whore? ugh... Ultimately, you have to be able to live with yourself for doing something like that...maybe she can.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is better to be alone than miserable. To marry a jerk who is a millionaire is only hurting yourself. If you find a nice guy who is a millionaire you can grow to love him.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
QFMT.

You should marry someone who you can spend the rest of your life with, mutually planning to build and sustain a lasting relationship. Marrying for money is stupid.

And like BBucko said, you get back the energy you put out. Marrying for cash is not a positive thing and will not yield positive results.

I'd rather be broke with my man and family than rich and miserable with someone I can't stand.

Some people will never understand how little money actually buys, sweetheart.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My partner is older than me and people made the jokes about "sugar daddy" and such initially. However, I was the one working and helping him thru school at the time. hahaha Guess I was a "sugar boy" hahaha ...

My partner is older than me too, and I am sure people assume the same thing (incorrectly). Sugar boy--nice name for it. Having you walking around the house naked and cleaning (or in shirts and ties) can never be a bad thing.

Ultimately, you have to be able to live with yourself for doing something like that...maybe she can.

People delude themselves into believing far less on a regular basis. Few people are really happy, which is why the prospect of marrying for wealth entices them--they assume that the money and credit will make them happier when nothing could be further from the truth. Happiness comes from within, not without.

Media
I see this subject has been well represented from all sides and even a few that made me shudder a little bit.

Sure, I'd rather be rich and miserable but who's to say that miserable has to be my lot in life? There is a miserable we endure in working towards any kind of progress. Another word for it is sacrifice.

It is true, what you put out into the universe, the universe responds in kind.
For me as I understand it, this is a physical law. Probably only noticeable to those who's awareness level allows them to be conscious of it.

A close friend told me this last when while discussing how painful change can be at times, especially when you know it's time to "let go" of the old and make way for the new...

"It is most important to make ourselves uncomfortable in order to grow in the direction of ultimate comfort and happiness, I think.
I also believe there are no opportunities beyond the ones we create for ourselves. That requires ambition and natural curiosity."

And if those opportunities happen to bring wealth, I believe I am well suited for it and capable of maintaining a happy balance with whom ever life sends my way. I won't settle for anything less.

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am a Pisces. I want to settle for love. I am smart enough to try and get my own money.
I wouldn't marry solely and mostly for money. If I wanted that, I would've dated men with it.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd really prefer to love the guy. However, I have to admit, that with my current financial situation and constant worrying about whether I will be homeless in the near future, an old rich guy would be tempting to me! YIKES! I never thought it'd come to that. I'd definitely prefer to make my own way in life financially though, and marry for love.

Plus there's the fact that I just don't find most men who are way, way older than me to be attractive. I usually go for younger men! (Maybe I should find me a young trust fund baby to marry! :biggrin1:)

However, if I can get a steady job again, I will not be tempted to "settle" just for money. Now if I loved a guy, and he just happened to have money, hey, why not? :smile: I really don't have the goal "to never have to work again". My goal is "to be able to have a steady job and not be fired or laid off again" - and eventually to find love.

I once faced the same situation. I briefly dated a sorority girl in university that was extremely wealthy (picked her up at a keg party that was thrown by my fraternity). We were about the same age (I was probably a couple of years older since I started university late so I could work for a few years first) and she was really into me. She was good looking, nice body, and great in bed, but there was no spark for me. I tried dating her a few more times, but there was just nothing there, so I ended it. My friends told me I was crazy, but I couldn't be with someone just because they had money. I was the absolute epitome of a starving student at the time, but I can honestly say I wasn't even tempted to stay with her because she had $$.

My wife and I were both broke and massively in debt to student loans when we got together, but we weathered the financial storms and it made us stronger as a couple. We live a comfortable life now, but we are by no means rich. I never wanted to be all about money (probably because I saw my father and brother always chasing the almighty $ and it made me realize what I didn't want to be like). I know I made the right choice because I love my wife more than anything in this world. I would have been miserable staying with someone I didn't love just for the $$ and I would have felt like a two bit whore if I did it. It wouldn't have been fair to me, and it absolutely wouldn't have been fair to her. While she wasn't the one for me, she deserved to have someone love her for who she is, not how much money she has. I haven't seen her in over 13 years, but I truly hope that she has found someone and is happy. Everyone deserves that much in life. My integrity, pride and self respect is far more important to me than any amount of money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some people will never understand how little money actually buys, sweetheart.

People delude themselves into believing far less on a regular basis. Few people are really happy, which is why the prospect of marrying for wealth entices them--they assume that the money and credit will make them happier when nothing could be further from the truth. Happiness comes from within, not without.

QFMFT

As it was and always shall be.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Never.
Plus, I'm certain I'd earn it, too.

No choice: love or lust. I've had plenty of chances to "marry" for money and none of them held any appeal whatsoever.
Exactly... love, lust, and a good connection.
Sometimes you meet someone and *bam* a wow moment/person that you know will enrich your life, not necessarily make you rich. :yup:

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Yes and no.

I've done ok, so I wouldn't settle for money, but she would have to have some goals or career ambition. I'm a goal setter and tend to be attracted to the same, sometimes money comes with personality. But like I said, it can be goal oriented, you want to be a Marine Biologist, just work to be the best one you can possibly be, don't have to be on TV doing it making huge coin lol.