WTF is Bug Chasing about anyways?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
The internet is lousy with sites where guys fantasise/bullshit/disclose their personal desires to become infected with HIV via unprotected sex, or indeed their exploits in achieving their goals and I've even encountered one or two bug chasers in real life over the years.

Can anyone explain to me what is sexually arrousing or psychologically stimulating about the idea of catching an STD? There are guys who don't even seem to care which STD they catch, and the sexual stimulus for them doesn't even seem to be in BB but actually in the diseases they may have or may catch from engaging in BB sex with queues of strangers in dark rooms. What's the turn on in becoming reinfected with multiple strains of HIV?

Is there some crossover with Red, I mean is the urge which drives someone to try to catch HIV the same self-harming urge which drives someone to want to be slashed with razor blades, or hung by their skin on hooks? Or is bug chasing more pathological than that even?

Does one have to be to some extent or other mentally ill or psychologically damaged to want to damage one's body and endanger one's life in this way?

I really don't get it, and I'm pretty open minded.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't get it either. I had two friends and when one was infected with HIV the other contracted it as a suicide love pact. I've never been able to make sense of it.

draw22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Watch the documentary I Love being HIV+, so disturbing, once a young dude tried hitting me up online on a4a years back and he had anything goes on his profile, i questioned him on it and no more messages, he was only 20....its crazy as helll! that young and no care at all!! dudes on c-list...lost of bug chasers and gift givers just crazy ness!!

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Watch the documentary I Love being HIV+, so disturbing, once a young dude tried hitting me up online on a4a years back and he had anything goes on his profile, i questioned him on it and no more messages, he was only 20....its crazy as helll! that young and no care at all!! dudes on c-list...lost of bug chasers and gift givers just crazy ness!!

Oh shit yeah, I forgot about the other side of the coin! "Gift-givers" What in the hell is that about? How does someone get sexual pleasure from having infected someone else? :confused:

Last edited:

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have an acquaintance who intentionally went out of his way to catch HIV about 5 years ago. His 'logic' was that he now knows he has it and does not have to 'worry' and found it 'liberating'. He is not a youngin' (about my age) and an intelligent and accomplished educator....I really can not wrap my mind around it. Another disturbing thing I have heard from younger folks is "by the time I get sick, they will have found a cure'....ummm...HELLO!!??!!...it's been 30 years.

My guess is that some people view people living with long term HIV and the miracle of suppression meds as making HIV a chronic, manageable disease...like diabetes. I wish they could talk to people I know who are on those meds and hear firsthand some of the God-awful side effects (and cost) involved before making a conscience decision to become infected.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
First, Let me clarify..I DON'T get it either!!

However, trying to think about it in their terms, the only concept I can think of for chasers is the thrill of risk??

Stupid, nonetheless :mad:

Ah you see that's what mystifies me, because risk taking behaviour is incredibly common in humans, however there is usually a definable benefit involved in the risk, so one can rationalise the risk taking. However in this case the whole point is that the behaviour isn't intended to be risky, the intent to become infected and there's no definable benefit, or am I missing something?

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ah you see that's what mystifies me, because risk taking behaviour is incredibly common in humans, however there is usually a definable benefit involved in the risk, so one can rationalise the risk taking. However in this case the whole point is that the behaviour isn't intended to be risky, the intent to become infected and there's no definable benefit, or am I missing something?

There's no benefit in Russian Roulette either . . .

andydrew

1st Like
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Interesting thread.

I really can't understand it either. I love getting fucked, but I'm so terrified about getting HIV that I am paranoid about letting a guy fuck me even with a condom.

I'm currently on holiday in Gran Canaria, and the amount of unprotected sex that goes on in the back rooms is scary. I want to shout at them "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE RISKING"!

Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's the same thing that makes people do anything high-risk, I imagine. That is, it's a way of taking charge of how you die, much like drinking or eating yourself to death. However, infecting others shows an actual vindictive hate of fellow humans that is possibly shared by mass murderers.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
It's the same thing that makes people do anything high-risk, I imagine. That is, it's a way of taking charge of how you die, much like drinking or eating yourself to death. However, infecting others shows an actual vindictive hate of fellow humans that is possibly shared by mass murderers.

I actually understand that urge very well, I can see what you mean about the desire to be in charge of your own mortality.

I'm interested in your view of so called "Gift-givers" so do you think there's something malevolent about what they do?

Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I actually understand that urge very well, I can see what you mean about the desire to charge of your own mortality.

I'm interested in your view of so called "Gift-givers" so do you think there's something malevolent about what they do?

The gift of death? Why don't they join the army then, or become assassins? Far be it from me to pass moral judgment on killing fellow humans out of context. Soylent Green is delicious.