eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

That was sweet, thanks Mem.

I think you might really like this singer if you haven't already heard of her...

Natacha Atlas - Gafsa

Her music is mystical and beautiful...it's make me feel like I am back in Arabia...

It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing that.

There was a chant (and no, I can't remember the artist) created to the story of "Skeleton Woman". You wouldn't happen to know that one, would you?

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing that.

There was a chant (and no, I can't remember the artist) created to the story of "Skeleton Woman". You wouldn't happen to know that one, would you?

Hi MB, well I had a look about and I couldn't find anything...but I think it was an Inuit chant? I found this inuit chant which is beautiful indeed....ignore the first 15 seconds...just seems to be distorted, then it kicks off....

Please let me know about this 'Skeleton Woman'....was it filmed, or played in a theatre or playhouse?

Here's the link...

Inuit Chant

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"Skeleton Woman" is an old Inuit tale about a fisherman who finds the catch of a lifetime. It's one of my favourites and an beautiful description of the life/death/life cycle.

I enjoyed that MB. Quite scary and haunting....but a fine end, and a fireside tale to be sure.

Hi MB, well I had a look about and I couldn't find anything...but I think it was an Inuit chant? I found this inuit chant which is beautiful indeed....ignore the first 15 seconds...just seems to be distorted, then it kicks off....

Please let me know about this 'Skeleton Woman'....was it filmed, or played in a theatre or playhouse?

Here's the link...

Inuit Chant

That first part? It's not distortion. It's a recording of two women "wind witching." They show illustrations of it in the beginning. Basically it's two women kissing open mouth and then breathing through each other. It makes that sound you hear in the opening. Why they do this I don't remember but I do recall seeing it once in boarding school in a documentary movie about the Inuit.