Age Difference

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK - so men of a certain age at some point face the inevitable quandry of how young of a woman they will date. I just had this happen to me this past week.
I went to uber trendy salon to make an appointment for a haircut and when I walked in I nearly passed out at how beautiful the receptionist was. I mean - I was nearly rendered speechless. She was 5'7", a size two with double Ds, thin hips, naturally very blonde, piercing light blue eyes, she hung from her cheekbones. She makes Ivanka trump look like she was beaten with the ugly stick and I think Ivanka trump is stunning.
So I asked the woman who was cutting my hair about the receptionist and she has known me for years and said "NO! Christopher - you STAY AWAY from her! She is 19!".
Well - fuck me running. I could have cried.
Many friends laughed at my bad luck. But I figured - "Why not ask her out? I mean, she is of the age for legal consent. Besides wanting to have marathon sex with this girl, even if that didn't happen she would be quite the social arm trophy and she is delightful, lovely personality."
SO - after spending a day and evening of socializing I popped 'round the salon to ask her out for lunch or espresso and she wasn't working.
Am I absolutely out of line in wanting to at least know her as a person? And if she actually liked me - go from there? What do you think? Thanks!

D_Amyntas Lillydong

Account Disabled
Media
Some women like older guys. I say roll with it. This one woman I knew when she was 17 dated a guy who was 38. Then when she was 19 a guy in his mid-fifties. Her friend they're both around thirty now, dates guys in their fifties. This friend of mine is still attracted to guys in their forties, she is just closer in age to them now.

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah it's just about what each of your preferences are. Some girls like older, father figure types. And really, you're not old. If anything, you can work the maturity card to your advantage. Maybe she's tired of dating young guys with no stability? Age is just a number my friend.

Alllllllllso, didn't notice you were from Michigan before. Where is this salon so I can see what you're lusting over?

Some women like older guys. I say roll with it. This one woman I knew when she was 17 dated a guy who was 38. Then when she was 19 a guy in his mid-fifties. Her friend they're both around thirty now, dates guys in their fifties. This friend of mine is still attracted to guys in their forties, she is just closer in age to them now.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A.) She is old enough to smoke, although I don't think she does.
B.) Age is just a number
C.) Whenever I am in the neighborhood I will pop back in and see what happens (and report back)
D.) Thanks for the input!

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do what your heart tells you. If the worst thing people have to say about her is she is too young and you like her go for it. Age is really just a number.

Last edited:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm sure this will change as I age, but I don't have much to do with women my age or younger. For some reason they seem to be too immature (there are exceptions though of course). I prefer women in their late 20's to mid 30's. We seem to be on the same maturity level

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Age, and especially age differences, can be a good indicator of many things. But what it really boils down to is not your chronological ages, but your intellectual and emotional ages. If you have good rapport, a large number of common interests, and you just have a good time together, go for it.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that I would not date anyone more than 10 years younger than me, and that is stretching it and depends on the person.

When you were 18 she was born. How does Happy 18th Birthday your future wife was born today sound?

I think it's creepy to date a 19 y.o.kid in your late 30's. You can't even take her to a club for 2 years.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
lol. Yes Mem. All of your thoughts have occurred to me as well which is precisely why I made this thread. Thanks for your input. For the record, I would not even consider such a thing if there was not some kind of pleasant rapport.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In the end, to each his/her own, and I don't mind anyone else's business. I know that over 10 year difference is not right for me.

In the Gay community it is a little different. There is no stigma about the younger man older woman thing.

Ideally I would like to find a partner that is around my same age.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know Mem - ideally I would prefer a partner within ten years of my age as well. But sometimes things don't work out as we think they will. And having pretty much always having dated older women since I was in my early 20s, dating older women now and wanting to be married and have children and a family I need to reverse the target demographic here. lol.
Thanks Snakey!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Plus, you don't want the "is this your daughter" questions. :biggrin1:

My father is a bit younger than my mother. They both looked youthful till my mother became ill. One time in the hospital they were bringing my mother back into the room after an exam and the orderly said to my father "okay, here's your mother."