Age Differences

BIG_AL69

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"The laws of love are written in the heart of every human being by the hand of God".

"I have never met a person whose greatest need was anything other than real, unconditional love. You can find it in a simple act of kindness toward someone who needs help. There is no mistaking love. You feel it in your heart. It is the common fiber of life, the flame that heals our soul, energizes our spirit and supplies passion to our lives. It is our connection to God and to each other."

this is one way to put:

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
there are different ages. Sometimes its good to know their gay age. How long have they been out. I would rather be with someone who is older or younger as long as they have already been out. You could be my age, but if you are just coming out it would never work. My parter and I were 17 years apart.

slate_australis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If you are in a relationship with someone who makes you happy. Then the age immaterial.

PERSONALLY, however, I've had sex with someone ...14 years older, that was fine. But I cannot see myself in a relationship with someone that much older.

Equally, I am being "pursued" by a 19yo - most of my gay friend think I'm silly to have a problem with it.... but I do.

So my age range of comfort is 22-32 - but you never know... something could change my view... mind you even the 22 would have to be VERY mature. I like someone a bit more worldly - I've been generally lucky.

Last edited:

poomoz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a male business associate (we share offices) who is my age - mid 40's who 'meet' a Canadian 18 yo boy on the internet. The boy came to Australia, a virgin and lived with him for 3 months, the boy traveled around Oz a bit, the business associate went to Canada to meet the parents ( the boy came out while he was in OZ). And in the preceding 12 months the have not seen each other.

It is not the experience I had when I was 18, finding my 1st true love (we are still married and Happy), I find it a bit sad and feel the boy was taken advantage of, maybe I am just a romantic and/or out of touch/or straight

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
my partner of almost 11 yrs is 16 yrs older than me. Honestly, I never asked his age. I just wanted to know when his bday was so i could buy him a gift. I thought we were about the same age. hahaha So imagine my surprise 3 yrs ago when i found out what year he was born. :) not that it mattered. Honestly, it doesn't even matter that he's a he. :) When it comes to relationships you ultimately want the person you spend your life with to be your friend...all that matters is the heart and mind connection. The sex stuff is a perk cuz that kinda falls by the wayside when you're older. :)

Also, this guy is my first and only BF I've ever had. All females till he popped into the pic. We met 2 months after i started fooling around with guys. Never let him escape. :)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am 41 and my girl is 27, we honestly never even think about it, and since people look at me think I'm 33-34 tops, nobody else does either. I say do your thing and enjoy your life.
Isn't it funny how these things happen. Until fairly recently I only dated men who were +/- 5 years of my age. :confused: I'm 42 and my boyfriend is 28. Fortunately black don't crack, so his friends all thought I was his age or younger. :biggrin1:

voyeuristic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have a bit of a rep as a cradle-robber...I've been perhaps a bit overzealous about dating younger guys as a rule (with women I've gone both ways, and the love of my life is 9 years younger than me) to combat the far more common opposite trend; even going so far as to faux-freak if a guy was a year or two older than me. In the past year I've had a pretty big crush on two different guys who are roughly a decade my senior, though - both extremely fit and hip - so I seem to be more open to expanding the field lately. Honestly, I'm a bit weary of seeing guys in their 50s write personals looking for women who are "25-35"...seems like they're in denial about the fact that they're aging too, and may not be as tight/pretty as they once were. In a way no one can blame them for having their heads turned by nubile youth, but it baffles me how the phenomenon mostly seems to affect men - maybe women are more swayed by money.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
When I was younger I liked my women and men to be slightly older than I,
finding those younger than I not of interest at all. But, when I married my
wife, she was 3 years younger than I.

I have been in a commited relationship for over 20 years and he is 11 years
my junior. I originally thought that as we aged, that the difference in ages
just might widen and that there possibly could be problems, but so far, we've
been able to weather all obsticales and happy.

Age is really immaterial, since it is the brain and heart that will ultermately
make the final decision for you.

John Estes

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can go and appreciate both ways, though I've always had a thing for women that are older than me. It's easier to impress younger women though.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My first long-term relationship was with a woman 13 years older than me. I knew she was older but not how much. It didn't matter to me, as it was her I was interested in, not her age.

I'm friends with a couple who've been together now for eight years. The younger guy was 21 when they got together and the older one 69. The younger guy had to do all the chasing as the older guy was more bothered by the age gap - especially given that he was nearly 20 years older than the young one's dad.

At the end of the day, your ages really only seem to matter to people outside the relationship. They're entitled to their opinions, but they should keep them to themselves.

lpsg17

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For me, age does not make a difference. Some younger guys act older and older guys act younger, I think what matters more a connection on all levels; if you have the mental, spiritual and physcial connection, that is the most important thing. I think being able to share and listen and connect is where it is at, if you can do those things, sex should be even better and more staisfying.

B_bi_mmf

Expert Member
Media
I'd replace "spiritual" with "emotional", but otherwise very well put. I agree totally.

For me, age does not make a difference. Some younger guys act older and older guys act younger, I think what matters more a connection on all levels; if you have the mental, spiritual and physical connection, that is the most important thing. I think being able to share and listen and connect is where it is at, if you can do those things, sex should be even better and more satisfying.

Last edited:

anoushka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was 37, I had a girlfriend who was 22. We cared for each other and we were friends, so in the end it did not make much of a difference.

I'm 39 now and my girlfriend is the same age as I am. To me it is about the person, not the number.