American Idol

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I actually like the rockers. I like Bo more though. He, Vonzelle and Carrie are the ones that I think will make the top 3.

Paula is starting to really get on my nerves though...she never has anything truly constructive to add anymore.

Pices2325

Experimental Member
Media
I think that Nadia rocked out loud! She didn't have the best voice, and I think she knew that, but her presence and stage performance were just so outstanding.

I liked Mikalah actually. She wasn't as good of a singer as the rest of the people, but she was one of the only people who actual personality and wasn't afraid of what people thought of her as. I don't believe at all that she was fat!

Now Scott on the other hand...he just ticks me off. I was suprised when he made it in like the very beginning when they were at the hotel in those groups of like 3 and they stayed up all night...I was suprised he made it through then...imagine how angry I am now that he is still in!!!! Almost everyone that has been voted off is better than him. He has no personality and tries to act like someone he's not. And with that whole girlfriend abuse thing...HELLO? is this the kind of guy you want to have as an idol? Grrr, don't even get me started!

Carrie is my favorite by far. Vonzell is next, she is a very good performer. I don't like the 2 rockers (Bo and Constantine) but I can stand them.

Just felt like me, and American Idol junkie should tell ya'll my opinions!

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Because of my work schedule, I've never really gotten to watch American Idol, but I respect a good singer quite a bit.

Tuning in to catch the Simpsons tonight I find instead that Fox is doing a Top 40 music special and it has me thinking about American Idol. These top 40 acts are sort of taking a risk, I think, by doing this show in the age of American Idol. I mean, this guy Ryan Cabrera just left the stage after a wobbly-voiced, off-key, pointless performance and surely suffered in the eyes of the American Idol fans, I'd think.

Now, I'm certainly a fan of less than stellar singing voices if they are amazing songwriters (I'm not as impressed with well-enunciated or big-range vocallists than of great songwriters), but JEEZ! This guy was neither one!

And here comes Avril Lavigne.... :eyes:

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
OK, I take it all back.

After seeing that McCartney kid and Hillary Duff do their lipsync thing, I have to offer a (tiny) bit of grudging respect to those willing to display their true "talent."

And I have to say: wasn't that lead singer for Maroon 5 just AWFUL! I mean, I'm as happy as anyone to see a tenor voice fronting a rock band, but that performance was so nasal and off-key. Ugh.

Why am I still watching this?

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
And I have to say: wasn't that lead singer for Maroon 5 just AWFUL! I mean, I'm as happy as anyone to see a tenor voice fronting a rock band, but that performance was so nasal and off-key. Ugh.

Heh. Yes, I've heard that a LOT about him. Comments on his voice are always accompianed by the words "studio" singer or something-proofs (referring to some computer voice enhancement program I'm sure. Oh well, manufactured or not, I still love that one song....

rich_cabeza2002

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Apr 21 2005, 09:31 AM
I actually like the rockers. I like Bo more though. He, Vonzelle and Carrie are the ones that I think will make the top 3.

Paula is starting to really get on my nerves though...she never has anything truly constructive to add anymore.
[post=302889]Quoted post[/post]​
I have to agree with you Texassgirl.Those are the three I picked for the top 3. I hate Constantine though. Want to smack him upside the head.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
I agree that Constantine sucked last night but a few weeks back he kicked ass singing Bohemian Rhapsody. I think the residuals from that will keep him alive.

My bet - Scott gets the boot.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Okay, so Constantine was the guy that I knew on the show. I met him through a friend of mine who was also on the RENT tour with him. Although, he is by no means the best singer, he is indeed a hell of a lot better than Scott. I just don't get how he has managed to stay in the competition so long. Nadia and Anwar are so much better than he ever could be. I had originally thought that people voted on popularity not by talent but as far as Scott is concerned, I just do not get it. I mean :wtf:

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I actually like Constantine, but admit that I didn't think he was the best singer. He had great appeal to the audience. What I loved about Constantine and that he wasn't afraid to venture into different song types. He had more fun with it, and therefore made it more fun for me to watch him.

Scott sings well, but I've concluded that he just sounds good because he sings the same type of song each time. He never picks a challenging song. Based on that, I think he actually sucks and I think American is starting to catch on to that. I really hate Scott more because he's such an ass, so full of himself, and I have a real problem with woman beaters anyway.

I'm really shocked that Scott wasn't even in the bottom 3 last night. The only thing I can think of is that Simon's comments about him needing to pack his bags made people feel sorry for him.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I totally agree with you. He has had a bad attitude since the auditions. I also would have thought that his girlfriend beating would have severely hurt him in the voting throughout this entire process. This is gonna sound really shallow but I don't really care but he looks like a pig to me. Literally! I think he is a total asshole and he is in dire need of an attitude adjustment.

rich_cabeza2002

Experimental Member
Media
I was so happy to see Constantine go. Sorry to the fans of Constantine. I just thought he was a total arrogant poser. He reminded me of David Coverdale of Whitesnake. Nothing wrong with Whitesnake, but Constantine needs to get his own act. I was shocked to see Vonzel in the bottom three. I agree with Texass Girl, Scott should have been down there.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I didn't think Constantine was arrogant at all. Scott is and there's no one that can deny that.

I finally found out why that jackass is still in the running. There's websites out there asking people to vote for the worst. *shakes head in disappointment*

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I heard that on the news today. I can't believe that there are morons out there starting up websites devoted to keeping that loser Scott on just because he is the one who should be booted off. He is a pig who looks like Bobby Hill, with a bad attitude who beat up his girlfriend. Actually, I'm surprised that his girlfriend didn't beat him up, because as fat as he is, he probably couldn't run too fast and if she was on the tall side, she could probably open up a can of whoop ass on him and give it to him good! He needs to go!

The best singer on there was Anwar because he is the one who truly sang like a trained musician, but that's not what America wants. They want a pop star, not a "real" singer doing pop music. He just didn't have the draw, but technique-wise he was the best.

We'll see what happens in this round of voting...I'm praying that fat-ass gets booted, but who knows what will happen.