An old Indian Saying about humans...

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Marley, I love having you on ignore. I know it's almost automatic that you are going to make a snippy remark to anything I post. :biggrin1:

Of course I am you sorry fuck. If you'd left me on ignore (even after I extended an olive branch) I would've let it fall by the wayside but you continued to post in my threads and take cheap shots at me, so I post as if you don't have my on ignore because your version of ignore is blocking my posts while still making comments directed towards me.

Man I just remembered this demented girl who would catch frogs, pull off their hind legs, put them in jars of hot water, and watch them struggle to get out. What a whack job. That whole family was mean.

I remember at camp people used to take little frogs and throw them on the ground so hard they would splatter and die. I wish I could've done the same to those pricks, some people simply don't respect any animal they're not shoving in their mouth.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Early on when Europe first colonized the new world (16th century) pilgrims needed only there genetics to combat indians, so many of them died out from our illness's they had no antibodies to fight, they were left freely to expand there settlements without response from what was left of the tribes. And then we have the blankets infected with disease we so generously gave them later on.

Those blankets were infected ON PURPOSE.

As for me, I rescue horses that were abused or starved, so I imagine they would have great things to say about me. I even rescued the dog and cat I now have. My cat hates anyone but me, and my dog loves everyone but won't listen to anyone but me. (She's a terrible watchdog, and a horrible navigator--she could easily get lost in a dead-end alley)

An old Indian legend I heard when I was younger came from an old Cherokee woman I once knew. Since I am Cherokee, I knew many.

It goes something like this:
In the beginning, man had a wonderful relationship with all the creatures. Especially dog and cat. Dog thought man was the greatest and cat just loved man's lap for sleeping.

But man had done something to piss off the Great Spirit. So the Great Spirit decided that as punishment, He would separate man from the animals. So He split the ground with animals on one side and man on the other.

Dog just could not bear to be without man. Neither could cat. So before the chasm got too wide, dog and cat jumped over to man's side at the last second.

That's why today dogs and cats are easily man's best friends.

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
i treat my dog well i think he brings luck to my investments, whenever i lock him up or something, and go trade fx/cfds, i don't have good days either, whenever i treat him kindly, throw him some chicken or pat him on the head, and sits next to me, i make gains. and no, i hate superstitions, but if theres one that seems to be true for some reason, it's being kind to ur pets. the indians might be right here

D

deleted213967

Our dog was spoiled rotten and had rights my siblings and I never had as children (e.g. sleeping with mom & dad under the covers, ...).

We were his pets, not the opposite.

So we should be judging him now, not the opposite.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Don't judge the dog, judge the dog owner.

I miss some of my pet buddies that have died. I had a hamster that would escape in the night and come hunt me down in my bed. I had a dog that would lay across my lap while I weeded flower beds (it was bro's dog), we had a lot of dogs through the years.

There is one female dog on my route named cocoa. Every day she gets her vitamin/mineral treat. Good thing too. I thought I saw slight signs of pregnancy. The owners didn't notice. One day she had a single pup. Mother and baby are both doing fine. The one thing I don't like is she licks my leg. ewwww

I gave over a dozen fine animal hand puppets to the children's section of our library. I gave them all in honor of a dog I knew. She was bow-legged, and her eyes were crossed and bugged. You should have such a life. Someone dumped her on my friend's front lawn. That dog slept on silk sheets, and ate from china plates.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
An old Indian legend I heard when I was younger came from an old Cherokee woman I once knew. Since I am Cherokee, I knew many.

In the beginning, man had a wonderful relationship with all the creatures. Especially dog and cat. Dog thought man was the greatest and cat just loved man's lap for sleeping.

But man had done something to piss off the Great Spirit. So the Great Spirit decided that as punishment, He would separate man from the animals. So He split the ground with animals on one side and man on the other.

Dog just could not bear to be without man. Neither could cat. So before the chasm got too wide, dog and cat jumped over to man's side at the last second.

that is a very sweet story :smile:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

hmmm

separation myth is universal (captures the split of man from, his isolation from, and his opposition to creation)

although not generally understood as such, that is the central meaning of the ouster from the Garden of Eden, and is pre-supposed by Shambala, the meeting place where man can again commune with animals, and so on with other myths, etc., etc.

so the story rings true, in part

in part not -- cats were unknown to the pre-Columbian Amerindians

cats came over with the Europeans

Last edited:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The closest I've been able to come to actually weeping in the last 25 years was after the death of pet bird who'd been with me for a decade. He was quite a lively personality and a reliable source of humor and companionship.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
cats were unknown to the pre-Columbian Amerindians

Domesticated cats, yes, but "Pre-Columbians" in North and South America were quite familiar with felines... some as mortal enemies... Cougars (Mountain Lions), panthers, jaguars, bobcats, etc.

And although long ago extinct, the legendary Smilodon, the fierce saber-toothed "tiger".

Onan

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
hmmm

separation myth is universal (captures the split of man from, his isolation from, and his opposition to creation)

although not generally understood as such, that is the central meaning of the ouster from the Garden of Eden, and is pre-supposed by Shambala, the meeting place where man can again commune with animals, and so on with other myths, etc., etc.

so the story rings true, in part

in part not -- cats were unknown to the pre-Columbian Amerindians

Maybe so. But I like our version better!! :tongue: