Ask an aussie anything!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No. They are bad over here. We also have less Ozzie themed junk on the walls.

The service, food and the Bloomin' Onion are much better in the US based restaurants.

Well, I guess that that the OUTBACK Steakhouse restaurants in Australia are like "WHAT-ever, mate. We live here. We are in Australia." :biggrin1: That would be like having Lone Star Steakhouse and Saloon in the States. We are like "WHAT-ever!!! Cowboy oriented steakhouse theme.:rolleyes:"

At the OUTBACK Steakhouse near where I live in the States...I get the OUTBACK Prime Rib grilled WELLDONE and double steamed vegetables. No dessert. (They never have a good dessert there.)

I have had the grilled pork chops with the marmalade sauce. THAT was really good. But they discontinued it.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Vegemite and Marmite aren't palatable American breakfast spreads. More for Britons and Australians, though.

I actually love Marmite. I had it for the first time in Wales in September and brought a small bottle home which is rapidly being depleted. :biggrin1:

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Funny; that's not what happened when I tried it. :puke:

Let's stick to beer. Has Brisbane got a brew of its own? Or what brand is most popular there?

I dunno why we like it, but we do!

The main brewery in brisbane is castlemaine perkins, and their main beer is XXXX. Its a pretty run of the mill beer, however its very widely available and pretty popular here. My favourite australian brewers would have to be Coopers (from south australia) and Tooheys (from new south wales).

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I actually love Marmite. I had it for the first time in Wales in September and brought a small bottle home which is rapidly being depleted. :biggrin1:

Vegemite and Marmite aren't palatable American breakfast spreads. More for Britons, Australians, and...

...Nick8. :rolleyes::wink:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

For US-based LPSG-ers:

I have found a website, based in the States, where you can order some things imported from Australia. You can order food...candy...shirts...hats...etcetera.

Check the site out: About Australia.
They take credit card, money orders, or checks for payment and shipping.

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do Aussies really think about:

A. Kylie Minogue?

B. Nick Cave?

C. Noah Taylor?

D. Roger Whittaker?

I think most australians have a good deal of respect and admiration for kylie. She's seen a bit like the girl next door who made it to international stardom. To be honest though i had to look up the other 3 :redface: maybe i'm too young, or just not music oriented enough :p

D

deleted213967

Does it piss you off when characters in a sci-fi movie say things like "It is Spring back on Earth" ignoring your entire hemisphere?

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is Clyde a common name in Australia and do you only put shrimps on Barbie or do you allow Barbie to play with other sizes as well?

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is Clyde a common name in Australia and do you only put shrimps on Barbie or do you allow Barbie to play with other sizes as well?

I can safely say that i do not know of anybody named clyde, so I suppose its not very common. Oh and Barbie can get some quite large pieces of meat here, shrimps aren't that popular really. :tongue:

Are there any Australian philosophers not named Bruce?

Yes, but they aren't very successful. :biggrin1: