Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
that would be cane toads (bufo marinus). they are pretty nasty pests here and kill a lot of native wildlife. So people tend to consider killing them something of a competition....usually involving a 9 iron, but its also a good test of driving skill to get one right under the front wheel and hear the satisfying crunch!

ninja edit: heres a good article about what we think of them :p
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200504/s1342444.htm

Last edited:

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always wanted to go to Australia, so my question is this...

Will you buy me return plane tickets to Oz and let me stay at your house free of charge? lol

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always wanted to go to Australia, so my question is this...

Will you buy me return plane tickets to Oz and let me stay at your house free of charge? lol

this is a very tempting offer....i'll have to think about it :wink:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How many Australian accents are there ?

From doing some research...there are three. 1. Regular Australian. 2. News--British/ Australian. 3. Australian rural (aka Bogan.<==I don't know if that term is derogatory or not. Forgive me if it is. ). Are these true or all bullshit?

Is the OUTBACK Steakhouse restaurant good in Australia?

The one that is near where I live in the States is divine!!! The servers don't speak Aussie though.

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How many Australian accents are there ?

From doing some research...there are three. 1. Regular Australian. 2. News--British/ Australian. 3. Australian rural (aka Bogan.<==I don't know if that term is derogatory or not. Forgive me if it is. ). Are these true or all bullshit?

There is definitely a city/country divide when it comes to language. 'Ocker' is a better word to describe the rural dialect rather than bogan (as bogans can be from the city too). Not so sure about the news accent as thats pretty similar to a regular city accent. I've also noticed a few differences with words and phrases between me in queensland (northernish) and some of my friends from further south.

Is the OUTBACK Steakhouse restaurant good in Australia?

The one that is near where I live in the States is divine!!! The servers don't speak Aussie though.

Ironically we have american themed steakhouses here..... I looked up outback steakhouse and they have some restaurants in australia, but not in the state where i live.

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never realised up until this point that musk sticks were pretty much an australian thing! I just thought everyone had them :p

But to the point, i don't think i'm contaminate good milo with a musk stick. I don't think the flavours would blend particularly well....

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ironically we have american themed steakhouses here.

What are the American themed steakhouses there in Australia? Are they pretty good?

All I found so far were Lone Star Steakhouse and Saloon and Tony Roma's. I don't know about Tony Roma's...but I have eaten at a Lone Star Steakhouse and Saloon here in the States. Not good.

I like Sagebrush Steakhouse better but you don't have one in Australia. So, if I were in Australia...I would have to go to the OUTBACK Steakhouse in Australia...or Lone Star. Lone Star would be my last resort. I think that I would go to a HUNGRY JACK's before going to a Lone Star.

Last edited:

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What are the American themed steakhouses there in Australia? Are they pretty good?
All I found so far were Lone Star Steakhouse and Saloon and Tony Roma's. I don't know about Tony Roma's...but I have eaten at a Lone Star Steakhouse and Saloon here in the States. Not good.

I like Sagebrush Steakhouse better but you don't have one in Australia. So, if I were in Australia...I would have to go to the OUTBACK Steakhouse in Australia...or Lone Star. Lone Star would be my last resort. I think that I would go to a HUNGRY JACK's before going to a Lone Star.

The main two that i can think of are Lone Star and Hog's Breath cafe. I think i've only been to Lone Star once, but I go to Hog's Breath much more frequently, and they are pretty good.

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I moved to Australia, are you old enough to support me in a manner in which I'd like to be come accustomed to?

you tell me in which manner you'd like to be supported and i'll tell you if i'm old enough :p

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
(1) Does "obivous" mean anything, or is it just a misspelling of "obvious"?

(2) What would you do if there were no beer to drink?

1) Obivous was a classical case of my fingers moving faster than my brain when i was making my account, but i never felt like getting it corrected. Its a talking point!

2) I'd take up home brewery!