Beer

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Corona with lime. Memories of Mexico!

I also like some of the new light beers with lime like Bud Light.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I don't have a particular favorite brand, but in style I prefer fuller tasting lagers and ruddy to pale ales. I like to sample smaller kraft brewers' wares, and fresher is always better. Stone brewery in San Diego County puts out some great ones; I'm partial to the I.P.A. Of the larger brewers, Sam Adams is a reliable fallback when nothing more intriquing is available, and I agree with Deno, Yuengling lager is surprisingly good for an everyday beer, especially for the price.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I like malt liquor JELL-O shots. I make it them with SCHLITZ or KING COBRA.
And if I have a nightcap with a guy that I like...I add a smidgeon of EVERCLEAR and give the guy a turkey and cheese sandwich for the ten count. :biggrin1:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Efes is what I keep in the house for friends, Becks is what I buy for guests, Pilsner Urquell is what I drink myself.

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Different brews, hmmmmmm. Franconia in Germany (in Bavaria) has many many different breweries. We have Kitzmann (Pils) from Erlangen for example. then Bamberg has quite a few good ones. "Schlenkerla" is one of the most famous ones. It's a smokebeer.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Guinness or Boddingtons Pub Ale

I love the nitrous brews. They don't bother my tummy tum tum.
I was going to post here to name exactly the same two brews. Some years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to Boddington's. Thereafter, I started trying all the British ales that are available in this country. Eventually, I decided that none of the cream ales pleased me as well as Boddington's (though Tetley's, which is very similar in taste, comes close). Then I tried Guinness, and recently it has moved ahead of Boddington's in my preferences.

Among the American beers that I have tried, I have liked Sam Adams the best. I don't have much use for pale ales and all those over-hopped brews.

a1149

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Bud Light draft with 3 olives floating ... I like it a little dirty ;)

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was going to post here to name exactly the same two brews. Some years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to Boddington's. Thereafter, I started trying all the British ales that are available in this country. Eventually, I decided that none of the cream ales pleased me as well as Boddington's (though Tetley's, which is very similar in taste, comes close). Then I tried Guinness, and recently it has moved ahead of Boddington's in my preferences.

Among the American beers that I have tried, I have liked Sam Adams the best. I don't have much use for pale ales and all those over-hopped brews.
I actually don't care much for creamflow ales - something about the nitrogen proces renders the flavours too bland to my tastes.
Cask's where it's at for me. One of the delights of going to a country pub in the UK is the voyage of discovery of trying a new one. I'll settle on a Timothy Taylor landlord or a Hopback Summer Lightning if available.

I tend to visit brewpubs if I'm in the USA - the craft brewing scene seems to be thriving and again I'll take a sampler tray and generally find something I like.

German weizens are a favourite of mine and German lagers taste like lager should. Belgian trippels etc if I'm in the area are good.

And if you ever get the chance to try unpasteurised Pilseners (only available in Plzen itself as far as I know) do it - they're awesome.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stone brewery in San Diego County puts out some great ones; I'm partial to the I.P.A.
I went to Stone Brewery. It was a good time. The I.P.A. is very good. I like their Arrogant Bastard Ale the best. Generally, red ales are my favorite. I even bought an Arrogant Bastard long sleeve jersey for cycling in the cooler months. Otherwise, Red Nectar is probably my all-around favorite.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I went to Stone Brewery. It was a good time. The I.P.A. is very good. I like their Arrogant Bastard Ale the best. Generally, red ales are my favorite. I even bought an Arrogant Bastard long sleeve jersey for cycling in the cooler months. Otherwise, Red Nectar is probably my all-around favorite.
Oh yes, I forgot about the Arrogant Bastard. You can't get it here, but at least I have the T shirt. :biggrin2: