Body Issues

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
JHC, Wally....if you are going to quote me can you not be so fucking selective? You can't cut and paste segments and expect to make a valid point. People here can and do read, you know.

You outright said that you were "among the least desirables in society" and that according to my criteria you were of low status.

WRONG AGAIN. Actually, I said this:

I'm also not afraid to admit that I am among the least desirables in society when it comes to my obesity.

I was very specific here, stating I was among the least desirables when it comes to my obesity. How exactly did I say I was low status here? Even you admit there is more to status than looks:

There's more to status than just looks. There's also wealth. Personality as well plays a role in the status equation.

If you are going to make an argument based on other people's words, at least use complete quotes without spinning them to your advantage.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am... exactly what you read here is what I'm like in real life....that said, wallyj seems to have derailed dazleezard's thread.

I'm 5'7 120 lbs and have body issues just like everyone else. I don't think of myself as beautiful but I don't walk around feeling sorry for myself either. I have attitude and a great personality to make up for any visual shortcomings. A few members here have heard me complain about a pudgy belly, non-existence boobs...and I have parts touching that never used to touch.

We all have issues with our bodys.... some of us just don't give a crap what anyone else thinks.... :cool:

Other than being slightly less outspoken about certain things:redface: I am the same IRL as well. Slightly hyper and horribly sweet even though it gets my feelings hurt often. Body issues from hell too. I'm not even going to talk about the things that bother me. But I still think I'm beautiful inside and out.

Muffin I think you are lovely:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
JHC, Wally....if you are going to quote me can you not be so fucking selective? You can't cut and paste segments and expect to make a valid point. People here can and do read, you know.

WRONG AGAIN. Actually, I said this:

I was very specific here, stating I was among the least desirables when it comes to my obesity. How exactly did I say I was low status here? Even you admit there is more to status than looks:

Okay then, I misinterpreted you. I read what you said as an admittance to being low status. So I took that idea and ran with it. If that's not how you meant for your words to be taken, I apologize.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Those weren't put downs, they were statements of fact. Although, I will admit that one of them did indirectly endorse putting down others, it was itself not a put down.

Firstly, they were statements of what YOU believe to be fact. Just because you (or I, or anyone else) believe something to be a fact, does not make it so.

Secondly, even if you were stating fact, it can still be a put down. Even (or especially) truth can hurt people. Pointing out people's negative attributes is a put down. For instance, if I were to say to a person with an acne problem, 'Your face is an infected mess', it would probably be the truth. It would also be putting them down, and would hurt them.

While I don't suggest you lie, an important social skill (if you wish to provoke positive, rather than negative responses from people) is to sometimes say nothing at all, even if it means not saying the whole of what we see as truth.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Other than being slightly less outspoken about certain things:redface: I am the same IRL as well. Slightly hyper and horribly sweet even though it gets my feelings hurt often. Body issues from hell too. I'm not even going to talk about the things that bother me. But I still think I'm beautiful inside and out.

Muffin I think you are lovely:smile:

I'm pretty much the same here as elsewhere as well. Of course I talk about sex a lot less with other people :biggrin1:

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While I don't suggest you lie, an important social skill (if you wish to provoke positive, rather than negative responses from people) is to sometimes say nothing at all, even if it means not saying the whole of what we see as truth.
An important skill I teach the kids on my bus....and I quote myself here...

"If you don't have anything nice to say.... keep your fat mouth shut." In other words... keep it to yourself. It may be the truth but there is no reason to blurt it out and hurt feelings...

Remember, not everyone is socially capable of being polite in society.

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So I started spying on some of the LPSG Ladies' pics to see what sort of ideas I could get for pictures to post of me...

RUBBISH!!!!

You are a very pretty woman. End of story. The raven haired ones especially. :9

:wink: