Buying Underwear in a Store

mthomson2020

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
this may seem weird, but does anyone feel weird when checking out when youre buying underwear in a store? like waiting in line people see what kind youre buying. or even the cashier checking you out. does anyone get weird about it or wonder what people think when they see you buying a particular kind of underwear

BoxersguyNJ

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
yesterday I bought 2 pkgs of hanes boxers in target and the cashier was a guy and he said to me with a smile " I like the prints and plaids you picked " so I said thanks and paid and that was it. I really don't care who sees me buying underwear

D_Colon Farrell

Experimental Member
Media
Only time I think about it is when the cashier at the Jockey store is a good looking woman, at that point I like to think that she's checking out my selection and me. But, I'm sure that she probably isn't since she is in an underware store so it's just part of her routine.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I always tear a bit of the package open- I like soft cotton (boxers and they are more absorbent) and NOT the cheap poly/cotten blends (also don't like boxers with the separate 'band' on top....digs in)

I would rather do that than waste $$ on boxers I will never wear....

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know what you mean, I used to be like that too till one day I decided that I didnt really care anymore.
Ya, it worked that way for me, too. I used to feel self-conscious years ago, but now I get off on buying underwear. If the there is a good looking cashier, I'll purposely go to his line. If he says anything about my purchase, that's when I tell him that "I'm into different underwear." just to liven his day.

laughinglover

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been mainly ordering underwear off of the internet so I haven't had the face-to-face situation with the cashier in a while, but it is something I've wondered.

Until now, I never gave it any thought, but I wonder what the person at the online store was thinking when they were packing the box to ship my underwear? :)

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I usually go to Marshalls or TJ-Max and get whatever they have on sale. Last week I got 2 light blue Ck trunks, and a pack of white 2xist white boxerbriefs for less than 15 bucks. Never even think about what the cashier and other people in line think. LOL

B_R_I_E_F

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Those that don't care - good for you.

Some of us do care. It may seem weird, it may even be erotic depending on if you are attracted to the cashier. Personally I like to buddy up to a sales guy and tell him exactly what I'm looking for, make him work, ya know.

mthomson2020

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
thanks for replying yall.

i dunno. ive recently switched from wearing boxers all the time to wearing mainly boxerbriefs and briefs. ive just always grown up around that stigma of briefs being the 'gay' or 'nerdy' type of underwear if you wore it as a teenager and only our parents and grandparents wore them.

i know it just seems stupid but i always wonder like if i run into a hot girl that i know what she would think. or if the cashier is like this kid is a nerd for buying these briefs (even though theyre the FAR superior kind). or if i ran into a friend in line or something.

just me being weird i guess

Ryanbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
dude dont over think it i know what you mean i was there in high school
when i went form wearing boxers to boxer breifs witch are way way better
and more popular that u think....trust me i work for a Levis store and Jocky i see all types of under wear and have ppl
do that like 100% of the guys go to me for questions and to pay for there underwear i just think of it as its easyer to ask a guy that an girl lol

jeepster99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
im right there with you man. in high school i wore boxers to fit in, but now in my post-graduate years ive switched to boxerbriefs and briefs bc i like my package to be secure while im working, doing shit throughout the day, whatever. but yeah, im always like "what does this cashier think about me buying these briefs?" thats why im online shopping these days :) freshpair, undergear, aussiebum, all great sites.