Cheese Snob?

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
I realised we had a "coffee snob" thread, but no "cheese snob" thread! I'm interested to know what all your favourite types of cheese are, where you get them, and your favourite ways to enjoy them. Just for fun, are there any cheeses you hate?

I'm lactose intolerant so by nature, if I want to eat cheese, I usually reach for fancy (read: expensive) cheese, such as sheep or goat's cheese. I just enjoyed some Spanish Manchego (sheep's milk cheese), and after living in France for half of last summer, I like to eat cheese on its own.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
I'm happy with plain old-fashioned aged medium-to-sharp cheddar from Trader Joe's. And a wheat stoneground cracker or Triscuit (any cracker that's fairly neutral tasting & doesn't exert its own personality -- so I can actually taste the cheese).

I loathe american sliced cheese. And any liquid cheese that squirts and glops onto nachos.

I do like those little logs of garlic and herb spreadable cheeses.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not a cheese snob. I like American (yellow and white) Cheddar (not sharp) Swiss, Mozzarella, and Provolone (not the smokey kind). I also like a white cheese the my parents buy, " similar to cheeses called pot cheese and farmer cheese."

The cheese I hate is Blue Cheese. It reminds me of bacteria. I also hate smelly cheeses.

I hate "cheese food" processed American slices. I do on occasion like the spray can cheese. :biggrin1:

Last edited:

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Jarlsberg
medium cheddar
gouda
Swiss{on a sandwich}
edam
Port wine cheese
locatelli{sprinkled on italian dishes}

WORST possible cheese of all:Dick-cheese

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes, yes I like cheese!!!

although I'm not any sort of expert....

English cheddar, Medium-Mature, Irish is nice... as is red leicester.

Brie, just about any type of goats cheese.....

Also stilton with fruit!!! very nice, but not normal stilton...only blue cheese sauce, otherwise yuck!!!

I'm not sure I'm a snob tho as when I'm desperate I've even made do with puttin processed cheese slices on my bolognese sauce (i know its wrong) I
think I'm just addicted to cheese!!!! :-D :-D

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No offense to the OP and other posters, but.... ewwwww.....cheese.... :eek: :rolleyes:

And anyone who would eat cheese after having to SCRUB and SCRAPE melted cheese off pizza pans is probably destined for an arterial bypass operation sometime in the future!

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
super crayon:

Yeah, it's called Cheez-Wiz. A cheese substance in a can that you spray.

Usually, the same folks that buy Cheez-Wiz are the same people that might buy shrimp cocktail in a jar with the twist-off top (the same folks that might serve pigs-in-a-blanket at a dinner party).

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

B_ClydeS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love all cheeses, but my favorites are anything stinky, strong, and blue/bleu. Usually, but not exclusively: creamier versus crumbly; sweet versus salty; edible rind versus "must be removed"; and non-pasteurized versus pasteurized.

There are two cheeses which smell so strong that they are generally very thickly-wrapped -- Epoisses and Langres. I like both of those as well.

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Answered this in another thread and thought I was alone in cheese fascination.

Favorites:
Aged 6-9 month organic cheddar.
Its more flaky, drier.

Pepper Jack on basil-homemade bread.

Goat cheese.
On salad, or with dill, onions, and garlic with crackers.
When I can get it, the Bouyguette variety or other raw, french goat cheeses.

Roquefort, Gorgonzola, or Stilton on salad.

Once in a while, Camembert on crackers, but the flavor gets to be a bit much.

Whole Foods has a decent selection.
I agree with willtom, American cheese is an atrocity... though once its ok to indulge in fluorescent, powdered mac & cheese.

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
wrong,wrong,wrong!!!! lol!! :-D

It's fun, it leaks out like toothpaste, but with cheese consistency. I get a craving for a can once every 3 or 4 years. It's a cross between American and Cheddar cheese taste. You spray it right onto Ritz crackers or maybe celery.