Cheese Snob?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They use American cheese on the burgers at McD and BK in the UK and other parts of Europe don't they?

B_ClydeS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The cheese I hate is Blue Cheese. It reminds me of bacteria. I also hate smelly cheeses.

Our tastes are polar opposites, but such is life, and that's why there are literally hundreds of different cheeses.

You're not wrong either -- the "blue" does come from bacteria!!!

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
I can see value in spray on cheese. It's fun, I'll grant you that, but I'm not sure I'd ingest it.

Not_Punny: I know I know... I fell off the vegan bandwagon. I think it started when I ate soy cheese with casein in it and then got out of control when I lived in Europe. Up until then, even my parmigiana was soy!

B_ClydeS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think I'm just addicted to cheese!!!! :-D :-D

Me, too!!! I don't go a day without it even as just a snack. There are times when my whole lunch or dinner is cheese, perhaps with a few crackers or bread.

Mark Hard On

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mmmm... all the cheese talk has made me hungry. Im feeling for a macaroni cheese with a little bit of pasta, garlic clove and a nice crunchy topping made with the remnants of a french stick. Mmmmm...!

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
Our tastes are polar opposites, but such is life, and that's why there are literally hundreds of different cheeses.

You're not wrong either -- the "blue" does come from bacteria!!!

I was so scared to try blue cheese but took the plunge when I was visiting Auvergne. Closed my eyes and enjoyed every bite. I trust that they wouldn't let toxic mold grow on/in cheese.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One cheese that no one mentioned is Feta, but I've only had it sprinkled on a salad.

B_ClydeS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One thing about cheese in a can (Easy Cheese or any other brand) that's different from whipped cream ... it's not as much fun to squirt directly into your mouth like the whipped cream! :biggrin1: You tilt your head back, turn the can upside down, and get a thick, hard-to-swallow string.

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One thing about cheese in a can (Easy Cheese or any other brand) that's different from whipped cream ... it's not as much fun to squirt directly into your mouth like the whipped cream! :biggrin1: ...

Plus you can't get a whip-it rush off Ez-cheese!
*uses up remaining brain cells reminiscing back to high school...*

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you want great cheese this is the place! I'm not going to pimp them, you will have to look them up, but this is what they have.

Types of Cheese

Bridgid's Abbey
Our popular Trappist-style monastery cheese with a smooth, creamy consistency. Bridgid's Abbey has been our best seller for years Ð its irresistible rich, mild taste is ideal for all-day eating for breakfast, sandwiches, or snacking. It melts well, performing excellently in quiche, toasted cheese, or over vegetables. Bridgid's Abbey varies in consistency somewhat from summer to winter Ð the winter batches are very creamy, while the summer milk yields a slightly firmer and chewier texture. Aged 2 - 4 months.

Bloomsday
A hugely successful mistake! We created this recipe out of necessity when a different batch did not go as planned, and we love the result. Named for Joyce's Ulysses, the Bloomsday is drier textured than many of our cheeses with a fabulous nutty flavor and addictive lingering aftertaste. Bloomsday is a perfect addition to any cheese plate and it makes a delicious sandwich or grilled cheese. Currently we are selling these at 6 Ð 8 months old, when the bite is medium sharp. We also offer a limited quantity of Aged Bloomsday at one year old, with a sharper and more intense finish. Watch for our "Anniversary Edition Bloomsday" to be released every June 16th!

Hooligan
AWARD WINNER! Hooligan is our signature "stinky" cheese that many food lovers consider to be our best variety. Hooligan was awarded the top prize in the Outstanding Dairy category from Gallo Family Vineyards 2005 Gold Medal Awards, and it was selected by both Saveur magazine and Slow Food USA as one of the top American cheeses. Made in 1.3 lb wheels, Hooligan is a ripe washed-rind cheese with a soft creamy interior and a gorgeous orange rind. Hooligans are bathed twice a week in brine to encourage the growth of pungent, surface-ripening bacteria. The Hooligan melts beautifully for a fabulously stinky toasted cheese (a bit like raclette). Sold whole in small wheels with basket lines on the rind.

Despearado
Hooligan washed with fermented pear mash and Pear William eau de vie from Connecticut's Westford Hill Distillery, the Despearado is stronger and riper than the traditional Hooligan with a hint of pear on the aftertaste.

Drunken Hooligan
A seasonal cheese that's available from approximately November through January, Drunken Hooligan is washed with grape must and young red wine from Colchester's Priam Vineyard. Not quite as pungent as the Hooligan, but ripe and fruity and very distinctive.

Drunk Monk
Hooligan rubbed in brown ale from Connecticut's Willimantic Brewing Company, the Drunk Monk is pungent and ripe with a slight hint of peanut butter on the aftertaste.

Dutch Farmstead
Moderately creamy and medium mild with a slight nutty undertone and a rich, round, well-balanced flavor, the Dutch Farmstead is our variation on Gouda. Consistently one of our favorites, the Dutch was recognized both Saveur magazine in 2005 and Slow Food USA in 2003 as one of the best American raw milk farmstead cheeses. Ideal for sandwiches or with crackers and wine, the Dutch has a little more heft than the Bridgid's Abbey, giving it appeal to customers across a wide range of tastes. Melts well. Aged 2 - 4 months.

6 Month Old Dutch Farmstead
Much stronger than its younger sibling, the 6 month old Dutch Farmstead is still creamy but also nutty and more complex. Many tasters pick up hints of cheddar, while others find a slightly smoky finish. A fabulous full-flavored cheese.

Vivace
(Vee vah' chay) Like a combination of Gruyere and Italian Provolone, our Vivace has a chewy texture with a zippy bite and aromatic finish, making it a delicious, well-rounded cheese. Vivace is an excellent wine cheese, and it also melts beautifully in cooking Ð try this in French onion soup! Made with vegetarian marzyme rennet. Aged 4 to 7 months.

Vivace Bambino
Our young Vivace is sweet, chewy and moist, a medium mild cheese with a flavor like Swiss Emmental. It is excellent for sandwiches, antipasto, or melting. Made with vegetarian marzyme rennet, Vivace Bambino is aged 2 to 3 months.

Molto Vivace
This aged version of the Vivace has transformed into a sharp, dry cheese with a tremendous bite. It is assertive with a delicious combination of fruitiness and nuttiness that balance the tongue-tingling aftertaste. A spectacular addition to a cheese plate, Molto Vivace is firm enough to grate. Aged 10 months or more. Limited availability.

Womanchego
Inspired by the classic Spanish sheep milk cheese Manchego, our cows' milk Womanchego is aged 3 to 4 months. The flavor is medium strong and a touch sweet with hints of fruit and nut. Firmer and more acidic than its Spanish cousin, our Womanchego is delicious on sandwiches, with wine, or melted.

Wise Womanchego
Our "more experienced" Womanchego is sharp and assertive with quite a bite! Aged 8 months or more Ð perfect with wine or fruit on a cheese board. Limited availability.

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
willtom.
Thooooose
guys... yep.
I remember a couple of guys got busted for sneaking turpentine out of the wood-working studio. I'm guessing kids use keyboard cleaner nowadays.

Whipped cream cans, at least the gas has a sweet taste and you get to eat the dribble afterwards.
I worked in a cake store, I couldn't help myself.

*contemplates a trip to the grocery store*

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A shmear of cream cheese is always good too.

Cheesecake is great. I prefer New York style rather than French style.

String cheese is fun and tasty too.