Circumcised as an adullt

HankJo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hello to all:

I was cut as an infant as most male infants during the 1960s. I really do not know (and will unfortunately never know) if I am missing out on all this extra pleasure by not having a foreskin. I would like to ask all men on this site who have been circumcised as adults if indeed their sexual pleasure was diminished in any way. Or, if it increased, for that matter. Perhaps there are those who know someone who was cut later in life and gave you their first-hand account.

Thanks.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'm not sure you'll be able to get an unbiased answer from most people based on the other circumcision topic on this forum.

I'll just say that I've heard stories on both sides (saying it lost sensitivity or it gained sensitivity), but I'm not sure which is really true.

I'd find it hard to imagine one would gain sensation, but easy to believe he'd lose sensation if he got circumcised as an adult. I say this because it seems to me the foreskin doesn't typically hinder sensation in the first place, since it pulls back when one has an erection and moves back and forth over the surface of the penis as it's penetrating.

I also don't think asking men who were circumcised as adults will answer the question because they've already developed, whereas men who were cut as babies had not yet developed when they were cut.

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've also heard both sides, but common sense would say that you lose sensitivity, they're cutting off erogenous tissue and having your glans constantly rubbing up against your clothes would mean that keratinization is inevitable.

guiltrip

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In terms of the actual head of the penis, there's no difference according to medical studies. Theres some debate over whether the missing foreskin had some extra special secret sensation or something.
I'm circumcised but im not pro- or anti- circumcision (i dont plan on ever having kids). Although I do think getting circumcision as an adult is unecessary and "foreskin restoration" is equally as crazy.

S

SirConcis

I was cut by choice 1.5 years ago. Uncut is to a raw onion what cut is to a onion slightly cooked in butter. The raw onion has much strongor odour/taste, but so much so that it makes your eyes really uncomfortable. The cooked onion is just right and you really enjoy eating it. The extra sensitivity of the uncut glans isn't necessarily good because you can't really stroke it directly or too hard otherwise it isn't comfortable and can hurt. The biggest irony I have found is that my inner foreksin is now more sensitive and more stimulated than when I was uncut. Go tell that to the anti-circ folks. When you have a long foreskin, the inner foreksin is rarely directly stimulated. It takes a while to lose masturbation instincts and adapt to new masturbation techniques. For sex though, the tight skin on shaft and exposed glans are exquisite because you get much better contact with the vagina and greater stimulation. In underwear, I am aware of my glans quite often, but in a very pleasant almost subtle way that reminds me I am a man with a penis but my brain has learned to not trigger erections whenever I feel the glans unless I really start to think about it.

skybluedude

1st Like
Media
Before I was cut, my foreskin was so long, it didn't even pull back and expose the head when I was hard (only the tip peeked out). I had to pull it back manually. And then, there was usually the forward stroke which would cover my head and the backwards stroke would uncover it. After circumcision, it was (and still is) wonderful feeling my head against my underwear, and the sensation of always having an uncovered head during sex/masturbation/etc. is much more sensual!

TLCTugger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sorry cut-by-choice guys, but I want to know what else was going on in your life to give you a body dysmorphic disorder. Were there medical issues? Were options other than circumcision exhausted?

If you just want your glans to be exposed or your upper inner skin to be more involved in intimacy, you could have a dorsal slit with transverse closure, or even a Philippines-style supercision, and no sensual tissue would be amputated.

Since I restored, sex feels so awesome in ways I couldn't have imagined before. The feeling of the skin stretching wide enough to just break over the engorged corona - either by my wife's hand or in intercourse - is incredible. The whole act is so wonderful I'm in no hurry to get to the finish.

For the non-anecdotal version of "intact is better" see a South Korean study published in the last year. Hundreds of men cut in adulthood were interviewed. Most would not acknowledge any sensual difference. (This is odd since many were probably cut to relieve medical complications, or for cultural reasons - you coudl expect them to feel pro or con). Of the quarter of them who reported a change, 80% said sex was worse since being cut.

-Ron

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was cut by choice 1.5 years ago. Uncut is to a raw onion what cut is to a onion slightly cooked in butter. The raw onion has much strongor odour/taste, but so much so that it makes your eyes really uncomfortable. The cooked onion is just right and you really enjoy eating it. The extra sensitivity of the uncut glans isn't necessarily good because you can't really stroke it directly or too hard otherwise it isn't comfortable and can hurt. The biggest irony I have found is that my inner foreksin is now more sensitive and more stimulated than when I was uncut. Go tell that to the anti-circ folks. When you have a long foreskin, the inner foreksin is rarely directly stimulated. It takes a while to lose masturbation instincts and adapt to new masturbation techniques. For sex though, the tight skin on shaft and exposed glans are exquisite because you get much better contact with the vagina and greater stimulation. In underwear, I am aware of my glans quite often, but in a very pleasant almost subtle way that reminds me I am a man with a penis but my brain has learned to not trigger erections whenever I feel the glans unless I really start to think about it.
1.5 years ago is not a long time. I thought sensitivity lessens over time, not instantly after being cut. Maybe you will have a different opinion in a few years. An un-cut man with a long foreskin can experience an exposed glans in sex by pulling the foreskin right back whilst thrusting. Is this not the best of both worlds?

Matt Cohen

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was circumcised 4 years ago when I was 16. It was my choice. My Dad is Jewish (therefore cut at birth), my Mum isn't. They chose not to have me circumcised as a baby and let me choose for myself.
I decided to have it done not for religious reasons (I've not been brought up Jewish myself) but for appearance and sexual reasons.
By the time I was 16 my foreskin was long and wouldn't stay back even when I had an erection - it kept rolling forwards. I had it done before I started having sex.
I think being circumcised was a good decision to make and I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of getting it done. The glans is permanently exposed - it gets stimulated by rubbing against clothing all the while which feels great.
I can often feel it being stimulated when I'm playing sport or running or even just walking up stairs. I love the feeling that I have no option of rolling skin over the end to protect it - it's that exposed feeling I like.
It's extremely sensitive. I don't get why some circumcised men say it reduces the sensitivity - being circumcised means it's permanently exposed and stimulated - increasing the sensitivity.
The only downside I guess is if you use your foreskin a lot to masturbate then obviously you're not going to feel that anymore - as I'd wanked a lot before I was 16, it did take a few wanks to get used to the difference.
And of course it did take a couple of weeks to heal after having it done, not a lot of pain, just very sore, but it soon healed and now my penis looks as if it never even had a foreskin.
My girlfriend says she much prefers the look of a circumcised penis - she has no objections to sucking it and playing with it and she says she can feel the rim of the glans stimulating her during sex. Also, as the shaft skin is now tight it inreases the pressure and allows me to keep an erection longer.

snowflake

Just Browsing
Media
I still have my foreskin. All of my teenage friends had foreskins too. The main problem I have is when I urinate. I have to retract it so that I can urinate straight. I was thinking about getting a "halfclip" instead of getting all my foreskin surgically removed. When erect the foreskin does not fully cover the glans. about 1/2 inch is exposed. I would like to have about 3/4 inch that overhangs when flacid so that I could just whip it and take care of business. And I think that when I have an erection the remaining foreskin would be behink my cock head. Has anyone ever thought of getting cut this way. I think a "halfclip" would be sexy and give me the freedom I desire, and keep my sensitivity. Does anyone know how much this would cost and the recovery time to be able to start having sex again?

pleasureboy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was circumcised but restores mine (or got a new one, whatever you want to say). I don't know if I'd say it gives you anything different. But, I have noticed that since it keeps everything covered when flaccid, the head does tend to be more sensitive when hard.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry cut-by-choice guys, but I want to know what else was going on in your life to give you a body dysmorphic disorder. Were there medical issues? Were options other than circumcision exhausted?

:confused:

Since I restored, ....

Does any one else see any irony?

but I want to know what else was going on in your life to give you a body dysmorphic disorder?

skybluedude

1st Like
Media
Sorry cut-by-choice guys, but I want to know what else was going on in your life to give you a body dysmorphic disorder.

That's painting with a broad brush, isn't it? Just because I choose to change one thing about myself doesn't mean I've got a dysmorphic disorder, IMO.

If that's the case, then I would think that anyone who alters anything about their body, hair color, piercings, even muscle size could be "thrown" into that category. And I'm not accusing or endorsing any sort of alterations about the body, just saying one circ or one piercing doesn't necessarily make a disorder.

dadboned39

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
had my circumcision when 35 and never looked back or wish for all the returning problems with it, sure cleaner

guiltrip

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:confused:

Does any one else see any irony?

but I want to know what else was going on in your life to give you a body dysmorphic disorder?

Yes but you have to take into consideration that "foreskin restoration" isn't even a legit practice and that circumcision is actually a safe procedure that can be done by a trained medical professional therefore...

double zing!

guiltrip

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Both are untrue. Restoration restores what can be restored.

Here's how "safe" circumcision is.

There is no proof that any form of "foreskin restoration" works and the "frenar band" can never be "restored."
Foreskin restoration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When done by a medical professional, of course its safe. Maybe they should leave the umbilical cord uncut as well...I just hope people will do the safest thing possible.
Adult Male Circumcision Significantly Reduces Risk of Acquiring HIV, December 13, 2006 News Release - National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Epinions.com - Medical Benefits of Circumcision