Circumcision

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Alright, I am really confused, someone please clear this up for me. Apparently, some of us think this topic still has points that merit discussion. And obviously, there are others who do not. My question is, if you think the topic is overdone and there is nothing more to say in the matter, why do you even click on the thread? Better yet, why bother to reply? But the most confusing is why do you insist that we not continue discussing it?

Maybe I am just missing something here, but when I click on the "View New Posts" link at the top of the page, I read the topic headings, skip the ones that don't interest me, and read the ones that catch my attention. These "done to death" posts are just baffling. If you are bored with it, why not just pass it by?

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@Oct 20 2005, 01:22 PM
If you are bored with it, why not just pass it by?
[post=353488]Quoted post[/post]​
I think it's a bit like a traffic accident; you don't want to look, and you feel bad about it afterwards, but you just can't help yourself!

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by surferboy+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(surferboy)</div><div class='quotemain'>I didn&#39;t say I had nothing to say. I never said that all the points about this subject have been discussed. However, and many other board members will agree, this topic has been done, and some simple detective work would have uncovered a similar topic. I&#39;m sayin there&#39;s no need to like, create a new thread when there&#39;s already plenty. And I never said I was bored with this topic, so why don&#39;t ya stop puttin words in my mouth?[/b]

Vs.

<!--QuoteBegin-surferboy

Because, and though I don&#39;t agree with it, it&#39;s their right. It&#39;s their child, the law says they can circumize them. End of story. People have their hearts and minds set. Either yer for circumszing, or yer not. There&#39;s no reason for these anti-circ, and anti-uncut topics.
[/quote]

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by DC_DEEP+Oct 20 2005, 03:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Oct 20 2005, 03:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Jace@Oct 19 2005, 08:26 PM
Noun
S: (n) amputation (a condition of disability resulting from the loss of one or more limbs)
S: (n) amputation (a surgical removal of all or part of a limb)

Noun
S: (n) Circumcision, Feast of the Circumcision, January 1 ((Roman Catholic Church and Anglican Church) feast day celebrating the circumcision of Jesus; celebrated on January 1st)
S: (n) circumcision (the act of circumcising performed on males eight days after birth as a Jewish and Muslim religious rite)
S: (n) circumcision (the act of circumcising; surgical removal of the foreskin of males)

The only similarity is they are both nouns. Since the penis is not a limb, removing the foreskin is not amputation.
[post=353281]Quoted post[/post]​
Interesting. the Webster&#39;s on my desk has its first definition of amputate as "to cut or lop off."
<!--QuoteBegin-Jace
@Oct 19 2005, 09:10 PM
No the point is that it&#39;s a personal choice and none of us have the right to say whether it&#39;s right or wrong. We can have our opinions and preferrences but we don&#39;t have the right to say it&#39;s right or wrong.
[post=353295]Quoted post[/post]​
Would you say it was a personal choice if a parent chose to have any other part of an infant surgically removed shortly after birth, or is it only OK if it is part of his penis?
[post=353309]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Yup, Dictionary.com has the first definition as: To cut off (a projecting body part), especially by surgery.

Seems very circumcision like to me.

The irony of this is great: I have seen comments like "stop forcing your opinion on us" by the pro-circ people here and yet they go force an unchangeable physical alteration on their kid. If it wasn&#39;t so scary it would be funny.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by robertomuro@Oct 20 2005, 12:35 PM
The irony of this is great: I have seen comments like "stop forcing your opinion on us" by the pro-circ people here and yet they go force an unchangeable physical alteration on their kid. If it wasn&#39;t so scary it would be funny.
[post=353550]Quoted post[/post]​
I agree, roberto... a child is not a tree to be pruned in the springtime.
You&#39;re comparing a piece of skin that is neither medically nor physically necessary to any other part of the body.

If you have issues with your being circumcised, talk to your parents as they are the ones that had it done, BUT don&#39;t try to force your views and values on the rest of us.
The point is not whether or not it is a vital organ. The point is that it is a body part being irreversibly removed at a time when the owner is not capable of defending himself. DOES A PARENT HAVE AN INHERENT RIGHT TO DO ANY OTHER BODY MODIFICATIONS ON A CHILD, or is part of his penis the only acceptable one? A big star of david tattoo on the face? If you cut off his ear, he will still be functional, he will still be able to hear, would that make it ok?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Or better yet, a male&#39;s nipples don&#39;t have a function. Buy one circumcision, get two nipplectomies free.

vega

1st Like
Media
Those that are saying that I do not have a right to state my opinion on this subject I direct you to the basic human rights. Am I holding parents hostage at knife point forcing to not circ their kids? No. So stop complaining that there is a discussion and contribute something of worth to the discussion.

Plese someone explain to me any good reasons to circumcize a boy.
Do not refer to religion.
Do not say because it&#39;s my right.
Do not tell me a foreskin is unhealthy. It&#39;s not.

And I know all about medical conditons that warrant circumcision. I agree with circumcision if there is something wrong.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You left out the "Daddy was butchered, so we are going to or already have mutilated our 3 day old male infant so they will look alike" reasoning.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by KinkGuy@Oct 20 2005, 06:32 PM
You left out the "Daddy was butchered, so we are going to or already have mutilated our 3 day old male infant so they will look alike" reasoning.
[post=353661]Quoted post[/post]​
Did you miss my posts on that? Very few responses to them. The look-like-daddy excuse breaks down if daddy is missing an arm or leg, huh?

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by DC_DEEP+Oct 21 2005, 01:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Oct 21 2005, 01:48 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KinkGuy@Oct 20 2005, 06:32 PM
[post=353661]Quoted post[/post]​
Did you miss my posts on that? Very few responses to them. The look-like-daddy excuse breaks down if daddy is missing an arm or leg, huh?
[post=353679]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

No ways&#33; That would offer the same if not far more benefits than circumcision. Think about it, cutting off an arm would:

1) Completely alleviate the need to trim and clean fingernails.
2) Cut down the chance of cancer in the arm by 100%
3) Almost completely alleviate armpit odour and we all know that that is far worse than any foreskin smell possible.
4) It gives us the benefit of the "look-like-daddy" argument as well
etc etc..

I mean this gives us every possible circumcision advantage and more and this is not a vital organ either, we should have been doing this centuries ago..

And as someone here once said, if we do it when they are babies they wont even know what they are missing, they wont remember the pain of it being removed or anything.. brilliant&#33;

Jace:
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@Oct 20 2005, 01:05 PM
Why is it SO important to some people to force others to share their beliefs? The only explanation I can fathom is that they are not secure enough in their own values, and feel compelled to get validation from without, rather than from within. Comments?
[post=353588]Quoted post[/post]​

Why don&#39;t you practice what you preach.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Some very good friends of mine had a baby boy last week. They opted to have him circumcised. I didn&#39;t ask them their reasons, but in our circle of friends we are all circumcised, and in this area the majority of males are circumcised, so I think their decision is just based on "tradition." The father is circumcised, his son will be circumcised, etc. It&#39;s just a cultural thing. It doesn&#39;t make it right or wrong, it just makes it the way it is.

I totally disagree that it&#39;s mutilation or amputation, however. Cutting off the baby&#39;s whole penis would be amputation.

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@Oct 21 2005, 01:48 PM
Some very good friends of mine had a baby boy last week. They opted to have him circumcised. I didn&#39;t ask them their reasons, but in our circle of friends we are all circumcised, and in this area the majority of males are circumcised, so I think their decision is just based on "tradition." The father is circumcised, his son will be circumcised, etc. It&#39;s just a cultural thing. It doesn&#39;t make it right or wrong, it just makes it the way it is.

I totally disagree that it&#39;s mutilation or amputation, however. Cutting off the baby&#39;s whole penis would be amputation.
[post=353840]Quoted post[/post]​

And what does cutting off a finger fall under for you? Is female circumcision ok then if is is part of the culture or religion? Don&#39;t you think that tradition is a terrible reason to do anything probably more so as it doesn&#39;t even count as a reason but a meer example of sheep mentality?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Jace+Oct 20 2005, 10:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jace &#064; Oct 20 2005, 10:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DC_DEEP@Oct 20 2005, 01:05 PM
Why is it SO important to some people to force others to share their beliefs?  The only explanation I can fathom is that they are not secure enough in their own values, and feel compelled to get validation from without, rather than from within.  Comments?
[post=353588]Quoted post[/post]​

Why don&#39;t you practice what you preach.
[post=353732]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Please explain how I preach but don&#39;t practice.

Jace: Re-read your own post and if you can&#39;y figure it out on your own the you are truly beyond help.

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Jace@Oct 21 2005, 07:37 PM
Re-read your own post and if you can&#39;y figure it out on your own the you are truly beyond help.
[post=353926]Quoted post[/post]​

Tell me, which of these two scenarios do you think would be be doing the more forcing of something onto someone:

A) Posting your point of view in a public forum where anyone may choose to read or not read as well as post their own comments or point of view and are free to argue to their hearts content.

OR

B) Taking a baby a few days after birth, restraining his arms and legs so that he is unable to move while forcbily tearing away at and then cutting off some parts of his body to which naturally he has no say in.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, I guess I&#39;ll jump into the hornet&#39;s nest, why not.

I am circumsized and don&#39;t consider myself "mutilated." My cock works fine and does everything I want and need it to do. I am content with myself, my quality of life is reasonably good. What&#39;s bad about it has nothing to do with my lack of foreskin. I have a little bit of curiosity about what it would be like to have a foreskin, but not too much. I&#39;ll never experience it; add that to the long list of things I&#39;ll never experience in this life.

I am not angry at my parents for having me circumsized. Obviously I would be if they had amputated an arm or leg (&#33;). I wouldn&#39;t be able to say many of the things I said in the previous paragraph. I respect that some people feel super strongly on this issue. But in all honesty, I feel the comparison between circumcision and amputation of a limb or female circumcision (meaning removal of the clitoris) is hyperbolic.

That said, if I were uncircumsized I&#39;m sure I would also be happy with my dick and would not choose to get circumsized later in life. Similarly, if I had a male child I would probably not have him circumsized for some of the reasons that anti-circumsision folks have mentioned.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Jace@Oct 21 2005, 01:37 PM
Re-read your own post and if you can&#39;y figure it out on your own the you are truly beyond help.
[post=353926]Quoted post[/post]​
Jace, please mature a bit. I am well aware of what I have posted. If you decide to flame me in a post, be prepared to defend it (and I mean that in the sense a debate defense, not a dueling defense). I have asked you to answer questions, which you refuse to do, you simply post inflamatory remarks directed at the people posting them, rather than the posts.

If you choose to read something into my posts that is not there, then I suppose you are truly beyond help. I have simply asked anyone posting on this thread to explain something I am trying to understand. Your point, as I have understood it, is that parents have an inherent right to excise a portion of a child&#39;s body. I am asking you if there is a limit to that right, and where and when that right ends, if it does at all. Prove your maturity and intelligence. Answer this post without using "just because."

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by surferboy+Oct 19 2005, 05:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(surferboy &#064; Oct 19 2005, 05:11 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Because, and though I don&#39;t agree with it, it&#39;s their right. It&#39;s their child, the law says they can circumize them. End of story.
[post=353094]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

don&#39;t be dense. legality doesn&#39;t confer any moral or ethical basis. there are PLENTY of laws i deliberately break because they are unjust, immoral or just plain stupid.

Originally posted by Jace@Oct 19 2005, 07:55 PM
Let&#39;s face it, some people will continue to have their sons circumcised and some people will continue to be against it. It&#39;s always been this way and probably always will be.
what the crap? how has it "always been this way?" it&#39;s only "been this way" since some clown decided it was a good idea to start cutting bits off of newborn kids.

It&#39;s a decision that young parents have to make, right or wrong it is their decision and as intelligent adults we should respect it as such.
[post=353218]Quoted post[/post]​
the neat thing about having a mind of your own is that you DON&#39;T have to respect or accept something that is clearly wrong.

<!--QuoteBegin-Jace
@Oct 20 2005, 02:00 AM
neither medically nor physically necessary
[post=353313]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
I can&#39;t speak for everyone, but MY foreskin sure as hell is "medically and physically necessary." if you wanna be an ignorant cunt, that&#39;s your prerogative, but don&#39;t get pissy when nobody takes you seriously.