Cougars

D_Will_Power

Experimental Member
Media
Maybe 10 years older??

How old does a woman have to be to be a cougar?

I have been with a few cougars. I have found them to be more fun in bed as they know what they want. When I was 19 I slept with a women who was 39 still very attractive and mature. And we still meet up today for the odd night of fun.

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
^^^ Please keep your seat belt tightened low across your lap and your arms inside the vehicle at all times! Enjoy the ride!! ;)

Generally I stay away from younger men because I find them to be boring and inane and I have been disappointed once I get them home by their over-confidence and lack of listening. Maybe I am not getting them young enough.... hmm....

I would love to come across a well hung, intelligent and charming young man I could torment with pleasure for hours on end, at least once in my life.

Maybe you just chose the wrong young guy back then. There are good men in every age group out there and also idiots in every age group. Until now I had a girls/women at my age, younger and older; 17-31 to be exact. Character, behaviour and manners had nothing to do with age in my experience.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
Maybe 10 years older??

I have been with a few cougars. I have found them to be more fun in bed as they know what they want. When I was 19 I slept with a women who was 39 still very attractive and mature. And we still meet up today for the odd night of fun.

Wooop i'm still a cougar then because my current beau is 14 yrs younger:biggrin1:

I agree on the 2nd highlighted part,i certainly know what i want now and wouldnt just 'make do' with crap sex like i did when i was in my late teens/early 20's.I'm far more confidant now and far less inhibited than i ever was 15/20 years ago:smile:

p.s....thanks Nes for replying to my earlier question :)

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Cougars are fun.

The ones like mentioned above that cut down men their own age or are cheating on their husbands are pathetic.

I remember this 38 yr old cougar when I was 25. She wanted to be done on the hood of her car. Well she got what she wanted :)

Funny thing about her...she had this...slap my face with your cock......fetish. Fun though.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
The last 3 men I've dated seriously have all been younger than me (7+ years) so I guess that makes me an unintentional cougar. I look pretty young though, it all works out.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
The last 3 men I've dated seriously have all been younger than me (7+ years) so I guess that makes me an unintentional cougar. I look pretty young though, it all works out.

Great isnt it looking younger than your actual age? I have to laugh when people look astonished when they realise i am my daughters mum and especially when they then find out the age difference between 'he' and me:smile:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A cougar is a woman who pursues younger men, since cougars are predators, so it doesn't just indicate the age difference between the woman and the man, but her behavior as the alpha in the dating game. If you are a younger man pursuing an older woman, then that makes that woman "prey" and not a cougar, regardless of how old she is. At least, this is the argument I use whenever anyone accuses me of being a cougar because of TheBoyfriend. He chased me, there's no question about that! I just let him catch me, eventually.

Since being called a cougar several times because of TheBoyfriend, and I was extremely put-off by it the first three times I was called one, I've asked every single one of my friends what they thought of it and whether they thought it applied to me. Every single woman thought that the term "cougar" was extremely offensive and they were very insulted that I had been called one because they felt I wasn't nearly old enough. Women clearly hear an insult in the term, and especially "old" implied in it. My male friends thought that the term was either really funny, laughing hysterically when they found out I'd been called one, and/or very flattering. One male friend consoled me by telling me that "No one ever calls an unattractive woman a cougar" which did make me feel better. All of my male friends over the age of 30 also said, "You aren't old enough!" but my male friends in their 20s thought the term was apropos. This has led me to conclude that the generation behind mine must define the term differently than my generation does.

Last edited:

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Myself, I prefer Cougars, even when I was much younger.

I see the defining age of a Cougar, to be from 40+, and feel the tag to be one of experience, wisdom, and that a Cougar demands respect, not some silly young little trollop who flings open her legs for anyone, and has little clue, as to what sex is, or how to be a proper lover.

L_Lynn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
How old does a woman have to be to be a cougar?

IMO, around mid thirties and up. To me, a cougar is a mature woman who is sexually and otherwise confident. We tend to come into our own around 40. My sexual appetite first kicked up a notch when I was 36, 37, and it just keeps growing. My mom said her peak ranged abt 15 years so... yay for me! :tongue:

I'm like her little bitch boy lately!! LOL She has definitely taken charge and I love it.

LOL! It's just things coming full circle. I think it's the taking charge (and her being more open to trying new things, i.e. confidence) that would qualify her as a cougar, should she go hunting for younger men.

Maybe you just chose the wrong young guy back then. There are good men in every age group out there and also idiots in every age group.

I appreciate men in my own age group very well and in fact, prefer them. A young buck has to really tempt me to make my cougar side come out!

A cougar is a woman who pursues younger men, since cougars are predators, so it doesn't just indicate the age difference between the woman and the man, but her behavior as the alpha in the dating game. ..... I've asked every single one of my friends what they thought of it and whether they thought it applied to me. Every single woman thought that the term "cougar" was extremely offensive and they were very insulted that I had been called one because they felt I wasn't nearly old enough. Women clearly hear an insult in the term, and especially "old" implied in it. ..... This has led me to conclude that the generation behind mine must define the term differently than my generation does.

I agree that a "cougar" is a predator, not a prey. She is prowling and knows what she wants.

I don't know your age Petite, but I am sorry you found it offensive. Personally, I appreciate the connotation of power and wisdom implied rather than "old" but hell, in my book "old" is a state of mind and not a number. I know a 60 yr old man who acts older than an 81 yr old friend of mine by a long shot.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree that a "cougar" is a predator, not a prey. She is prowling and knows what she wants.

I don't know your age Petite, but I am sorry you found it offensive. Personally, I appreciate the connotation of power and wisdom implied rather than "old" but hell, in my book "old" is a state of mind and not a number. I know a 60 yr old man who acts older than an 81 yr old friend of mine by a long shot.

That sounds like a very healthy attitude toward aging, but I wasn't talking about my own opinion of my age because I feel that I am quite young, but several situations in which young men in their twenties used a term that says to me and other women, "You are old. When I look at you, you look old to me." which is not flattering. It does not turn me on.

Incidentally, I think a few of these young men were actually attempting to pick me up or flirt with me.

I think you may be in the minority among women in your opinion of the word "cougar" based on the informal poll I conducted. All this ocurred at the beginning of the Christmas holiday, so I brought it up at the next 5-6 parties I attended over the holidays, which is a very thorough polling of my friends, and a large number of people, who range in age, personalities, and socio-economic backgrounds. It was fascinating that every single one of the women I told that I had been called a "cougar" thought that the term was offensive, many women felt that it was much more offensive than I did. Not a single woman defended the term! The universal opinion among all the women in these conversations was that men should not use it, because we don't like it.

Last edited:

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Most of my relationships are with women older than me, usually by a fairly significant margin, at least 5 years or so.

I'm not sure if they were cougars though. I approached and chased after them, not the other way around.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Guess I'm in a minority too because I've never been offended by the term cougar. I don't fit any of the predatory aspects of the term (if there any, I guess there are to some) but I like the implication of power, sexuality, grace, wisdom, panache.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Guess I'm in a minority too because I've never been offended by the term cougar. I don't fit any of the predatory aspects of the term (if there any, I guess there are to some) but I like the implication of power, sexuality, grace, wisdom, panache.

That's interesting! I can see how you could feel that way, the same way some women have reclaimed terms like "slut" and redefined them to empower themselves. I understand that perspective.

The women during the discussions, which also brought up the show Cougar Town, and that other reality show about cougars, talked about how the term implies an "old slut," the image of an over-the-hill trashy woman going after men too young for her, in some sort of sad and desperate way.

The men thought it was funny that I was called a cougar. The reaction was hysterical laughter. They definitely thought of it as a joke, which isn't flattering either.

It's possible that there were other women there who feel the way that you do, but minority dissenters didn't speak up to disagree because of group dynamics. I brought it up in a party atmosphere, so there was lots of drinking and joking going on, too, along with casual conversation. My polling method was very unscientific!

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Huh. Well that does make sense. I avoid reality shows like the plague so I've never seen anything like Cougar Town or Disgruntled Housewives of Orange County. Or whatever it is. I've seen commercial spots for it though or shows like it and let's just say we are not talking the cream of the crop wrt to humanity. So yeah, it would be negative in that sense. I choose to just ignore that stuff though. :silly:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Huh. Well that does make sense. I avoid reality shows like the plague so I've never seen anything like Cougar Town or Disgruntled Housewives of Orange County. Or whatever it is. I've seen commercial spots for it though or shows like it and let's just say we are not talking the cream of the crop wrt to humanity. So yeah, it would be negative in that sense. I choose to just ignore that stuff though. :silly:

Cougar Town is a comedy about a very attractive older woman who is re-entering the dating game, and who dates lots of men younger than her. She's not really trashy, but she is a bit desperate and isn't really in control of her relationships or confident, or wise, or powerful, etc. She's the butt of the joke for being the older woman.

The complaints were all about the name, which made the women I talked to recoil, make that "I smelled something bad" face, and shake their heads. I've never seen the reality show that came up in conversation, which is by some woman who has written some sort of guidebook for "cougars" so I don't know anything about it either.

Last edited:

Jojo51623

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd love to date/have sex with one at least once in my life. The thought of an older women taking control in the bed room is such a turn on for me. Plus they are much more mature than girls my age and way more confident.

Last edited: