However, overall, I have no prejudice. I do like new things though, and since my partner is my first uncut lover, I'm finding his foreskin pretty fascinating.
I'm cut, but I've got a tad bit of foreskin that I'm trying to restore. Wish I wasn't cut though, or at least had a choice in the matter.
I guess I'm one of those "vitriolic anti-circumcision voices" you think is "despicable". So you asked for it.Though there is a very strong, almost vitriolic anti-circumcision voice that pops up in nearly every thread that is so despicable, ...
If those rigged studies persuade adults to get circumcised, fine, it's their own stupid mistake. But the "studies" don't justify infant circumcision in any way.... especially given all the new information about the benefits of circumcision in preventing the spread of HIV/AIDS.
Uncut
Circumcision is barbaric in my opinion. Nothing less.
Excluding the medical conditions that require it (phimosis or paraphimosis) I can see no possible justification for it.
I guess I'm one of those "vitriolic anti-circumcision voices" you think is "despicable". So you asked for it.
Infant circumcision is despicable. It's a violation of human common morality: You don't harm the unwilling unless there is compelling reason. Moreover, an infant/child isn't capable of giving consent to it.If those rigged studies persuade adults to get circumcised, fine, it's their own stupid mistake. But the "studies" don't justify infant circumcision in any way.
I generally agree with you regarding infant circumcision, and the fact that the HIV research was critically flawed. Some emerging evidence is coming out of Australia, however, that suggests circ may reduce risk of prostate cancer (I'll find a link if I can). Still, it is a reduced risk, not an outright negation of risk. Then again, stapling your mouth shut reduces your risk of obesity ...
I generally agree with you regarding infant circumcision, and the fact that the HIV research was critically flawed. Some emerging evidence is coming out of Australia, however, that suggests circ may reduce risk of prostate cancer (I'll find a link if I can). Still, it is a reduced risk, not an outright negation of risk. Then again, stapling your mouth shut reduces your risk of obesity ...
Male Circumcision Overstated As Prevention Tool Against AIDSI'm cut, but I have no preference. I like both cut and uncut dicks.
Though there is a very strong, almost vitriolic anti-circumcision voice that pops up in nearly every thread that is so despicable, especially given all the new information about the benefits of circumcision in preventing the spread of HIV/AIDS.
Did you just purposely ignore the study I posted which is more recent than the ones you posted?But still, I'll listen to doctors. The author of the paper is a former Goldman Sachs VP, not a doc, and his conclusions aren't based on randomized, controlled trials like the ones I'm referring to. Here are a few studies that are worth looking into...
Adult male circumcision significantly reduces risk of acquiring HIV (7000+ participants...the data was so overwhelming, and the public health benefit so clear that the trial was stopped)
Adult Male Circumcision Significantly Reduces Risk of Acquiring HIV: Trials in Kenya and Uganda Stopped Early
or
Male circumcision reduces risk of HPV and Cervical Cancer in female partners
NEJM -- Male Circumcision, Penile Human Papillomavirus Infection, and Cervical Cancer in Female Partners
Again, I'm not saying that everyone needs to get circumcised, but to call the practice barbaric in the face of this sort of strong medical evidence is irresponsible. I say make your own decision, circumsice or don't, just don't judge those who choose differently.
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.