David Archuleta -- really swish

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Came back to take a look at the car wreck. Wow. It's amazing how you guys can just create an eyesore out of nothing. Apparently it upsets some of you that he is swish, that is, effeminate, and so you have to distract from that by inserting all sorts of nonsense into this discussion that wasn't there. You guys are weird!

Beauxbatons

Experimental Member
Media
Just to the left of nowhere (aka West Texas)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPY!!!!!

Why?

Oh, and I think I can put the whole "is he gay" thing to rest right now--anyone who actually watched "American Idol" this season knows that "Archie" is, in fact, a Friend of Dorothy. Remember the video clip that they showed of him when he was 11, singing "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" in that hotel lobby? Mind you, that was six years ago, well before Dreamgirls had been made into a movie... and what straight preadolescent goes around belting Broadway showtunes?

I'm quite glad to have him as a member of our team; he strikes me as genuinely very sweet, and his "swish" is quite endearing. He'll grow into the kind of man that will give homosexuals everywhere a good name.

Tovidious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Since when does having a knowledge of magazines mean one reads them? I know about Oprah's "O" magazine, I know about National Geographic magazine, I also know about Playboy and Hustler magazines, but trust me I don't read any of them, especially the last two. Let's see, I remember reading a couple issues of Tiger Beat when I was a teenager, many years ago. Remembering things we did when we were younger is something that I suspect any of us with a memory do from time to time. Being educated about the world that goes on around us I find makes all of us better. It's so much better than ignorance.

Once again, people read the worst into postings, it seems. chrstphrr, I sure hope you were trying to make a joke and not seriously being stupid.

One more thing, it also seems that people post on these threads without reading all the previous posts, and say some really stupid things that have already been addressed before.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
not every st8 male has to be a beer-guzzling, pussy talking, crotch-grabbing neanderthal. He has creativity, sensitivity, and hes only 17. Give him time to develope into a real jerky asshole.....

Media
For me it's not an over reaction, more like why was it necessary to come back to the web site and point out he was swish? Is that going to happen every time there is a possible under age gay boy on TV?

It seems to me there are better avenues of discussion here. We live with stereotyping, negative words that homophobic people use to describe gay people, why come in here and start this business of David A being swishy at all? Besides how gay is that in itself?

Who cares if the kid is as you say "swish" or has his own built in pilot light and can "FLAME ON" at will? It speaks volumes for the person originating the thread. I am very sorry if this is offensive. It was not my intention but the whole thing just put me off.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
If there's nothing wrong with being swish, then why is it wrong to mention that he is?

By the way, he has black hair too. Does me mentioning this mean that I think it's wrong to have black hair? If you mention something, does that mean you think it's wrong?

listenlooklink

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ok, ok, ok! This... XD... is quite funny.

Yes, he is swish(y?).
Yes, He has black hair (lol).
Yes, this be longs in Et Cetera.
Yes, he is underage.
No, we are not speaking about him in a sexual manner.
And yes, I am once again finding that the mindset of many-a-blogger is prone to wander off on a wild tangent!
Xd